The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 16/06/2021 at 11:54, Jinky67 said:

Drew FC Midjtylland which is the best draw we could have hoped for. 

First legs 20/21st of July so a lot of work to do if we have to have any hope of getting through

It's just a pity we will draw one of the other 4 you missed out on. You definitely got the easiest tie.

Edited by tree house tam

Evening "bhoys' and nice to meet all of you! Now this may seem randon but me as an East Fife fan has just herd rumours that our current gaffer Darren. young could be on his way to you as some form of back room office staff roll. Some are saying assistant manager. any truth to this?

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:
So sad to hear this, such a horrible disease and to happen to not just one of great Celtic players and personalities but of Scottish football.

Sorry to hear this. Awful illness and he always came across as a really good guy.

Love the man. He typifies everything that’s good about Celtic, a brilliant storyteller who just makes you smile

9 minutes ago, BlackandGauld said:

Evening "bhoys' and nice to meet all of you! Now this may seem randon but me as an East Fife fan has just herd rumours that our current gaffer Darren. young could be on his way to you as some form of back room office staff roll. Some are saying assistant manager. any truth to this?

New one to me, it’s been suggested Kennedy and Strachan will be staying on

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

New one to me, it’s been suggested Kennedy and Strachan will be staying on

I have to say if you do get Darren Young (I know he reads these forums), treat him right, Darren will really complement a mix of attacking football with vibrant defending and flair play.

Neil Lennon going all in on the Euro Breakfast Show. First claiming that the social distancing rules for travel were changed only for Celtic after Dubai (they weren't) and also sticking the boot into Leigh Griffiths:

Edited by AJF

I am continuously puzzled by Lennon's treatment of Griffiths. He has spoken very openly about his own mental health issues in the past, and yet on face value he seems to have shown absolutely no understanding towards Griffiths regarding the struggles he has been having. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Griffiths thrives again next season under a manager who's not a complete c**t, just like he did with Deila.

Edited by craigkillie

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I am continuously puzzled by Lennon's treatment of Griffiths. He has spoken very openly about his own mental health issues in the past, and yet on face value he seems to have shown absolutely no understanding towards Griffiths regarding the struggles he has been having. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Griffiths thrives again next season under a manager who's not a complete c**t, just like he did with Deila.

Yep, I thought similarly and I’m surprised Lennon has been so open in his criticism, or at least wasn’t more diplomatic about it.

I'm not sure Lennon could have taken that conversation any other way. He backed Griffiths time and time again at Celtic - he spoke out against him at times too, to try and get a reaction. 

I love the little cunt but it's clear to see he just doesn't care enough. The least he could do for his employers was stay in some form of shape except rotund. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure Lennon could have taken that conversation any other way. He backed Griffiths time and time again at Celtic - he spoke out against him at times too, to try and get a reaction. 

I love the little cunt but it's clear to see he just doesn't care enough. The least he could do for his employers was stay in some form of shape except rotund. 

I don't think it could've went another way, I'm just surprised how scathing he was and wasn't less diplomatic about it. Saying he was a stone overweight, he wasn't good enough to get picked, he tried to make out that it was alright and he never proved anyone wrong. It's just surprising to see someone so open about it rather than fob off the question a bit.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's just surprising to see someone so open about it rather than fob off the question a bit.

I think it's refreshing to see. The players behaviour played a significant part in him losing his job. Call them out for it. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I think it's refreshing to see. The players behaviour played a significant part in him losing his job. Call them out for it. 

What is it realistically going to achieve though? Lennon will just be accused of laying the blame on someone else and Griffiths has been publicly shamed. There isn't really any winners here.