The Celtic All Seasons thread

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve tried to stay away from comments like this but I feel like I have to bite... celebrating the fact that someone lost their hand is pretty shitty behaviour IMO.

The same guy also wet his knickers when I made a joke about celtc fans demanding condemnation on the day that PL's house was petrol bombed. 

About 5 or 6 posts saying I needed help because of my apparant lack of empathy. When it was explained to him the joke wasn't a dig at PL which other celtc fans agreed with he just didn't respond. At least remain consistent. I also raised the issue of the hand incident and how I don't find it amusing nor would I someone making fun of PLs house getting petrol bombed and he just did mental gymnastics trying to explain how empathy doesn't come in to play if someone's injury is self inflicted which was amusing to say the least. 

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I thought so, may well see an announcement on Monday then.

They’re running out of Monday’s before the CL Qualifier draw;

Tomorrow

Closed for bank holiday

7th

14th - With the draw on the 16th.

More than a few squad members away on international duty as well. Would be odd for them to know who they’re playing but not who’s in the dugout.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’ve tried to stay away from comments like this but I feel like I have to bite... celebrating the fact that someone lost their hand is pretty shitty behaviour IMO.

You're taught in primary school not to play with pyrotechnics.

I've no sympathy for that arsehole. Fortunately it was just his own hand he destroyed.

56 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

The same guy also wet his knickers when I made a joke about celtc fans demanding condemnation on the day that PL's house was petrol bombed. 

About 5 or 6 posts saying I needed help because of my apparant lack of empathy. When it was explained to him the joke wasn't a dig at PL which other celtc fans agreed with he just didn't respond. At least remain consistent. I also raised the issue of the hand incident and how I don't find it amusing nor would I someone making fun of PLs house getting petrol bombed and he just did mental gymnastics trying to explain how empathy doesn't come in to play if someone's injury is self inflicted which was amusing to say the least. 

We are talking about someone wielding a dangerous pyrotechnic in public, pished up in place he shouldn’t have been in the first place because his desire to celebrate in midst of pandemic was more important to him than the health of those around him.

So yes I have zero sympathy for that and it’s a very very different circumstance from someone trying to petrol bomb your house. 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We are talking about someone wielding a dangerous pyrotechnic in public, pished up in place he shouldn’t have been in the first place because his desire to celebrate in midst of pandemic was more important to him than the health of those around him.

So yes I have zero sympathy for that and it’s a very very different circumstance from someone trying to petrol bomb your house. 

It is very different. I have empathy for the guy that lost his hand and I also have empathy for PL so it was bizarre for you to try and say I have a problem with empathy... 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Pretty shitty behaviour anyone justifying fans breaking restrictions to party with no disregard for the health of anyone else especially if you are doing so wielding pyrotechnics, off your tits in the middle of a crowd.

He’s lucky he only hurt himself. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Pretty shitty behaviour anyone justifying fans breaking restrictions to party with no disregard for the health of anyone else especially if you are doing so wielding pyrotechnics, off your tits in the middle of a crowd.

He was maybe practicising for the main event...

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

It is very different. I have empathy for the guy that lost his hand and I also have empathy for PL so it was bizarre for you to try and say I have a problem with empathy... 

It seemed the consensus was that you had a problem, we all can’t be wrong can we? 

53 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

I thought so, may well see an announcement on Monday then.

Not sure if will be as early as tomorrow however I would definitely expect it by end of the week. If not then there are some questions to be asked 

Just now, Jinky67 said:

Not sure if will be as early as tomorrow however I would definitely expect it by end of the week. If not then there are some questions to be asked 

If it doesn't happen early then it seems ludicrous unless they are waiting for a payroll date to pass, would be mental though given how much work there is to be done. Not that we will be in the same division to worry about such things of course.

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Where have I justified fans breaking restrictions?

I’m also impressed you’ve managed to ascertain that he was “off his tits” from a brief video showing only his arm in the air.

I simply think it’s a bit shitty to be celebrating a person suffering a life changing injury.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You're taught in primary school not to play with pyrotechnics.

I've no sympathy for that arsehole. Fortunately it was just his own hand he destroyed.

I think there’s a difference between having no sympathy with someone and outright celebrating the fact that it happened.

He was holding a smoke bomb, hardly the crime of the century and he has suffered a life changing injury. You don’t have to be seen to be supporting their actions to have sympathy for them suffering what ultimately was an unfortunate accident.

Edited by AJF

Just now, AJF said:

I think there’s a difference between having no sympathy with someone and outright celebrating the fact that it happened.

He was holding a smoke bomb, hardly the crime of the century and he has suffered a life changing injury. You don’t have to be seen to supporting their actions to have sympathy for them suffering what ultimately was an unfortunate accident.

As I said I couldn't care less. Perhaps others will see this and not do it in future do there's a positive.

When you won the league there was plenty videos of idiots in your support holding fireworks, shitting themselves when the sparks hit their hands and waving it wildly whilst fellow fans are running around trying to ensure they're not in the line of fire.

Hope the next idiot who does it suffers the same fate and I couldn't care less who they support.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

He was holding a smoke bomb, hardly the crime of the century and he has suffered a life changing injury. You don’t have to be seen to be supporting their actions to have sympathy for them suffering what ultimately was an unfortunate accident.

I wouldn’t say poking fun is outright celebrating however you are entitled to your opinion.

And it doesn’t matter if it’s the crime of the century or not it’s still a crime which could have seriously hurt people around him however there seems to be very little regard for that fact and more outrage at the fact people (me) are joking at the stupidly of it. 

So aye I have f**k all sympathy for behaviour like this which in the past has also hurt children, people don’t seem to learn so shouldn’t expect sympathy when their actions blow up in their face, no pun intended.