The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Great stuff.

Lobbing millions in the direction of a keeper when you are clearly miles behind Rangers and having to play diddies like Ralston from the start emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Thats whaf i dont get, rab douglas was a diddy, but he was celtics number one for years because MoN would rather he built a defence in front of douglas and try protect him, 

A good keeper will likely let in more goals with a shite defence in front of him, than a shite keeper would with a good defence in front of him

Soutars goal on Sunday, aye bains positioning was barkas like, but there was 2 if not 3 hearts players unmarked ready to head the ball, you could have got a bus through the celtic centre halves 

46 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Allan Russell will have us practicing long, low shots to the keepers left hand side for a week before we play them.

I suppose it’s an improvement on just hitting the target with Barkas. 

One strength to Hart is his ability to command a box and deal with crosses which is one of our very obvious weaknesses. If he’s coming then I wish him the best and hope he does well.

Edited by Jinky67

28 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I suppose it’s an improvement on just hitting the target with Barkas. 

One strength to Hart is his ability to command a box and deal with crosses which is one of our very obvious weaknesses. If he’s coming then I wish him the best and hope he does well.

What an unusual stance for a fan of a club to take over a new signing. 

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

What an unusual stance for a fan of a club to take over a new signing. 

Its unusual for a fan of a club to hope a new signing does well? Should i be joining the bandwagon on here by hoping he's utter guff?

I think there's a fair argument for Joe Hart being one of football's biggest frauds over the last decade. 

I genuinely don't think he's ever properly learned how to be a goalkeeper. You can pick any number of howlers but the one I remember is James Morrison's goal at Wembley, where he dives down in instalments and slaps it into his own net. Just appalling technique that you'd maybe expect of a professional goalkeeper every so often, but not as a habit. 

This is the 2021/22 season's chief Banter Signing and I fully approve. 

I think there's a fair argument for Joe Hart being one of football's biggest frauds over the last decade. 

This. Another player vastly over rated because he was young and English, the biggest problem is the p***k actually believed his own hype.

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

This. Another player vastly over rated because he was young and English, the biggest problem is the p***k actually believed his own hype.

Aye, thats it in a nutshell.

He clearly had loads of talent and potential when he was younger but he started to believe he was one of the world's best as soon as City started winning things, which he clearly wasnt.

Quite telling that Pep's first order of business when he became manager was to get him to f**k.

That said, he'll be better than Bain and Barkas so at least thats something. Still not better than the 38 year old they released on a free just over a year ago mind.

Funny that Celtic will now be paying £30k+ a week on goalkeepers, about £10k a week more than Rangers, yet still McGregor is comfortably better than any of Celtic's keepers including Hart.

Edited by Jacky1990

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Head and Shoulders above anything we have. 

Aye, probably a close run thing between him and Claudia Winkleman, but on balance, if I was forced to select someone to be a goalkeeper from the choice of these 2 shampoo advertisers, Hart would possibly just shade it. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Aye, thats it in a nutshell.
He clearly had loads of talent and potential when he was younger but he started to believe he was one of the world's best as soon as City started winning things, which he clearly wasnt.
Quite telling that Pep's first order of business when he became manager was to get him to f**k.
That said, he'll be better than Bain and Barkas so at least thats something. Still not better than the 38 year old they released on a free just over a year ago mind.
Funny that Celtic will now be paying £30k+ a week on goalkeepers, about £10k a week more than Rangers, yet still McGregor is comfortably better than any of Celtic's keepers including Hart.
Aye. I would argue that Dundee United also have a goalkeeper who is currently better than anyone at Celtic. And we are shit.

28 minutes ago, AJF said:

Couple of good signings on the face of it as they will improve that Celtic team. The obvious issue seems to be McCarthy getting a 4 year deal with his injury history.

I imagine he will have wanted the longer deal due to the fact he will be taking a significant reduction on his wage as he was on something like 55k per week at Palace, same probably applies to Hart which in that respect possibly bodes well that they are both coming to Celtic to do well rather than line their pockets.

If McCarthy is fit he's a massive upgrade on Soro 

Edited by Jinky67

I'm not an overly big fan of Hart, but after watching Barkas so far and then Bain fucking up for Heart's 2nd at the weekend. I'll just take anybody at this stage.

McCarthy should be a cracking signing. Just hope he can stay on the pitch longer than the treatment table.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I imagine he will have wanted the longer deal due to the fact he will be taking a significant reduction on his wage as he was on something like 55k per week at Palace, same probably applies to Hart which in that respect possibly bodes well that they are both coming to Celtic to do well rather than line their pockets.

Is he ever fit?

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Hopefully McKay has the foresight to offer a pay as you play deal to McCarthy.

If he’s fit he’ll do well up here and for obvious reasons will appeal to a section of your support.

I read on Twitter, and could be BS, that McGregor played more mins last year than McCarthy has played in the last 5.