The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How do you know this ? Interestingly it’s 3 of the players who are unlikely to ever get an opportunity to move to a better league.

MacGregor has had the opportunity .

Rodgers is a fan

Reports that you are obsessed with [mention=36489]bennett[/mention] and [mention=46541]8MileBU[/mention].

Updates when I get them.

No bother scoop. But calling your flying monkeys won't make you look any less of a pie.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reports that Ajer and Ntcham’s representatives have asked the club for valuations with a view to transferring them.

No surprises there and to be fair I wouldn't be too upset to see either go at this stage.

Ntcham has something about him however Lennon tries to play him as a 10 and his natural tendency seems to want to come deep. Ajer is a midfielder we have tried to mould into a defender, it isn't his natural position so no surprises he doesn't always look comfortable which is a shame because I do remember him looking a decent prospect when coming up.

But if they aren't happy then they need to go, we cannot afford passengers which is why it goes beyond my comprehension as to why either of them were on the pitch last night. 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No surprises there and to be fair I wouldn't be too upset to see either go at this stage.

Ntcham has something about him however Lennon tries to play him as a 10 and his natural tendency seems to want to come deep. Ajer is a midfielder we have tried to mould into a defender, it isn't his natural position so no surprises he doesn't always look comfortable which is a shame because I do remember him looking a decent prospect when coming up.

But if they aren't happy then they need to go, we cannot afford passengers which is why it goes beyond my comprehension as to why either of them were on the pitch last night. 

You clearly did not get the memo, dissent will not be tolerated. Thank you for your refreshing honesty.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Reports that Ajer and Ntcham’s representatives have asked the club for valuations with a view to transferring them.

Using the Celtic valuation method as applied to SPFL players then it's 250k apiece, payable in installments, presumably?

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you are saying Lennon was right?

Right about what exactly? Playing 2 players in a crucial European tie who have expressed a desire to leave? No both of those players should have been left at home if that's the case. Christie goes back into his natural position and either Ajeti/Klimala play up front and Biton comes in at centre half. We weren't exactly lacking options to replace either of them

Hardly rocket science

Edited by Jinky67

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Right about what exactly? Playing 2 players in a crucial European tie who have expressed a desire to leave? No both of those players should have been left at home if that's the case. Christie goes back into his natural position and either Ajeti/Klimala play up front and Biton comes in at centre half. We weren't exactly lacking options to replace either of them

Hardly rocket science

If the story is true about players wanting to leave Lennon didn't throw any player under the bus,whether you think they should be nowhere near the team is irrelevant.
Ntcham and Ajer both played well one was unlucky not to score.

1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:

You clearly did not get the memo, dissent will not be tolerated. Thank you for your refreshing honesty.

Must have, I'm still genuinely fuming. We have had our fair share of Euro howlers over the years however this one has properly rubbed me the wrong way 😂

I do feel sorry for Turnbull, a big day for him getting his move and for it to happen after that sort of result.

However hes at least Scottish, he at least gets it and I've no doubt he will give us his best. Hoping he does well

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

If the story is true about players wanting to leave Lennon didn't throw any player under the bus,whether you think they should be nowhere near the team is irrelevant.
Ntcham and Ajer both played well one was unlucky not to score.

Again it concerns me that you think either played particularly well. 

And Ntcham being unlucky not to score is what is irrelevant, the fact is he didn't score and wasted a large number of other chances with wayward shots at goal. 

We obviously have very differing opinions on what we consider an acceptable level of performance. 

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

And Ntcham being unlucky not to score is what is irrelevant, the fact is he didn't score and wasted a large number of other chances with wayward shots at goal. 

So you are putting that down to his desire to leave the club if true?
So now you're saying Brown was wrong?

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you are putting that down to his desire to leave the club if true?
So now you're saying Brown was wrong?

Neil Lennon questioned the commitment of the players who want to leave. If Ntcham and Ajer are part of that group why were they playing if their commitment is in doubt? There are other players that are looking for and deserving of that opportunity who are more than capable of doing a job

Brown wrong? I haven’t mentioned Brown

Edited by Jinky67