The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hopefully McKay has the foresight to offer a pay as you play deal to McCarthy.

If he’s fit he’ll do well up here and for obvious reasons will appeal to a section of your support.

I read on Twitter, and could be BS, that McGregor played more mins last year than McCarthy has played in the last 5.

Could be legit, he spent his last 2 and a half seasons at Everton pretty much crocked. 

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

Of Bain & Barkas who is the more likely to be moved on by Celtic? Suspect one of Doohan & Hazard will be moved on too.

Barkas. Atleast Bain can have the occasional big game and make some big saves. Barkas has shown absolutely nothing

4 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

In 19/20 he started 16 games.  He might have been fit and just no playing much right enough.

Started 16 games maybe but did play in 35 which would be fair enough considering the lengthy time out

He played in 16 games last season

Edited by Jinky67

McCarthy should be a good signing on paper, but I'm not sure he is what Celtic needed playing style wise, especially given his injury record and no doubt upper end wages.

From memory he works hard, fairly disciplined defensively and comfortable on the ball in deeper areas. Pretty much McGregor without the goal threat. A midfield two of McGregor and McCarthy (with Turnbull in front) seems remarkably samey to me. 

8 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Thats whaf i dont get, rab douglas was a diddy, but he was celtics number one for years because MoN would rather he built a defence in front of douglas and try protect him, 

A good keeper will likely let in more goals with a shite defence in front of him, than a shite keeper would with a good defence in front of him

Soutars goal on Sunday, aye bains positioning was barkas like, but there was 2 if not 3 hearts players unmarked ready to head the ball, you could have got a bus through the celtic centre halves 

stunned.gif.b78d984a24152faf872f97d6e081e162.gif

54 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Is he ever fit?

He played 18 games last season - according to transfermrkt - was injured for 3 weeks, came back as a sub and then out the squad for 5 weeks. On the bench and a few sub appearances and 1 90 mins for the next 8 weeks then out the squad again. played most of the games in the last few games of the season.

Is it too early to call your new keeper a cŭnt?

I accept you lot are desperate for a decent keeper, and as much of a cŭnt Hart is, he's certainly very capable.

Doesn't stop him being a cŭnt though.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is it too early to call your new keeper a cŭnt?

I accept you lot are desperate for a decent keeper, and as much of a cŭnt Hart is, he's certainly very capable.

Doesn't stop him being a cŭnt though.

Capable of being a c**t.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure what signing McCarthy will bring to this Celtic team. Who has he been signed to take the place of? 

Soro Im guessing for certain games, We have also been playing Mcgregor in to the ground past few years so hoping he will take some minutes off him too.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure what signing McCarthy will bring to this Celtic team. Who has he been signed to take the place of? 

Brown is gone and Soro isn't the answer imo, at least not yet. McCarthy is solid when fit and can do a job protecting that defence and tbf we need all the help we can there.  

Edited by Jinky67

27 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Soro Im guessing for certain games, We have also been playing Mcgregor in to the ground past few years so hoping he will take some minutes off him too.

Given that Soro doesn’t appear to be rated, Brown and N’Tcham have been given free transfers and Christie wants away, will that not put even more pressure on McGregor with only McCarthy coming in ??