The Celtic All Seasons thread

Reports a deal in principle to bring Daizen Maeda in on loan initially with a view to a permanent deal in the Summer if all goes well. Still looking at Hatate and Ideguchi. Confirmed also big Julien should be available for selection after the winter break.

Yosuke Ideguchi to Celtic transfer edges closer as Gamba Osaka plan for life after midfielder

The J-League club have reportedly lined up a replacement for Ideguchi ahead of a move to Parkhead

Yosuke Ideguchi of Gamba Osaka Yosuke Ideguchi of Gamba Osaka(Image: Getty Images)

Yosuke Ideguchi is on the brink of a move to Celticas Gamba Osaka line up a replacement for their key man, according to reports in Japan. 

Ideguchi has been a regular for Osaka and has racked up 200 appearances over two spells at the club. 

4 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Reports a deal in principle to bring Daizen Maeda in on loan initially with a view to a permanent deal in the Summer if all goes well. Still looking at Hatate and Ideguchi. Confirmed also big Julien should be available for selection after the winter break.

Is he 24 in Efe Ambrose years?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Is he 24 in Efe Ambrose years?

It’s a tough paper round in Osaka, very tough.

Looks a player though 

Dembele also due back in first team training from next week, with Jota hopefully back soon we will have some frightening attacking options.

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a tough paper round in Osaka, very tough.

Looks a player though 

I read that during his last loan spell in Europe he could not settle into the culture or the football and had a really poor spell in Portugal football wise ?

Obviously he’s older and more mature now and hopefully will settle better.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I read that during his last loan spell in Europe he could not settle into the culture or the football and had a really poor spell in Portugal football wise ?

Obviously he’s older and more mature now and hopefully will settle better.

Could be the reason for the initial loan then however it happens, Jota has a terrible time in Spain last year and has looked amazing and with Kyogo already here and maybe 1 or 2 more Japanese players coming maybe this will help him settle easier.

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Seems me posting about potential Celtic targets in a Celtic thread upsets @bennett in some way.

Whats up Bennie bhoy? Wasn’t Santa good to you?

Mine too 🥲

I gave you a greenie just to cancel out his incoming red, daft ***. 

69F47136-6235-4C24-8C06-2F6A60BFC737.jpeg

Edited by Drew Brees

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Could be the reason for the initial loan then however it happens, Jota has a terrible time in Spain last year and has looked amazing and with Kyogo already here and maybe 1 or 2 more Japanese players coming maybe this will help him settle easier.

Yes that’d make sense. There is also the fact that that the Spanish and Portuguese leagues are tougher than ours and they were both at teams that traditionally aren’t at the top of the table.

I’d also assume that given this transfer hasn’t been a secret then he’ll be well on his way to learning English.