The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

STV and BBC reporting it's a short term consultancy role and he will be remaining at Dundee. 

https://news.stv.tv/sport/gordon-strachan-to-return-to-celtic-in-consultancy-role

Look out for him saying that he can’t work at two clubs and he’ll be leaving Dundee, within the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

WGS back at Celtic as a Senior Advisor, thoughts on this one?

Great, let’s get some fucking dinosaur who blamed genetics for his failures with Scotland to oversee our youth set up.
And a man that said if Adam Johnson came back playing football and got abuse off fans it should be treated the same as racist abuse, I’m sure he’s been binned by Sky cause of it  

This jobs for the boys pish has really got to stop. 

Edited by Drew Brees

That’s it confirmed

Celtic Football Club is delighted today to announce that Gordon Strachan will be joining the Club on a 3-month consultancy project.

Gordon will spend his time looking at our activities within our Football Academy, our Women’s Team and newly established B Team, with a view to providing recommendations to Chief Executive Dom McKay on how we can develop these areas further, feeding into wider work ongoing across the Club.  

Under Chris McCart, Our Football Academy continues to operate really well as it has done for a number of years, delivering quality players who have ultimately contributed so much to the Celtic First Team.  Currently, the first team squad features players such as Callum McGregor, James Forrest, Stephen Welsh and Mikey Johnston who have all come through the ranks.  

Likewise, our women’s team goes from strength to strength, achieving Champions League status for the first time this year, under the fantastic stewardship of Fran Alonso and our B Team looks towards a bright future. 

Celtic Chief Executive Dom McKay commented: “Like all high performance environments we never stand still and always seek development and improvement and I look forward to working with Gordon over the next three months, utilising the extensive expertise and knowledge he has to the benefit of the club. 

“Gordon brings with him a wealth of experience in the areas of football development, from both his previous time here at Celtic and from the many roles he has held within Football, including as our National Team Manager." 

“Gordon achieved great things for Celtic as our Manager.  It goes without saying that he has a really close connection to Celtic and of course a tremendous affection for the Club."  

Gordon Strachan added: “I am really looking forward to returning to the Club to assist in these areas.  The development of young players and seeing them improve and grow is a real passion for me and I will do anything I can to support the Club in these areas.

“Great people at Celtic always do great work.  I look forward to building on this work, liaising with Dom and all our Celtic colleagues once again and hope we can work together for the benefit of the Club and these teams so they ultimately can develop further and bring Celtic success.  

“I also look forward to continuing my work at Dundee FC where I have established a great working relationship and close bond with the Manager, Managing Director, staff and coaches.”

Reportedly winning the race to sign Thomas Henry from OH Leuven. He s a 6 foot 4 unit currently worth around 7 million seen as a potential long term replacement for Edouard. Like the look of this one as he will give us a big physical presence we have missed for number of years.