The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Bournemouth 🤔

Genuinely can’t understand the attraction. If it was a Premier League team fair enough but i just can’t wrap my head around it.

If the choice was between Burnley and Bournemouth I’d say he made the right one. Scott Parker will have them playing a style of football that suits Christie more than Burnley’s and there is every chance he will be playing Premier League football next year.

Granted it is probably quite the drop in level you would have thought he could have got a year or so ago.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

He didn't win the quadruple treble.

¿Didn’t he?

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If the choice was between Burnley and Bournemouth I’d say he made the right one. Scott Parker will have them playing a style of football that suits Christie more than Burnley’s and there is every chance he will be playing Premier League football next year.

Granted it is probably quite the drop in level you would have thought he could have got a year or so ago.

Plus Burnley is a shithole

Edited by Drew Brees

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was with us for the first two. We got him in the January. Don't think he'd played enough for a league medal.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He was at Aberdeen on loan for the invincible season

Ah, I see, I though they meant he won the quadruple treble, as in the last one, d’oh. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Was with us for the first two. We got him in the January. Don't think he'd played enough for a league medal.

First mistake trying to educate and share facts with the team responsible for the Seville Calculator and "If you know our history ......."

Christie is at Bournemouth because they were probably the highest rated team interested in him. Pretty simple.

Will be nice to see what French Eddy is capable of now he's going to start making an effort again.

22 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

First mistake trying to educate and share facts with the team responsible for the Seville Calculator and "If you know our history ......."

Tries to be condescending  then makes a c**t of it by misquoting, now kindly f**k off MJC junior.

Edited by gannonball

4 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

So looks like 3 out and only 2 in. Still about 3 short of what we needed to bring in (needed another left sided player , CM and CH).

Not like Celtic to roll the dice and fail to properly back the manager.....

Gotta hope for an injury free 4 months, midfield is looking weak. 

Mcgregor
Soro
McCarthy
Bitton
Rogic
Turnbull
Connell
Henderson
Shaw. 

we’re a mcgregor injury away from being fucked. 

8 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

So looks like 3 out and only 2 in. Still about 3 short of what we needed to bring in (needed another left sided player , CM and CH).

Not like Celtic to roll the dice and fail to properly back the manager.....

Was maybe optimistic to expect 14-15 players in one window however no left back is a bit worrying. 

It’s been a good window in terms of outgoings so plenty of cash in the bank and you may see Ange go back into the Japanese/Asian market in Jan.

Opportunity bring some youngsters through I’d like to see the likes of Luca Connell being given a chance 

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Gotta hope for an injury free 4 months, midfield is looking weak. 

Mcgregor
Soro
McCarthy
Bitton
Rogic
Turnbull
Connell
Henderson
Shaw. 

we’re a mcgregor injury away from being fucked. 

Yep, need to just hope for the best and stay in striking distance and go big in January (Since Ange has said he wants to bring more in from J League)

Edited by DavieCFC