The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely it’s been evident for a while you’ve required a new goalkeeper mate ? I meant desperate as rather than scout properly and sign a good goalkeeper and bed them in, you decided to wait until your out of CL to sign one.

It seems very scatter-gun to me. He may do well up here but again he’ll take time to settle and given you want to win the league, he won’t have a lot of time to settle in.

Every season we wait til we’re out the CL before making required signings. 

1 minute ago, Drew Brees said:

Hart is shite. But you could tie his  shoe laces together, blindfold him, stick him in goals and he will still be better than the diddies we have. 

There are better keepers in the league. Dundee United wouldn't turn down £1m for Siegrist. Surely to god there is also someone you could get in Europe better as well. Or a loanee from a English Premier League team.

You could have had Marciano.  Yeah he was prone to the occasional howler but he wouldn’t be 15k a week.  Don’t get me wrong.  Glad you didn’t.  But Christ Celtics commitment to patter will not be topped.

Bring the Duff back.  Do it.

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

Hart is a decent shot stopper who fucks up when he is faced with concentration issues. He might get away with throwing the odd one in vs good performances in OF games & Europe.

Thankfully he definitely won't be under pressure at Celtic.

Spoiler

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Cannot believe you paid £1million for a diddy like Joe Hart when you could have got a competent keeper like Siegrist for less than that. Hart is not any better than Bain. Charlie Adam is guaranteed to try and lob him from the half way line at the weekend. 

I know that there is a huge amount of winding up going on, but given the position that Celtic are in, it seems like a very decent signing for Celtic. Vast improvement on where they are with goalkeepers. (I hope I’m wrong). However, they now need to sign a back up keeper as well.

Hart isn't a reliable keeper at all. He saves the odd one he shouldn't and folk rave about his reactions, and then he completely fumbles on from 30 yards.

That's before you even get to him with the ball at his feet. He'll be expected to be a sweeper and act as the 3rd CB. He's renowned for his poor decision making, poor technique on the ball, and lack of pace. 

A shite keeper who's an awful fit for your new managers style. Crazy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hart isn't a reliable keeper at all. He saves the odd one he shouldn't and folk rave about his reactions, and then he completely fumbles on from 30 yards.

That's before you even get to him with the ball at his feet. He'll be expected to be a sweeper and act as the 3rd CB. He's renowned for his poor decision making, poor technique on the ball, and lack of pace. 

I think it’s a really strange choice by Ange. He’s told us all the style he wants to play then signed a keeper that doesn’t fit that style.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think it’s a really strange choice by Ange. He’s told us all the style he wants to play then signed a keeper that doesn’t fit that style.

Its clearly not his choice.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

He’s also a complete arse, according to Jon Ronson, who hardly has a bad word to say about anyone.