Jump to content

The Celtic All Seasons thread


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ronny Deila didn’t have Rangers in the league and whether we wanted rid of the three players you mentioned or not they still have be replaced with players of equal or better quality if we are to turn things around and that costs a hefty wedge

You can’t blame Delia for that mate - he hammered home his major financial advantage and delivered - Ange needs to do the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

however sanctioning Edouard leaving was no brainer, recoup 18 million for a player we lose for nothing in a year 

 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No we owed PSG half of any profit not any sale 

😂

Well this certainly isn't awkward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You can’t blame Delia for that mate - he hammered home his major financial advantage and delivered - Ange needs to do the same.

I don’t blame Ronnie at all, he done the job he was paid to do. I felt a bit sorry for him at the end tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t blame Ronnie at all, he done the job he was paid to do. I felt a bit sorry for him at the end tbh

Ronny has landed on his feet and appears to be enjoying life in NYC.

Always felt the media looked down their noses a bit at Ronny whereas Ange is getting the opposite treatment and they see him as some sort of ‘Super Coach’ - both bring different pressures mind you.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ronny has landed on his feet and appears to be enjoying life in NYC.

Which of the City Group teams do you think Ange will be parachuted into once he gets the boot? Melbourne maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ronny has landed on his feet and appears to be enjoying life in NYC.

Always felt the media looked down their noses a bit at Ronny whereas Ange is getting the opposite treatment and they see him as some sort of ‘Super Coach’ - both bring different pressures mind you.

Very different personalities and even levels of experience. Ronny was very much up and coming, Ange is a bit more travelled.

Yeah he seems to be enjoying himself over there you see many pictures of him in the various CSC’s in his Celtic top watching the games which is great that despite it not ending the way he probably hoped it would he is still engaged and keen to see us do well. Top bloke imo

Edited by Jinky67
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Will he see out the season?  I can actually see Celtic losing double figure league games with him at the helm and that defence.

New manager,  new players getting used to a new system and the Scottish game. Ffs this sort of nonsense used to be reserved for Sevco. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bennett said:

New manager,  new players getting used to a new system and the Scottish game. Ffs this sort of nonsense used to be reserved for Sevco. 

 

 

It's hardly nonsense is it?  Celtic regularly only give managers one or 2 seasons if Rangers are miles ahead of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ronny has landed on his feet and appears to be enjoying life in NYC.

Always felt the media looked down their noses a bit at Ronny whereas Ange is getting the opposite treatment and they see him as some sort of ‘Super Coach’ - both bring different pressures mind you.

I'm not getting this media thing you keep mentioning maybe because the media in this country has no credibility.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's hardly nonsense is it?  Celtic regularly only give managers one or 2 seasons if Rangers are miles ahead of them.

We've played 6 games and they are only 4 points behind us, while handing out a few skelpings too. Playing at the Tonydome is always tricky, a poor pitch that you can't play football on against a team set up for hit and rush tactics. 

A wee bit of perspective...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've played 6 games and they are only 4 points behind us, while handing out a few skelpings too. Playing at the Tonydome is always tricky, a poor pitch that you can't play football on against a team set up for hit and rush tactics. 

A wee bit of perspective...

 

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

I can see us struggling in our group too and getting rid of the manager is the last thing on my mind. 

Ange has improved them, especially in attack and the defence might be a bit iffy but it's a whole lot better than last season. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate, no idea how you know where we’ll finish or how many games we’ll lose, fancy helping me with my lottery numbers?
We, more often than not, struggle after tough away European games, and seem to struggle at livi for some reason. We’re also missing at least 7 players who would’ve started or finished yesterday.  Long way to go, I’m confident once we get players back we’ll be fine, a bit threadbare just now but the manager is assessing an unfit and low in confidence squad from last year and new players who take time to settle. Jock stein lost 5 of his 1st 9 games in charge of Celtic, thankfully he was given time and I’m sure ange will too. No idea if he’ll work out but there’s no way he’ll be hunted before the seasons out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there mate, no idea how you know where we’ll finish or how many games we’ll lose, fancy helping me with my lottery numbers?
We, more often than not, struggle after tough away European games, and seem to struggle at livi for some reason. We’re also missing at least 7 players who would’ve started or finished yesterday.  Long way to go, I’m confident once we get players back we’ll be fine, a bit threadbare just now but the manager is assessing an unfit and low in confidence squad from last year and new players who take time to settle. Jock stein lost 5 of his 1st 9 games in charge of Celtic, thankfully he was given time and I’m sure ange will too. No idea if he’ll work out but there’s no way he’ll be hunted before the seasons out. 

You're the worst team in the group so I'm using simple logic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

This post has significant arse biting potential.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...