The Celtic All Seasons thread

16 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Do you think they'll stump up the cash for Vickers to keep a settled unit of him, Starfelt and Hart?

If it's the reported £10M they'd need to pay, then I'd hope so. Not because I don't think he is a good player, but it would mean they'd effectively be paying that without actually improving their squad from this season.

Just now, AJF said:

If it's the reported £10M they'd need to pay, then I'd hope so. Not because I don't think he is a good player, but it would mean they'd effectively be paying that without actually improving their squad from this season.

Feel like it's win win, either they go above and beyond like you say, or they end up letting him go and gamble on getting someone as good, cheaper.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve my doubts about that valuation, I’m sure when he arrived the quotes were a lot less plus his Spurs contract is up in the summer. He’s been constantly out in loan since joining them and doesn’t have a future there, just depends on who else wants to pay money for him after a few decent months in Scotland. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I’ve my doubts about that valuation, I’m sure when he arrived the quotes were a lot less plus his Spurs contract is up in the summer. He’s been constantly out in loan since joining them and doesn’t have a future there, just depends on who else wants to pay money for him after a few decent months in Scotland. 

Aye, it may well be made up tabloid nonsense.

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

An article about how Celtic have been “let down” by referees, using a picture of a Celtic player scoring an offside goal 😂 

Scottish football is full of these little ironies but you are of course well aware of that 😉

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Out of touch with who? It’s an article written where the intended audience is Celtic fans 

Out of touch, as in, lacking awareness. If they are going to write an article about how Celtic are on the receiving end of poor decisions, I'd suggest not using a picture showing Celtic benefitting from a decision, to highlight the article. Regardless of who their intended audience is, this just damages their point and makes them look silly.

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Out of touch, as in, lacking awareness. If they are going to write an article about how Celtic are on the receiving end of poor decisions, I'd suggest not using a picture showing Celtic benefitting from a decision, to highlight the article. Regardless of who their intended audience is, this just damages their point and makes them look silly.

Bennett stole your login?

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Bennett stole your login?

How can you disagree with what I've said 😂

I maybe thought some would deflect or just ignore it altogether, but to actually get defensive rather than just say "you know what, I can appreciate why people are ridiculing and laughing at this" is something else.

Surely it's a fundamental principle where if you are writing an article to convey a specific viewpoint, you shouldn't lead with a picture that is opposing to it?