The Celtic All Seasons thread

21 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
35 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
Did they ask how his sister and newphews felt when his brother was arrested for sectarian singing? 

Luckily Celtic don't have anyone on their payroll who has been arrested for singing racist songs.

Sarto Mutiny going for the hail Mary whataboutery here.

I apologise for drawing parallels between supporters singing racist songs on buses before games and players singing racist songs in pubs before games. I now appreciate there is a vast difference between the two and it won't happen again.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I apologise for drawing parallels between supporters singing racist songs on buses before games and players singing racist songs in pubs before games. I now appreciate there is a vast difference between the two and it won't happen again.

Maybe when you look in the mirror you will see who is responsible.

2 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Still not sure where I fall into that scenario 

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
1 hour ago, gannonball said:

So let me get this straight. 

So because he is a Celtic fan that makes him somewhat responsible for Leigh Griffiths and that somehow makes it wrong for him to make comment or take offense to other instances of racist abuse despite him continually calling out Griffiths as a scumbag?

If so i'm taking that award for dumbfuckery straight back off Charlie Adam and please you take it, you have earned it

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, AJF said:

You’re quite correct, my gripe is more to do with the fact that the media are now putting him in a lose-lose situation. By asking the question and saying “Scott Brown done it” already will have some people dismissing it as a token gesture if he does something.

And also by asking the question, they’ve put a target on his back if he doesn’t make a gesture.

I'll be surprised and dissappointed anyone who has watched events over the past year and a half and to how central to anti-racists campaigning Tavernier would think it's just a token gesture.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I take transfer fee's with a pinch of salt tae but if you know better prove it?
GO.

Well you don't, clearly, seeing as you stated a fanciful figure then doubled down on that figure by quoting Wikipedia. 

In relation to knowing better, here's an article with direct quotes from the Livingston CEO. Livingston will be lucky to walk away with £1.5m, and that's if Dykes hits goalscoring/promotion targets. And if QPR actually pony up the dough they are due us as well.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/08/20/livingston-chief-reveals-why-club-will-only-receive-less-than-half-of-lyndon-dykes-transfer-up-front/

1 hour ago, mozam76 said:

Proof that we got, and I quote you here, "2-3 million" for Dykes please. Red top bullshit doesn't count.

Go. 

So, thickipedia then? The sources there are the BBC (no fee in the piece) and the Derby fucking Telegraph? Do you read and believe the Beano as well? 

22 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Well you don't, clearly, seeing as you stated a fanciful figure then doubled down on that figure by quoting Wikipedia. 

In relation to knowing better, here's an article with direct quotes from the Livingston CEO. Livingston will be lucky to walk away with £1.5m, and that's if Dykes hits goalscoring/promotion targets. And if QPR actually pony up the dough they are due us as well.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/08/20/livingston-chief-reveals-why-club-will-only-receive-less-than-half-of-lyndon-dykes-transfer-up-front/

It’s hot outside today, I think you should calm your tits

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

It’s hot outside today, I think you should calm your tits

😄😄😄

It is indeed, and I'm near melting. I'd appreciate it if you kept my moobs out of it though. 

M8 I sense your frustration it must be hard to accept getting dosh for players after losing so many for free.
You are debating 500 grand i'm sure Livingston made on liam kelly but got nothing for Halkett or Gallagher but your CEO seems to be getting better at it.
My original point was the league is in a stronger place and playing at a decent level before you took me down this rabbit hole.
Whether Livingston made £1.5 or £2 million it's a good thing. 

On 25/07/2021 at 15:22, Jinky67 said:

I think he will be fine, we can see already in attack we look more direct and Abada looks really good which is Anges signing.

What we haven’t done is do anything to address the defence but i’m sure that will come albeit too late for us to have any hope of Champions League however being realistic that was always likely to be a step too far for us just now.

We need an entire back line alongside Starfelt, we also need to replace Brown and a centre forward. Did laugh at the Diego Costa rumours this morning, more chance of a costa coffee franchise arriving at CP than the big man, love to see it though 😂

😂