The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

Signs one year deal. 

Like a new signing. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

That went well.

I honestly don’t know how bad you’d need to be to be let go by celtic.

We even tried to give Brown a new contract. 

says all you need to know about our coming season. 😕

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Like a new signing. 

Don't say that.

We're massively talking up the fact you offered him a new deal.

34 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Like a new signing. 

It’s a bit early for knicker wetting. Ange obviously sees something in Griffiths and Ralston so give him a chance.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s a bit early for knicker wetting. Ange obviously sees something in Griffiths and Ralston so give him a chance.

Must’ve been watching the 2015/16 DVD’s 

Pretty stunned to be honest,

I can't believe he has been rewarded with another contact, he's done very little in the last 4 odd years to deserve it. 

You'll hear the arguments about how he's a "natural goal scorer" and on his day he's the best in the country etc...etc...

Reality is, You need a lot more than just natural talent, and his days are few and far between.

Plus he has a fitness issue for what seems like years now..

People still think of him as some daft wee boy who given the chance will prove the haters wrong, when he's almost 31 who isn't exactly a role model when it comes to being a professional  

Im not against this tbh. If we had activated the one year deal I would be against it as it would have continued his decent wage. He will be on lesser terms now and Eddie will almost certainly be away so makes sense to have him about until we find someone else  and they settle.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Im not against this tbh. If we had activated the one year deal I would be against it as it would have continued his decent wage. He will be on lesser terms now and Eddie will almost certainly be away so makes sense to have him about until we find someone else  and they settle.

Screenshot_20210701-120844_Twitter.thumb.jpg.16e9388b1f30e0fa262bc3d670d4a3f9.jpg

Surely one year contract extension means the same money? 

18 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Screenshot_20210701-120844_Twitter.thumb.jpg.16e9388b1f30e0fa262bc3d670d4a3f9.jpg

Surely one year contract extension means the same money? 

Not for me, an ‘agreement’ would suggest a negotiation has taken place. We wouldn’t have needed an agreement if we just chose to activate the year extension.

36 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not for me, an ‘agreement’ would suggest a negotiation has taken place. We wouldn’t have needed an agreement if we just chose to activate the year extension.

To me the agreement part is basically celtic saying "here leigh we want to activate that years extension, you good for it" and griffiths going "aye am good for it, thank f**k as the tick bill needs paid" 

Or words to that affect

And if celtic waited till he was officially out of contract before giving him a new deal essentially, then why not say they have signed leigh griffiths on a one year deal

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

To me the agreement part is basically celtic saying "here leigh we want to activate that years extension, you good for it" and griffiths going "aye am good for it, thank f**k as the tick bill needs paid" 

Or words to that affect

And if celtic waited till he was officially out of contract before giving him a new deal essentially, then why not say they have signed leigh griffiths on a one year deal

Don’t think the wording used in a Twitter announcement is heavily linked to the detail of his contractual obligations.

Griffiths isnt our future however i can see sense in keeping him around in the short term,  if Edouard goes it leaves us with just Ajeti to go into a qualifier with which doesn't inspire me with much confidence. 

Good to now see signings come in though, don't know enough about either lad we have brought in from Sheff Wed and the Vuksovic boy we are looking at looks pretty decent and if we get him thats 2 new CB's which is an area we really do need to strengthen however i would expect to see at least another 10 new faces come in 

Edited by Jinky67