The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Obviously he is most likely going to be joining a Premiership club, but he has been really impressed with the way Celtic have conducted themselves in the past 12 months or so. He is reluctant to join West Ham, Spurs look like a probable move with the news on Kane. 

He is desperate to play international football, for England or Jamaica, so he knows he needs to be playing first team football. 

I doubt he will make the move up North, but thought it was worth posting. I think after this season especially there is obviously this impression that Celtic are a complete basket case, but from what I've been told, they have acted incredibly well towards the lad. To the point the club sent him some piece of Celtic memorabilia when he broke the Championship goal scoring record the other week.  

Its certainly an unusual thing for us to do, certainly makes me wonder why however if we have an opportunity to grab someone of that quality then we have to break bank especially if its also working in the players interest by giving him first team football.

If Kane goes it keeps Toney in London and obviously they will pay him top dollar, suppose the only question about that i is anyone in the current climate willing to pay the ridiculous sum Daniel Levy would ask for Kane?

Either way i was completely unaware of this so thanks. Will keep my eye on this one for sure 

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

You are still in touch with Ivan Toney. Whilst it looks inevitable he will join someone like West Ham or Spurs (or possibly Arsenal), the lad only wants to move for first team football. He really likes the way Celtic have treated him over the past year or so, constantly kept in contact with him. 

As for Begovic, I am not convinced. He looked very good at Stoke, but that move to Chelsea killed him. 

Ivan Toney won’t sign for Celtic. The opportunity was there 12 months ago and Hammond and Lennon chose to spend the money on Ajeti.

Toney’s stock is really high down south at the moment and he’s only 25. He’ll be EPL bound if he chooses to leave Brentford I’m afraid.

29 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Just saying that out loud made me LOL. WTF were we thinking

Him and Klimala were absolutely baffling signings. Neither I think are bad players for this level but totally not suited for our way of playing. The same could be said for Duffy at the other end.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

This just sounds like an intern sending flowers to the 10/10 bird in their work while she is busy getting rattled in the toilets by the company director.

I was thinking it was more akin to Ross Geller sending a basket of muffins to the boy in Friends hoping to get his flat, only to find the guy was getting pinball tables and all sorts. 

Your scenario sounds better though. 

39 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Him and Klimala were absolutely baffling signings. Neither I think are bad players for this level but totally not suited for our way of playing. The same could be said for Duffy at the other end.

Its also the decision to let certain players go also. Gordon and Sinclair in particular, both could have done a proper job for us last season

Rumoured to be looking at Aaron Boupendza who is currently playing in Turkey, scored 22 in 36 for Hatyspor last season, suggestions they have knocked back 6.5 million Euros already but negotiations ongoing

Obviously similarities to Eddie in style but can also play out wide. 

Edited by Jinky67

On 20/05/2021 at 21:54, Jinky67 said:

Rumoured to be looking at Aaron Boupendza who is currently playing in Turkey, scored 22 in 36 for Hatyspor last season, suggestions they have knocked back 6.5 million Euros already but negotiations ongoing

Obviously similarities to Eddie in style *but can also play out wide. 

best skills & goals? I stopped watching after the first 3 highlight's of him were embarrassing dives.

He'll do well in Glasgow 😉

43 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Congratulations to coalition of rangers and St Johnstone who equalled our invincible season of 2016/17, great effort lads. 

Deary me.............just because there is an empty cabinet at Parkhead as well as a managers chair.

Are they both going on ebay or gumtree??

17 minutes ago, Orbix said:

So we’re 5ish hours from the end of the season proper, and about 3 months and 5 hours(ish) from the end of Celtic’s season, and there’s still no news of a manager being signed?

It’s only been about 85 days since he left and about 8 months since we knew it was the end for him,  give them time. 

37 minutes ago, Orbix said:

So we’re 5ish hours from the end of the season proper, and about 3 months and 5 hours(ish) from the end of Celtic’s season, and there’s still no news of a manager being signed?

We know who the manager is though and why he hasn’t been “signed” officially.

No dramas 

4 hours ago, Orbix said:

^^^^ obviously shiting himself imo

14 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Where did your hand go....

oops sorry wrong lyrics 

I’ve tried to stay away from comments like this but I feel like I have to bite... celebrating the fact that someone lost their hand is pretty shitty behaviour IMO.