The Celtic All Seasons thread

Am I just imaging things, or was a constant inability to get past very beatable opposition in Europe very high on the list of reasons that Lennon left Celtic the first time round?  Genuine comment: I could have sworn this was one of the reasons most Celtic fans thought his time was up, and I’m surprised anyone is surprised it’s happening again.
Ah but then Lennon flunked everywhere else and didnt get a big job so realised that mediocrity, with a number of trophies along the way, is just fine.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Increasingly creepy behaviour towards me. I might have make you the first person I block to "improve my forum experience".

Lennon won't be going anywhere for the time being. As long a the **** keep hold of slippy g and their team of serial bottle merchants we should be fine.

Does this mean Celtic are content with being a big fish in a small pond and will accept serial underachieving in European competition?

I personally cannot wait to see Edouard being called a traitor, and not a true Sellik man as he has walked away on the historic 10IAR. 

Lennon will deliver the league, I see a lot of people saying that they will struggle this year, but I can't see it. As long as he completes a domestic treble, or even double, it will be enough to keep him in a job. 

Fully expect to see "that loss to Ferencvaros galvanised us, it spurred us on for the rest of the season" at the end of the year, before being knocked out of next years Champions League by a side of similar stature. 

I personally cannot wait to see Edouard being called a traitor, and not a true Sellik man as he has walked away on the historic 10IAR. 
Lennon will deliver the league, I see a lot of people saying that they will struggle this year, but I can't see it. As long as he completes a domestic treble, or even double, it will be enough to keep him in a job. 
Fully expect to see "that loss to Ferencvaros galvanised us, it spurred us on for the rest of the season" at the end of the year, before being knocked out of next years Champions League by a side of similar stature. 
You are probably right, but I have looked and am disappointed to see only 6/4 available for the **** to win it this season. Better odds would have been worth a few quid. The stars might just be lining up for a hilarious implosion.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Does this mean Celtic are content with being a big fish in a small pond and will accept serial underachieving in European competition?

So you think Celtic have "underachieved" already this year?

Your response would mean that managers must be sacked any year they underachieve in Europe?

I do not subscribe to the "we are so good we deserve to be in the CL" thinking either.

Given the squads that Celtic and the **** have, doing reasonably well in the europa is both teams level. But it's heartening to see diddy fans and yourself thinking that if Celtic aren't in the CL we have underachieved.

Edited by Romeo

Increasingly creepy behaviour towards me. I might have make you the first person I block to "improve my forum experience".
Lennon won't be going anywhere for the time being. As long a the **** keep hold of slippy g and their team of serial bottle merchants we should be fine.
Calling any team bottle merchants after last night is a bit ironic.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Your response would mean that managers must be sacked any year they underachieve in Europe?

I do not subscribe to the "we are so good we deserve to be in the CL" thinking either.

Given the squads that Celtic and the **** have, doing reasonably well in the europa is both teams level. But it's heartening to see diddy fans and yourself thinking that if Celtic aren't in the CL we have underachieved.

Celtic got knocked out by a team from the 1950's. Yes, they've underachieved.

8 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Well they've certainly not met their fans expectations thus far, have they?

I'd say failing to qualify for the Champions League 3 years on the trot given you have been put out each year by teams with a fraction of your budget would be considered as underachieving. Lennon has been manager for two of those embarrassing exits.

If the squad does not perform relatively to the budget the club has, surely that lies with the manager?

If my team had just won 8 and a bit league titles on the bounce and had the budget that Celtic has, I'd consider this underachieving.

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:
2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Calling any team bottle merchants after last night is a bit ironic.

Back to the championship forum diddy.

4 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic got knocked out by a team from the 1950's. Yes, they've underachieved.

As I said, it seems the followers of Sevco think Celtic are a CL club. Glad we didn't get knocked out by a team from 2012 though.

Please put a bit more though into your trolling.

C-

Just now, Romeo said:

Back to the championship forum diddy.

As I said, it seems the followers of Sevco think Celtic are a CL club. Glad we didn't get knocked out by a team from 2012 though.

Please put a bit more though into your trolling.

C-

You can spin it any way you like, losing knockout qualifiers to the likes of Cluj, Ferencvaros, AEK Athens etc. is an underachievement for a team that spends upwards of £50m on player wages.

If Celtic fans want to continue to focus on Rangers, that's fine by me. But the trajectories of the two sides are very clear now. One has a football department that uses data to inform targeted recruitment. One uses the contacts of their CEO to get deals from Man City and mostly buys from favoured agents.

10 minutes ago, Romeo said:

We may not be CL level but we are better than that.

Its not about the underachieving its about the manner of it. Tactically it was abhorrent, he has learned absolutely nothing from Cluj and Copenhagen and playing without a recognised striker evidenced that. To then say they were not match fit was unacceptable, they aren't match fit as he isn't giving them enough game time. 

Klimalas confidence must be as low as it can get, here is a player Lennon bought but doesn't trust him as a striker ahead of Ryan Christie. 

Furthermore his outburst last night was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see a rangers fan rates Celtic highly.

It is isn't it?

Sad to see a team "using football data" win absolutely nothing, what a success story.

Edited by Romeo

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see a rangers fan rates Celtic highly.

Do you have to rate Celtic highly to expect them to comfortably dispatch a team that couldn't even organise a low block properly? Even the likes of St Mirren can do that.

Just now, G51 said:

Do you have to rate Celtic highly to expect them to comfortably dispatch a team that couldn't even organise a low block properly? Even the likes of St Mirren can do that.

Very short memories **** have, very short indeed.

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We may not be CL level but we are better than that.

Its not about the underachieving its about the manner of it. Tactically it was abhorrent, he has learned absolutely nothing from Cluj and Copenhagen and playing without a recognised striker evidenced that. To then say they were not match fit was unacceptable, they aren't match fit as he isn't giving them enough game time. 

Klimalas confidence must be as low as it can get, here is a player Lennon bought but doesn't trust him as a striker ahead of Ryan Christie. 

Furthermore his outburst last night was embarrassing. 

So you are in the "sack the manager" camp then?

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Very short memories **** have, very short indeed.

Again, if Celtic fans want to continue to deflect on to Rangers, that's absolutely fine by me. Your club will continue on the downward trajectory from the Rodgers era.

Celtic should absolutely be reaching the Playoff round of the CL qualification process as a minimum. They have a wage bill of £60m ffs