The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, AJF said:

How can you disagree with what I've said 😂

I maybe thought some would deflect or just ignore it altogether, but to actually get defensive rather than just say "you know what, I can appreciate why people are ridiculing and laughing at this" is something else.

Surely it's a fundamental principle where if you are writing an article to convey a specific viewpoint, you shouldn't lead with a picture that is opposing to it?

I haven’t disagreed to anything you said actually I just asked you a question and then remarked how very Bennett like your post is in the sense that you are starting to post links to Twitter on matters relating to Celtic and when someone doesn’t immediately validate your opinion you assume they disagree completely and get a little bent out of shape.

Also if you read the article it becomes clear why he is using it as his belief is “It’s a goal, mate” also the goal is the topic for quite a bit of his article so it does make sense even if you disagree with the decision

Edited by Jinky67

Well isn't this a perfect example of the duopoly in our game, two teams who massively benefit from refereeing decisions are arguing over which of them have been hardest done, when, as I said, they aren't even in the slightest bit "hard done to", in fact quite the opposite.

57 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I haven’t disagreed to anything you said actually I just asked you a question and then remarked how very Bennett like your post is in the sense that you are starting to post links to Twitter on matters relating to Celtic and when someone doesn’t immediately validate your opinion you assume they disagree completely and get a little bent out of shape.

Also if you read the article it becomes clear why he is using it as his belief is “It’s a goal, mate” also the goal is the topic for quite a bit of his article so it does make sense even if you disagree with the decision

You tried to justify the picture as the article was aimed at Celtic fans.

It’s a basic concept of journalism that the headline of an article highlights the point the author is trying to convey. In this instance -  Celtic are unfairly treated. No matter how many lines he dedicated to Kyogo’s goal, that wasn’t the purpose of the article and using that picture goes against what he was trying to convey.

I was laughing at it’s very ironic use.

57 minutes ago, Ric said:

Well isn't this a perfect example of the duopoly in our game, two teams who massively benefit from refereeing decisions are arguing over which of them have been hardest done, when, as I said, they aren't even in the slightest bit "hard done to", in fact quite the opposite.

If this is referring to the article, fair enough. If it's referring to the posts in here then it's not really what is happening. I was laughing at the use of a picture in an article, not arguing who is more "hard done to".

46 minutes ago, AJF said:

You tried to justify the picture as the article was aimed at Celtic fans.

It’s a basic concept of journalism that the headline of an article highlights the point the author is trying to convey. In this instance -  Celtic are unfairly treated. No matter how many lines he dedicated to Kyogo’s goal, that wasn’t the purpose of the article and using that picture goes against what he was trying to convey.

I was laughing at it’s very ironic use.

Justification doesn’t come in the form of a question and the question was for you to clarify who you felt he was out of touch with.

I’m not a journalist so won’t claim to understand it’s basic principles however if he’s claiming Celtic are being unfairly treated which includes the furore around Kyogos goals then to the author the picture probably makes sense especially if the intended audience are Celtic fans who may agree with him?

You can still find it ironic and funny, the 2 things can both be true but it’s a bit of a non-story tbh

Edited by Jinky67

A group of lads have gone and created a business where they feed both sides of the OF paranoia, and all the OF fans do is buy it and start arguing with each other.

Genuinely a genius business plan.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Jockeys are hard as nails, that c**t would be rolling about the ground if a horse swished its tail near him.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Fucking hell 😂 does he think that everyone hasn’t seen his antics multiple times to warrant the criticism. And his defence of it is he is wee?!

Enjoying the narrative been played, they can't stop his movement him scoring goals so they give him a slap step on his toes grab and nip his skin all the dirty tricks players get away with and is part of the game.
Lets hope it continues more players getting booked and sent off because they can't handle Kyogo.