The Celtic All Seasons thread

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Hearing we may have a new right back. Fabricio Bustos from Independiente. Fee is about £5million apparently. Looks like he pretty comfortable playing as either a traditional full back or inverted

Nowhere that reliable has reported it but it seems a decent signing if it happens. I mean you canny argue with 2 Argentine caps, even if we’ve got Belshill’s answer to Zanetti at the moment

What do folk think we still need this window? Honestly feel Celtic still have a huge amount of business to do (whether we actually make the signings is another matter)

2x right-back, 1x starting left-back, 1x centre-back, 1x back-up holding mid, 1x back up attacking mid, maybe a back-up winger and a striker to replace Edouard

Worrying to see rumours really stall last couple a days but hopefully we can get Buta and Bustos in for right-back. Would defos take Ko Itakura at centre half too if that one is still happening

15 hours ago, candycelt said:

What do folk think we still need this window? Honestly feel Celtic still have a huge amount of business to do (whether we actually make the signings is another matter)

2x right-back, 1x starting left-back, 1x centre-back, 1x back-up holding mid, 1x back up attacking mid, maybe a back-up winger and a striker to replace Edouard

Worrying to see rumours really stall last couple a days but hopefully we can get Buta and Bustos in for right-back. Would defos take Ko Itakura at centre half too if that one is still happening

Not sure if we need a striker to replace Eddie on the back of today’s performance more so a striker to deputise for Kyog, but we definitely need a right back, left back another centre half and another left sided winger at a minimum

Another game also Ralston impressed so I’d be inclined to keep him as cover also.

Edited by Jinky67

32 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not sure if we need a striker to replace Eddie on the back of today’s performance more so a striker to deputise for Kyog, but we definitely need a right back, left back another centre half and another left sided winger at a minimum

Another game also Ralston impressed so I’d be inclined to keep him as cover also.

Yeah I take the striker to replace Eddy back now hahaha. Just get Nisbet in as a back-up and we’re laughing (touch wood!). Still not sure we can rely on Ralston but he played well today and also vs Midtjylland in particular. We need more than one right-back anyway - canny go through the whole season only with the Belshill Cafu, and a left-back is a must of course

2 minutes ago, candycelt said:

Yeah I take the striker to replace Eddy back now hahaha. Just get Nisbet in as a back-up and we’re laughing (touch wood!). Still not sure we can rely on Ralston but he played well today and also vs Midtjylland in particular. We need more than one right-back anyway - canny go through the whole season only with the Belshill Cafu, and a left-back is a must of course

Apparently we have agreed a deal for Bustos although nothing confirmed. I hope we have as he also looks a cracker.

Still rumours of us looking at Lovric and possible loads for either Itakura or Tangana.

Left backs Doig for me is still a good option other than that i haven’t heard of us being linked with anyone which is a position we need urgently filled imo.

Ali McCann is another we should be trying to bring in, that kid is a baller. He was superb the other night

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Apparently we have agreed a deal for Bustos although nothing confirmed. I hope we have as he also looks a cracker.

Still rumours of us looking at Lovric and possible loads for either Itakura or Tangana.

Left backs Doig for me is still a good option other than that i haven’t heard of us being linked with anyone which is a position we need urgently filled imo.

Ali McCann is another we should be trying to bring in, that kid is a baller. He was superb the other night

Doig looks like he’s defo heading down south, even talk of him going out on loan to Notts Forest from Watford or Burnley. Can’t see us signing him now unfortunately. McCann is fucking class. John Kennedy talked about interest in him at the end of last season. Would defos take that. Itakura seems to be a player who could definitely fill the gap Ajer has left, seems to have many of the same qualities. That Bustos would be decent but nowhere that reliable has reported it, Buta looks more likely and I’d defo take Lovric

think we’re sorted for jablonec and hearts next week anyways, very confident for them. Just hope we get some more bodies in before AZ Alkmaar

A surprising take from today was Turnbull’s ability to play a bit further back. Most would have thought it would take too much of his game away but it looks like we could fit Rogic and Turnbull at times in the team.  Turnbull seemed to be struggling to adjust to the new style and Rogic looked well off it before today  so good to see this potential option. Never really fancied both in the team before.

Edited by gannonball

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A surprising take from today was Turnbull’s ability to play a bit further back. Most would have thought it would take too much of his game away but it looks like we could fit Rogic and Turnbull at times in the team.  Turnbull seemed to be struggling to adjust to the new style and Rogic looked well off it before today  so good to see this potential option. Never really fancied both in the team before.

He also seemed to comfortably last the 90 mins though which he seems not to do when playing more advanced, his range of passing is another level though.

Christie also when he moved inside when Rogic went off. His pass from the position for Kyogos 3rd was sublime. Him playing like this and motivated is like a new signing if and that’s a big if he decides to stay

Edited by Jinky67

19 hours ago, gannonball said:

Turnbull basically played as an #8 for us, it's his natural position (IMO). Tbh, I've been confused as to why Celtic seem to have been trying to turn him into a #10.

It really shouldn't be a surprise that he'd look more comfortable playing further back.

Scottish Government has put out a consultation to give police additional stop and search powers over the use of pyros

They want the police to have the ability to search any fan without reasonable suspicion 

Edit: From the consultation 

This would allow the police to stop and search for the possession of pyrotechnic articles in public places and to intercept pyrotechnic devices before the person carrying them is shown to be at least attempting to gain access to a venue.  Stop and search powers are generally based on reasonable suspicion of committing an offence, and it is suggested that the power here might be linked to a new offence of having a pyrotechnic article in a public place without reasonable excuse and/or lawful authority.

Edited by Clown Job

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Turnbull basically played as an #8 for us, it's his natural position (IMO). Tbh, I've been confused as to why Celtic seem to have been trying to turn him into a #10.

It really shouldn't be a surprise that he'd look more comfortable playing further back.

Dare I say he was even further back than an 8 yesterday when interchanging with Mcgregor which could be very hard to mark out for teams. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Dare I say he was even further back than an 8 yesterday when interchanging with Mcgregor which could be very hard to mark out for teams. 

Aye, I didn't see your game yesterday other than the highlights. I was just going by the tweets that were thrown up when I did a 'Motherwell' search earlier today.

I've no opinion on yer man's analysis but I'm assuming the heatmaps are accurate.

Tbh, there seemed to be a lot of chat last season about him being a successor to Christie or Rogic, I've honestly never seen that. Based on watching him through our 20s and into our first team he's always looked to be far closer to a McGregor type.

29 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

WGS back at Celtic as a Senior Advisor, thoughts on this one?

The guy is an absolute moonhowler whose views on Scottish football are weird to say the least.

Senior Advisor sounds like a total job for the bhoys (see what I did there). But if it means I dont have to listen to his shite punditry I for one am all for it.

Edit: just read it actually looks like quite a critical role in player development and coaching. Christ. With my national team hat on, WGS being in any way responsible for developing one of the countries better youth development programmes gives me the fear. Pap him in a retirement home somewhere.

Edited by Jacky1990

48 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

The guy is an absolute moonhowler whose views on Scottish football are weird to say the least.

Senior Advisor sounds like a total job for the bhoys (see what I did there). But if it means I dont have to listen to his shite punditry I for one am all for it.

Edit: just read it actually looks like quite a critical role in player development and coaching. Christ. With my national team hat on, WGS being in any way responsible for developing one of the countries better youth development programmes gives me the fear. Pap him in a retirement home somewhere.

That was my worry as well, also puts Ange in an awkward position as having Kennedy backstabbing & Strachan jr now having a direct line to Desmond through Pater may cause him to lose focus on his real task.