The Celtic All Seasons thread

We were lucky rangers drew today, 4 points behind doesnt feel so bad. We need to just refocus and concentrate on next game. I've expected bad results to still happen until we get some more consistency in whos playing and get the defence sorted. 

No doubt though we have to improve and get on a run of wins

15 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

We were lucky rangers drew today, 4 points behind doesnt feel so bad. We need to just refocus and concentrate on next game. I've expected bad results to still happen until we get some more consistency in whos playing and get the defence sorted. 

No doubt though we have to improve and get on a run of wins

Celtic are playing like a team that just met yesterday,in many ways that is true you could say the league was done before it started.
Sevco also have a massive advantage in the fixtures before the split if you believe the league is won away from home.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Will he see out the season?  I can actually see Celtic losing double figure league games with him at the helm and that defence.

I've said before the league is getting better so points dropped will become greater.
Celtic's defence is one of the best in the league after 6 games so your talking mince again.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I've said before the league is getting better so points dropped will become greater.
Celtic's defence is one of the best in the league after 6 games so your talking mince again.

You've played 6 and lost 3, Willy, so I'd beg to differ.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic have lost 4 goals regardless of the results. 

You're on course to easily lose 10 plus league games this season, well done on missing the point spectacularly as usual.  I couldn't give a fuck how many goals Celtic concede.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You're on course to easily lose 10 plus league games this season, well done on missing the point spectacularly as usual.  I couldn't give a f**k how many goals Celtic concede.

The team lose the games not just the defence,the away results have been very poor 3 tough places to go to get a result.
Celtic won the league on 79 points the lowest total usually 90 points has a decent chance of winning the league.

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Will he see out the season?  I can actually see Celtic losing double figure league games with him at the helm and that defence.

Ange seems to have taken a scatter gun approach to signings with no actual plan. He’s getting lots of praise in the media for ‘Ange-ball’ but is he the great coach the media are making out or does he have areas of development ?

Scales, who has league and European experience was bought to provide competition however with Juranovic and Bolingoli being fancied to cover Taylor at LB before him it looks like he’s written off already as is 4th choice.

The Greek lad who was bought to support Furuhashi (injury was totally unfortunate) is woefully short of match fitness which has left Ajeti as Ange’s only fit striker - why sanction Edouard and Griffiths to leave in that case ?

Starfelt has been getting a lot of stick and some of it justified however so far this season Bitton, Murray, Welsh, CCV and Starfelt have all been played in central defence so where’s the continuity to build up an understanding ?

Giving McCarthy a 4 year contract given his age and fitness issues was mental - how much did Ange to do with that signing though ?

Its far to early to write Ange off but there have been errors.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ange seems to have taken a scatter gun approach to signings with no actual plan. He’s getting lots of praise in the media for ‘Ange-ball’ but is he the great coach the media are making out or does he have areas of development ?

Scales, who has league and European experience was bought to provide competition however with Juranovic and Bolingoli being fancied to cover Taylor at LB before him it looks like he’s written off already as is 4th choice.

The Greek lad who was bought to support Furuhashi (injury was totally unfortunate) is woefully short of match fitness which has left Ajeti as Ange’s only fit striker - why sanction Edouard and Griffiths to leave in that case ?

Starfelt has been getting a lot of stick and some of it justified however so far this season Bitton, Murray, Welsh, CCV and Starfelt have all been played in central defence so where’s the continuity to build up an understanding ?

Giving McCarthy a 4 year contract given his age and fitness issues was mental - how much did Ange to do with that signing though ?

Its far to early to write Ange off but there have been errors.

Scales isn’t a natural left back he’s a centre back so we are back to square pegs in round holes. 

The Greek lad hasn’t had a pre-season however sanctioning Edouard leaving was no brainer, recoup 18 million for a player we lose for nothing in a year and hasn’t been trying for the past year and Griffiths also isn’t fit nor is he the player he was, you saw that at the weekend with Dundee, he couldn’t be arsed.

Starfelt was sick at the weekend or he would have been playing. 

But every club makes errors with signings, it’s par for the course but Ange was never going to have the players and squad he wanted in just 1 window. He pretty much said that himself.

However there is always board meddling in Celtics transfers, it’s the way it’s been since Lawell was appointed, there is obviously conflict higher up and if rumours are to be believed some of that also revolves around transfers. McCarthy is a DD signing but that’s what happens at Celtic and until that changes unfortunately any manager we have will have to work with that. Doesn’t make it right but it’s how it is

Edited by Jinky67

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Scales isn’t a natural left back he’s a centre back so we are back to square pegs in round holes. 

The Greek lad hasn’t had a pre-season however sanctioning Edouard leaving was no brainer, recoup 18 million for a player we lose for nothing in a year and hasn’t been trying for the past year and Griffiths also isn’t fit nor is he the player he was, you saw that at the weekend with Dundee, he couldn’t be arsed.

Starfelt was sick at the weekend or he would have been playing. 

But every club makes errors with signings, it’s par for the course but Ange was never going to have the players and squad he wanted in just 1 window. He pretty much said that himself.

However there is always board meddling in Celtics transfers, it’s the way it’s been since Lawell was appointed, there is obviously conflict higher up and if rumours are to be believed some of that also revolves around transfers. McCarthy is a DD signing but that’s what happens at Celtic and until that changes unfortunately any manager we have will have to work with that. Doesn’t make it right but it’s how it is

Juranovic is a right back who he played at left back so it is square pegs in round holes with Ange mate.

We’ll see - to me, any manager with a c.£20m war-chest should win the league in Scotland convincingly.

Ange might still do that as it’s very early however I’m not convinced he’s the coaching God that many in Scotland think he is.

There’s only so many times people can say ‘it’s not Ange’s fault’.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Juranovic is a right back who he played at left back so it is square pegs in round holes with Ange mate.

We’ll see - to me, any manager with a c.£20m war-chest should win the league in Scotland convincingly.

Ange might still do that as it’s very early however I’m not convinced he’s the coaching God that many in Scotland think he is.

There’s only so many times people can say ‘it’s not Ange’s fault’.

That’s the point we should have also signed a left back, you talk about Scales as if he was bought to play there he wasn’t.

We have lost the spine of our team last season in Ajer, Edouard, Brown and to an extent Christie and those 4 weren’t good enough to help us win the league last season. That’s 35 million quids worth of players gone who need to be replaced not to mention all the other areas we lacked quality which were many

John Barnes spent 20 million back in 99 and it didn’t get us anywhere, MON had to spend another 30 million in 00 on top of that to win the league and that was 20 years ago when transfer prices weren’t as high as they are now.

I said at the start of the season this was easily a 40 million rebuild job if Celtic want to get back to winning across all competitions in Scotland and do better in Europe. I can see us spending heavily again in January

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s the point we should have also signed a left back, you talk about Scales as if he was bought to play there he wasn’t.

We have lost the spine of our team last season in Ajer, Edouard, Brown and to an extent Christie and those 4 weren’t good enough to help us win the league last season. That’s 35 million quids worth of players gone who need to be replaced not to mention all the other areas we lacked quality which were many

John Barnes spent 20 million back in 99 and it didn’t get us anywhere, MON had to spend another 30 million in 00 on top of that to win the league and that was 20 years ago when transfer prices weren’t as high as they are now.

I said at the start of the season this was easily a 40 million rebuild job if Celtic want to get back to winning across all competitions in Scotland and do better in Europe. I can see us spending heavily again in January

The majority of Celtic fans wanted rid of Christie, Edouard and Brown - Ajer is a loss and given the issues at the back I’m surprised that Ange sanctioned the sale of him.

Barnes and MON was a different era mate - Rangers were spending big then and during this window I don’t think they’ve paid a fee for one player (maybe Bacuna?) so Ange has a massive, massive advantage over all his competitors. Ronny Delia won back to back titles with a similar financial advantage. I’d expect Ange to do the same mate.