The Celtic All Seasons thread

11 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Far fucks to Rangers acting so fast but Im unsure as to why the RSC has been banned tbh, I can only assume they have been in trouble before with the club. I also don’t think any more needs to be made of this in the upcoming derby that people have alluded to . The Kamara situation was a fair bit different where he was directly abused on the pitch by a fellow professional. 

Supporters clubs have to be held responsible for their members, just holding individuals to account doesn't work as we are still seeing it happen. I think its absolutely the right thing to do

Sends out a clear message that if you engage in this shit you risk allocations for your entire supporters club, if you sit back, don't participate and do f**k all about it you give it the oxygen it needs to exist and you risk allocations for your entire supporters club. 

Fans and associated groups are now accountable and should be accountable

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Would guess its an attempt to force these clubs to self police themselves.

In that case I would expect to see more of the ‘bear on bear’ stuff we have seen of late. But if that’s what’s required to drag a fan base in to modern society then so be it.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I also don’t think any more needs to be made of this in the upcoming derby that people have alluded to . The Kamara situation was a fair bit different where he was directly abused on the pitch by a fellow professional. 

I disagree. Anything that sticks two fingers up to racist abuse is a good thing. And there are no degrees of racist abuse. The kamara situation is not different because of who he was abused by. You are racist or not. Not a wee bit less racist because you are a “supporter” and not a player. 

27 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I disagree. Anything that sticks two fingers up to racist abuse is a good thing. And there are no degrees of racist abuse. The kamara situation is not different because of who he was abused by. You are racist or not. Not a wee bit less racist because you are a “supporter” and not a player. 

I get what you are saying but for me there is a difference in being racially abused face to face than some fanny on snapchat or whatever platform it was broadcasted. If Tavernier wishes to display some sort of solidarity then fair enough though. 

I think Tavernier will find himself in a difficult situation now. If he does make a gesture then it’ll just be written off as a token gesture because Brown done it. If he doesn’t make a gesture, then he will be criticised for not doing anything.

Those in the media have already started to speculate and make it a thing when it really doesn’t need to be.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Charlie Adam on the radio and now twitter comparing it to a song about his sisters pants 🤦‍♂️

That’s incredible, comparing that to open racism. #SistersPantsMatter

Mark Walters must’ve been busy. 

11 hours ago, AJF said:

I think Tavernier will find himself in a difficult situation now. If he does make a gesture then it’ll just be written off as a token gesture because Brown done it. If he doesn’t make a gesture, then he will be criticised for not doing anything.

Those in the media have already started to speculate and make it a thing when it really doesn’t need to be.

Further to this, we have the BBC going with this question. They know exactly what they are doing and it does absolutely nothing to help the matter, it just stokes the flames even more. Arseholes.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Further to this, we have the BBC going with this question. They know exactly what they are doing and it does absolutely nothing to help the matter, it just stokes the flames even more. Arseholes.

You can see by the comments that they have just gone for the whataboutery clicks. I presume Tavernier's Japanese  isn’t all that great and possibly Kyogo isn’t even aware of the the Kamara incident or indeed Scott Brown’s reaction to it.  This could be quite toe curling.

Edited by gannonball

30 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

That’s incredible, comparing that to open racism. #SistersPantsMatter

Mark Walters must’ve been busy. 

He was asked about the Kyogo incident and his reply was along the lines of “what about me? I went to Celtic Park and they sang about my sister, it’s bad but some fans need to look at themselves”

He was then asked how Kyogo deals with it and replied with “i mean it’s not me i worry about, it’s my sister and nephews i worry about when they hear what is sung about me”

17 minutes ago, AJF said:

If Tavernier wants to do something i’m sure he will and it will because he wants to not because he feels obliged to, we all know how vocal he has been in the past about racism.

if a gesture is to be made it would be better served as a show of unity and solidarity with the players and managers all standing together prior to the game starting. 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He was then asked how Kyogo deals with it and replied with “i mean it’s not me i worry about, it’s my sister and nephews i worry about when they hear what is sung about me”

Did they ask how his sister and newphews felt when his brother was arrested for sectarian singing? 

Edited by Drew Brees

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If Tavernier wants to do something i’m sure he will and it will because he wants to not because he feels obliged to, we all know how vocal he has been in the past about racism.

if a gesture is to be made it would be better served as a show of unity and solidarity with the players and managers all standing together prior to the game starting. 

You’re quite correct, my gripe is more to do with the fact that the media are now putting him in a lose-lose situation. By asking the question and saying “Scott Brown done it” already will have some people dismissing it as a token gesture if he does something.

And also by asking the question, they’ve put a target on his back if he doesn’t make a gesture.

4 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
Did they ask how his sister and newphews felt when his brother was arrested for sectarian singing? 

Luckily Celtic don't have anyone on their payroll who has been arrested for singing racist songs.

Are you suggesting I’ve no right to comment on the scumbags in our society because Celtic made the mistake of employing one??

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:
Are you suggesting I’ve no right to comment on the scumbags in our society because Celtic made the mistake of employing one??

Not at all, I'm just concerned you will break that glass house of yours

I presume by that you think I must be guilty of some form of racism/sectarianism , or is it guilty by association???