The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m actually stunned we have done done transfer business before the window has opened

I’m not used to this level of competency 

My ‘favourite’ January window was when we crying out for a striker then we signed Willo Flood last minute for 50 grand instead.

7 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Quite a lot of money, the bhoys will be hoping it’s enough to see off St Mirrens under 18’s next time they meet. 

To be fair to Celtic, Ange was massively backed in the summer transfer window and was able to bring in 11 or 12 players so it’s not a surprise to see him being backed again in this window.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

To be fair to Celtic, Ange was massively backed in the summer transfer window and was able to bring in 11 or 12 players so it’s not a surprise to see him being backed again in this window.

The way things are going with Injuries he’ll prob need another 3 or 4 just in case. 

6 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The way things are going with Injuries he’ll prob need another 3 or 4 just in case. 

Fair point - the best signing for Ange in the window would be a sports science expert as he really seems to struggle with that part of the game especially his understanding of the importance of rest as part of an athletes recovery. That would certainly reduce the amount of muscle injuries you are getting.

53 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m actually stunned we have done done transfer business before the window has opened

I’m not used to this level of competency 

All in key positions too. We badly needed a left back which Hatate is, looking forward to seeing him and Jota link up down the left hand side. With Maeda coming in makes me wonder if Kyogo will be pushed out wide to his more natural position?

With Julien and Dembele also back in training and likely available for selection come the 17th it will be like another 2 new signings so bodes well for the run in.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair point - the best signing for Ange in the window would be a sports science expert as he really seems to struggle with that part of the game especially his understanding of the importance of rest as part of an athletes recovery. That would certainly reduce the amount of muscle injuries you are getting.

Celtic signed a new Head of Sports Science at the start of the season. The injuries we are picking up is due to players being overplayed due to lack of squad depth and long term injuries in key positions. We have played something like 35/36 games this season with a pretty thread bare squad at times, to be expected imo

Edited by Jinky67