The Celtic All Seasons thread

We don't need the CL dosh to win the league, our signing policy is clear to everyone, the loyalty of the players and the club is clear after Tierney left. Players come and go yet we win every domestic trophy available,Lennon can't win with you the minute we lose a game, Celtic can't improve on perfection. 

Domestically I don’t think anyone would be asking for improvement (recency bias of the last two games aside) as it has been perfection since 2016.

But Europe wise the last 3 seasons it’s been nothing of the sort. Although this wasn’t under Lennon, the AEK tie was a poor home performance and then Boyata throwing the towel for the away leg, with the first goal we conceded over there being an absolute f**k up if I remember right with about 6/7 players in the box unable to pick up two men.

Cluj last year we sign a LB but Lennon leaves him on the bench and shoehorns McGregor in there, that lead to their first goal - and we know how that night ended.

Last night is almost identical to last season - £8 million worth of strikers on the bench and Lennon shoves Christie up front instead. Again we know how it ends.

The facts are Lennon’s not learnt, or doesn’t want to learn, from his previous European mistakes.

And on the point of not needing the CL money to win the league, entirely correct. But we do need it to keep our best players. Now we’re out of the CL I won’t be surprised at all to see Edouard sold to make up the £25/30 million shortfall of not making the groups. Happened last year with Tierney, year before with Dembele etc. Take Edouard out this team and I think the league will become a struggle this season, Lennon clearly doesn’t fancy Klimala and Griffiths is done now.

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not being in Europe has a direct impact on the players we retain. Going out last night will have a direct impact on Edouard staying at Celtic which has a very real impact on our ability to win the league.....fact. If you cant or refuse to see that then I guess you rely on blind faith.

Whether we get 30 million from the CL or 15 million from the Europa or 20 million from selling players the club and the business model has been successful.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

How do you know this ? Interestingly it’s 3 of the players who are unlikely to ever get an opportunity to move to a better league.

I know family of Christie.  Yes agreed, it's the 3 who are probably happy to win 40 league titles each as if it was some kind of achievement.  They think Celtic are the be all and end all.

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Whether we get 30 million from the CL or 15 million from the Europa or 20 million from selling players the club and the business model has been successful.

and you are happy with that? To continue developing players to be sold on? Struggling to compete in Europe so long as we win the league?

Edited by Jinky67

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We don't need the CL dosh to win the league, our signing policy is clear to everyone, the loyalty of the players and the club is clear after Tierney left.
Players come and go yet we win every domestic trophy available,Lennon can't win with you the minute we lose a game, Celtic can't improve on perfection.

i’m sorry to hear that your grandma passed away I actually am like obviously i’m gonna be upset about that innit yeah but hadiqah you know the only thing is no one can force me to be your mate or anything yeah and I don’t wanna be mates with you orite

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are talking far to much sense Jinky. Klimala should have played last night but instead he picks Christie up front as he won’t drop Brown has cost him and the club. 

I get he was raging but calling out players and suggesting they leave last night was silly. That’s a private conversation.

Tbh though you are the only Celtic fan on P&B that seems bothered about getting knocked out. The rest are very accepting.

Will this force Edouard to reconsider his future ?

I am livid with it to be fair. As I had mentioned its the inability to learn from his mistakes that really annoys me and I just don't understand the "so long as we win the league" mentality. 

Our inability to make progress in Europe impacts our ability to win the league, recruit and retain better players. 

I may be a bit of a romantic but for me that's what Celtic were and should be all about. Not just doing in well in Scotland but competing in Europe

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

and you are happy with that are you? To continue developing players to be sold on? Struggling to compete in Europe so long as we win the league?

If you are willing to look at the bigger picture, in terms of Europe Celtic next season have less qualifiers to make the CL group stages why because of our success in the Europa and building the coefficient points in a lesser tournament,yes we need the other teams in Scotland to contribute but that is the reality.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If you are willing to look at the bigger picture, in terms of Europe Celtic next season have less qualifiers to make the CL group stages why because of our success in the Europa and building the coefficient points in a lesser tournament,yes we need the other teams in Scotland to contribute but that is the reality.

Celtic's coefficient points have remained largely stable for years now. They always pick up between 5-8 points, with the two exceptional years being 12/13 (16 points, a CL year) and last year. Whether they're in the CL or EL, the number of coefficient points Celtic get doesn't really change.

The major difference to the coefficient has been Rangers earning points. Having 2 clubs in group stage football instead of 1 is why Scottish teams have to play less qualifiers next year.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

You didn't answer my question

Less qualifiers to reach the Champions League doesn't really mean much when we currently aren't good enough to progress past the 2nd qualifying round. That's the here and now and that's the reality. 

We may not even reach the Europa League stages this season, we have to go through 2 other rounds of qualifying with the playoff round seeing us unseeded

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You didn't answer my question

Less qualifiers to reach the Champions League doesn't really mean much when we currently aren't good enough to progress past the 2nd qualifying round. That's the here and now and that's the reality. 

We may not even reach the Europa League stages this season, we have to go through 2 other rounds of qualifying with the playoff round seeing us unseeded

Getting rid of the qualifiers and going straight into the group stages is the aim.
If we don't get group stage European football I'll be just as livid as you. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You are talking far to much sense Jinky. Klimala should have played last night but instead he picks Christie up front as he won’t drop Brown has cost him and the club. 

I get he was raging but calling out players and suggesting they leave last night was silly. That’s a private conversation.

Tbh though you are the only Celtic fan on P&B that seems bothered about getting knocked out. The rest are very accepting.

Will this force Edouard to reconsider his future ?

Edouard is as good as gone. And Lennon is unsackable as long as they finish above sevco. It seems most of their fans don't care about Europe anymore as long as they finish above sevco. Sad times for a once big club

16 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic's coefficient points have remained largely stable for years now. They always pick up between 5-8 points, with the two exceptional years being 12/13 (16 points, a CL year) and last year. Whether they're in the CL or EL, the number of coefficient points Celtic get doesn't really change.

The major difference to the coefficient has been Rangers earning points. Having 2 clubs in group stage football instead of 1 is why Scottish teams have to play less qualifiers next year.

Coefficient points are based over 5 years we are happy with sevco's contribution over the last two seasons but the rest must do better.

13 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Edouard is as good as gone. And Lennon is unsackable as long as they finish above sevco. It seems most of their fans don't care about Europe anymore as long as they finish above sevco. Sad times for a once big club

Where is he going ?? England or France ??

I agree with you - it’s laughable to see Steamboats Willie pretending it’s good news that they are out of the CL before it’s started. 

I agree that they will never sack Lennon too.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Where is he going ?? England or France ??

I agree with you - it’s laughable to see Steamboats Willie pretending it’s good news that they are out of the CL before it’s started. 

I agree that they will never sack Lennon too.

If hes going I would imagine it will be England. I'm still clinging to some hope we can convince him to give us one more season despite last nights outburst.

If he does go I hope we at least hold out for the right money instead of accepting a low ball offer now we are out of the CL

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

This touches on what I referred to earlier. Celtic's trajectory is clear. Some of the details are absolutely incredible.

Aye, no surprise to hear Scott Brown tried to bully younger players into playing, even when unfit. 

Its also being reported that most of the Celtic squad have hired their own personal coaches, and have their own sessions, as what they're getting from the club is inadequate. 

"You can't improve on perfection", though. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, no surprise to hear Scott Brown tried to bully younger players into playing, even when unfit. 

Its also being reported that most of the Celtic squad have hired their own personal coaches, and have their own sessions, as what they're getting from the club is inadequate. 

"You can't improve on perfection", though. 

I'd completely missed the Tierney story. If it's true that they gave him so many injections that he played a game in the same day when he couldn't get out of bed, it's an extraordinary detail.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I'd completely missed the Tierney story. If it's true that they gave him so many injections that he played a game in the same day when he couldn't get out of bed, it's an extraordinary detail.

That's why it really fucks me off to hear some "Celtic" fans turn on the kid.

What that boy put himself through for the team was ridiculous and also very unnecessary yet some have the audacity to call him a rat, judas etc. He gave us all he had until it quite literally broke him.