The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Dear me. Have a break m8. 

Are you okay? You seem quite upset, perhaps you need to cool down as you seem rather angry. 

Take a break from here and enjoy your night m9. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure Lennon could have taken that conversation any other way. He backed Griffiths time and time again at Celtic - he spoke out against him at times too, to try and get a reaction. 

I love the little cunt but it's clear to see he just doesn't care enough. The least he could do for his employers was stay in some form of shape except rotund. 

I lean towards this but don't think Lennon goes about it in the correct manner.

Aberdeen didn't furlough the player and they were expected to keep themselves in peak condition.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I am continuously puzzled by Lennon's treatment of Griffiths. He has spoken very openly about his own mental health issues in the past, and yet on face value he seems to have shown absolutely no understanding towards Griffiths regarding the struggles he has been having. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Griffiths thrives again next season under a manager who's not a complete c**t, just like he did with Deila.

Lennon should never have been put in that position in the first place, the pressure of going for the ten was always going to be too much for him to deal with. Watching those videos it's obvious that Neil is still struggling to come to terms with last season and still isn't thinking clearly. 

It's more complex than Lennon just being a "complete c**t" and he needs a lot of time to recover. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

f**k up you stupid twerking midget. 

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Are you okay? You seem quite upset, perhaps you need to cool down as you seem rather angry. 

Take a break from here and enjoy your night m9. 

Aye, @Bairnardo is the seething one here.

You really are a disgrace to this board.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

On 11/06/2021 at 15:16, gannonball said:

Im a bit of an Ajer fan boy so Would have thrown the captaincy at him and made him highest earner with a decent release clause to stay another year but i can understand why he wants to leave to improve. Getting 8 figures for him now with a year to go is a no brainer though.

Ajer is a good player but I really doubt anyone is going to pay £10 million+ for him. Maybe a couple of years ago that would’ve been a possibility but not now.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Ajer is a good player but I really doubt anyone is going to pay £10 million+ for him. Maybe a couple of years ago that would’ve been a possibility but not now.

Think the article I was referring to had quoted that sort of figure. Personally I think it will be about 8/9 mill.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Think the article I was referring to had quoted that sort of figure. Personally I think it will be about 8/9 mill.

Aye I was thinking more of a £5-£7 million figure and even that is a bit of a stretch possibly.

Be interesting to see if he improves again with a new manager.

4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

£3.5m for Aaron Hickey. :lol:

It's not that bad a deal?

He's clearly an outstanding talent, can play 3 positions really, well, is young enough that they'll either more than recoup their money or he'll pay it off via helping them to trophies over the next decade etc.

Only poor thing about the deal is them paying more this Summer than they could've last, but thats Celtic these days for you.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only poor thing about the deal is them paying more this Summer than they could've last

They're trying to pay double than what he was available for last summer. That's why it's funny. 

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

They're trying to pay double than what he was available for last summer. That's why it's funny. 

Fair enough, sums them up tbh.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

This mess is going to cost more to put right than it would have last season if we had done our recruitment properly.

It is what it is

On 24/06/2021 at 11:03, craigkillie said:

I am continuously puzzled by Lennon's treatment of Griffiths. He has spoken very openly about his own mental health issues in the past, and yet on face value he seems to have shown absolutely no understanding towards Griffiths regarding the struggles he has been having. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Griffiths thrives again next season under a manager who's not a complete c**t, just like he did with Deila.

Agreed.  Unless, of course, it simply was a case of Griffiths being a lazy arse, in which case Lennon’s quite right.  There’s something that doesn’t sit right about it, especially as Lennon has been so open about his depression issues.  The fact is though, most everything that’s in the public domain about Griffiths is pure conjecture.   

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Ange sounding good in todays press conference

he did that, answered questions very well and i did like when he said playing style, attractive football etc were all just words on a page and he's just conscious that results matter

On 24/06/2021 at 14:31, Sortmeout said:

Apparently we have just knocked back 2 bids of £10 million from Leverkusen and Norwich

Personally i'd have taken that money and ran considering