The Celtic All Seasons thread

No Celtic fan is ever able to tell you anything about their youth team.

Guys leave after a few sub appearances and when they learn their trade and get decent elsewhere they look them up on wiki and claim the great Celtic youth system is working wonders.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Paul Lambert going full 'yer da' here. 

Maybe bitter his application was chucked out?

He does have a point despite how he came across. We are loosing too many games just now, aye Leverkusen are class but we also made it too easy for them with silly mistakes and blowing really good chances.

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Guys leave after a few sub appearances and when they learn their trade and get decent elsewhere they look them up on wiki and claim the great Celtic youth system is working wonders.

That’s not true, many Celtic fans have been questioning why despite year after year having strong youth teams they never seem to be given the chance to progress. You can probably count on one hand those who make the grade and it should be questioned as to why that is

They can tell you that he cant get into their current first team. Thats probably all you need to know.

48 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ffs, of all the things to slag Celtic fans for, and right now there are loads to chose from, you pick unfamiliarity of youth team players. 😂

I was in the whole 'he needs to be given him time' camp but tonights game is deeply concerning, his style is going to get us murdered anytime we play anyone half decent in Europe and like the Betis game before it , as soon as the opposition score we completely fall apart and stop playing.

Sunday was already a must win game but today just ramps up the pressure on that game now. A defeat is probably curtains for him.

He's far from the only problem at Celtic right now, but like many others now i'm not convinced he's part of the solution either

Its obvious where we need to improve and I share the concerns. I realised though im all in now with Ange. I am loving the style of football(not the results) but every game apart from Livi has been entertaining. Its brought the spark back for me. He has the full season for me. At end of season then I'll judge until then rightly or wrongly Im just enjoying all out attacking football.

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Its obvious where we need to improve and I share the concerns. I realised though im all in now with Ange. I am loving the style of football(not the results) but every game apart from Livi has been entertaining. Its brought the spark back for me. He has the full season for me. At end of season then I'll judge until then rightly or wrongly Im just enjoying all out attacking football.

The guy is lost and out his depth, his tactics don’t work and has no idea how to change them. I was willing to give him time until we were at full strength but it just isn’t working. He’s never been in a job where he’s had pressure to win and I doubt he can handle it. Just hope if this doesn’t improve quickly that the board have the balls to act sooner rather than later, unlike last season. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

The guy is lost and out his depth, his tactics don’t work and has no idea how to change them. I was willing to give him time until we were at full strength but it just isn’t working. He’s never been in a job where he’s had pressure to win and I doubt he can handle it. Just hope if this doesn’t improve quickly that the board have the balls to act sooner rather than later, unlike last season. 

I've read he's handed in his notice to leave in January because he can't work with the board. Sounds like a bullshit rumour though because surely the MSM would have a hold on that story and what manager these days leaves without getting pushed so they can get their pay-off?

12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've read he's handed in his notice to leave in January because he can't work with the board. Sounds like a bullshit rumour though because surely the MSM would have a hold on that story and what manager these days leaves without getting pushed so they can get their pay-off?

At this rate it could be too late by then. 

12 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

Airdrie just signed Kerr McInroy on loan, don’t know much about him, any Celtic fans rate him?

Im surprised hes still here tbh, hes not that young now and had a terrible injury on loan, was quite promising at one point though. Hopefully he kicks on but needs senior games badly at his age. He wont be ‘making it’ with us though.

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Whilst I think we should always blood more, Our captain is homegrown, our greatest fee received for a player was the same not that long ago dwarfing anything we had previously. Both our full backs yesterday in Europe came through also. For a club with our expectancy level and pressures we do alright.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

He still has to be given some time in my opinion. He’s walked into an absolute shit show from top to bottom and it’s quite clear he isn’t getting all the support and help he needs and add to that a significant amount of injuries in key positions only make the task harder. 

The board have backed him so they have to stick with him and would you trust them to get the next appointment right anyway?

Genuinely couldn’t give a f**k about Europe this year, the league is everything and the position isn’t unrecoverable but it has to click soon or it quickly will be. 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He still has to be given some time in my opinion.

the league is everything and the position isn’t unrecoverable but it has to click soon or it quickly will be. 

Can’t have it both ways, time is quickly running out. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

7 losses from 17 games now, Lennon last season was 10 from 39.

I get people are now pulling out former manager stats but Lennon wasn’t taking on a total shit show, he turned a total position of strength  in to a shit show which now Ange is attempting to rectify whilst we are somehow still remodelling our structure.
I did expect us to be shite in Europe this season so no great surprises there. I did hope for us to be better league form wise but Im still in favour of Ange and I suspect the vast majority of Celtic fans are still also. We do have a run of tough away games to come though which could see more questions being asked of him.