The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The majority of Celtic fans wanted rid of Christie, Edouard and Brown - Ajer is a loss and given the issues at the back I’m surprised that Ange sanctioned the sale of him.

Barnes and MON was a different era mate - Rangers were spending big then and during this window I don’t think they’ve paid a fee for one player (maybe Bacuna?) so Ange has a massive, massive advantage over all his competitors. Ronny Delia won back to back titles with a similar financial advantage. I’d expect Ange to do the same mate.

Ronny Deila didn’t have Rangers in the league and whether we wanted rid of the three players you mentioned or not they still have be replaced with players of equal or better quality if we are to turn things around and that costs a hefty wedge

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

however sanctioning Edouard leaving was no brainer, recoup 18 million for a player we lose for nothing in a year

He cost £9m.

You were owe PSG roughly half of any sale. 

You never 'recouped' £18m on Edouard. Stop being a gobshite. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He cost £9m.

You were owe PSG roughly half of any sale. 

You never 'recouped' £18m on Edouard. Stop being a gobshite. 

You were owe? I’ll assumed you meant we owed PSG?

No we owed PSG half of any profit not any sale 

That gobshite remark seems to have rattled you a little since it’s the 2nd time you have used it in reply to me, you a tad sensitive this weekend? 😂

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ronny Deila didn’t have Rangers in the league and whether we wanted rid of the three players you mentioned or not they still have be replaced with players of equal or better quality if we are to turn things around and that costs a hefty wedge

You can’t blame Delia for that mate - he hammered home his major financial advantage and delivered - Ange needs to do the same.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

however sanctioning Edouard leaving was no brainer, recoup 18 million for a player we lose for nothing in a year 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No we owed PSG half of any profit not any sale 

😂

Well this certainly isn't awkward. 

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You can’t blame Delia for that mate - he hammered home his major financial advantage and delivered - Ange needs to do the same.

I don’t blame Ronnie at all, he done the job he was paid to do. I felt a bit sorry for him at the end tbh

14 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t blame Ronnie at all, he done the job he was paid to do. I felt a bit sorry for him at the end tbh

Ronny has landed on his feet and appears to be enjoying life in NYC.

Always felt the media looked down their noses a bit at Ronny whereas Ange is getting the opposite treatment and they see him as some sort of ‘Super Coach’ - both bring different pressures mind you.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Always felt the media looked down their noses a bit at Ronny whereas Ange is getting the opposite treatment and they see him as some sort of ‘Super Coach’ - both bring different pressures mind you.

Very different personalities and even levels of experience. Ronny was very much up and coming, Ange is a bit more travelled.

Yeah he seems to be enjoying himself over there you see many pictures of him in the various CSC’s in his Celtic top watching the games which is great that despite it not ending the way he probably hoped it would he is still engaged and keen to see us do well. Top bloke imo

Edited by Jinky67

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Will he see out the season?  I can actually see Celtic losing double figure league games with him at the helm and that defence.

New manager,  new players getting used to a new system and the Scottish game. Ffs this sort of nonsense used to be reserved for Sevco. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

New manager,  new players getting used to a new system and the Scottish game. Ffs this sort of nonsense used to be reserved for Sevco. 

It's hardly nonsense is it?  Celtic regularly only give managers one or 2 seasons if Rangers are miles ahead of them.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I'm not getting this media thing you keep mentioning maybe because the media in this country has no credibility.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's hardly nonsense is it?  Celtic regularly only give managers one or 2 seasons if Rangers are miles ahead of them.

We've played 6 games and they are only 4 points behind us, while handing out a few skelpings too. Playing at the Tonydome is always tricky, a poor pitch that you can't play football on against a team set up for hit and rush tactics. 

A wee bit of perspective...

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

We've played 6 games and they are only 4 points behind us, while handing out a few skelpings too. Playing at the Tonydome is always tricky, a poor pitch that you can't play football on against a team set up for hit and rush tactics. 

A wee bit of perspective...

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They're also going to finish rock bottom of their Europa League group and lose a heap more games domestically.  When in recorded history has a Celtic manager ever survived that?

I can see us struggling in our group too and getting rid of the manager is the last thing on my mind. 

Ange has improved them, especially in attack and the defence might be a bit iffy but it's a whole lot better than last season.