The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There have been a few pundits essentially saying Celtic arent strong enough to mount a sustained challenge. Craig Levein and Kris Commons are 2 that spring to mind that have made comments recently

There's a difference in saying Celtic won't challenge if they keep up this form, or they won't challenge unless they get their best players back fit compared to "declaring somebody a champion".

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

There's a difference in saying Celtic won't challenge if they keep up this form, or they won't challenge unless they get their best players back fit compared to "declaring somebody a champion".

Mate there were people saying this was done the moment Ange was appointed, you won't have to stray far from this forum to find those sort of comments

58 minutes ago, AJF said:

Celtic have won the same amount of games as sevco so far this season yet our form is pish.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have won the same amount of games as sevco so far this season yet our form is pish.

I think it’s fairly clear that we are taking about league form when it’s in reference to Postecoglou claiming folk have said the league is over in September.

Including wins in all competitions (including 2 more European fixtures than we have played) is completely irrelevant to the point being made.

12 hours ago, AJF said:

I think it’s fairly clear that we are taking about league form when it’s in reference to Postecoglou claiming folk have said the league is over in September.

Including wins in all competitions (including 2 more European fixtures than we have played) is completely irrelevant to the point being made.

Both teams have dropped points at home and both teams have lost away, it's very clear Celtic have had tougher fixtures, if the fixtures were reversed the table would look very different.
Form is very relevant over all competitions Celtic have had better results in Europe than sevco plus the league is a marathon not a sprint.
Ange also said our performances have been better than the results we've been getting I would agree with that. 

22 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Use your noggin. There's only been two champions (three if I feel like being picky) since 1985. 

If pundits are saying "Celtic are in trouble, they can't challenge etc" 

Who's going to end up champion in that scenario? 

But that's exactly my point, nobody has said that the league is over or that Celtic can't win the league.

The pundits referred to earlier have simply said Celtic won't challenge unless x, y or z. They've not said it is over, which is what Postecoglou is claiming.

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Both teams have dropped points at home and both teams have lost away, it's very clear Celtic have had tougher fixtures, if the fixtures were reversed the table would look very different.
Form is very relevant over all competitions Celtic have had better results in Europe than sevco plus the league is a marathon not a sprint.
Ange also said our performances have been better than the results we've been getting I would agree with that. 

I'm not arguing that point though, it's Postecoglou that is making the claims folk are saying the league is over.

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm not arguing that point though, it's Postecoglou that is making the claims folk are saying the league is over.

Ange has made it very clear and basically laughed off any suggestion that the league was over in September.
He also said these people have been condescending  to him since he arrived in the country he was not claiming anything.

39 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Ange has made it very clear and basically laughed off any suggestion that the league was over in September.
He also said these people have been condescending  to him since he arrived in the country he was not claiming anything.

24 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Quite a few folk are saying that. 

Who in the media have said the league is over in September?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Who in the media have said the league is over in September?

There hasn't been a winner of our league outwith Rangers and Celtic in 36 years. With pundits saying Celtic don't have a squad capable of challenging Rangers then what is it you think they are saying?

1 hour ago, CCB19035 said:

Also, Ange is trying to create a siege mentality, like Gerrard did from his very first game. 

I think that's probably what it comes down to.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying Ange is lying?

🤣

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

There hasn't been a winner of our league outwith Rangers and Celtic in 36 years. With pundits saying Celtic don't have a squad capable of challenging Rangers then what is it you think they are saying?

I've already went over that though. Your examples of Commons and Levein showed that no such claims that that the league is over by September have been made.

Commons said the league will be done by November IF they don't improve (and it is likely they will) and Levein said Celtic will only challenge once they get their players fit that are missing. Again, no claim that Celtic have already lost the league title.

As mentioned above, it just seems to be an attempt to create that siege mentality by claiming things that haven't been said. It appeases the Celtic fans somewhat with the whole "everyone has written us off" mentality.