The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is that the deal for Forster 100% off ??

Doohan played for Ross county against Celtic so he could be off on loan, looks like it's Barkas,Bain and Hazard for the season ahead.
A lot of dosh for a keeper if reports are true can't see us spending any more.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Doohan played for Ross county against Celtic so he could be off on loan, looks like it's Barkas,Bain and Hazard for the season ahead.
A lot of dosh for a keeper if reports are true can't see us spending any more.

I’m sure this lad is a good goalkeeper but can’t help thinking Forster would have been an even better signing.

Knows the club, knows the country so would settle easy, relationship with defence already etc.

You will just have to trust Hammond on this one.

I’m sure this lad is a good goalkeeper but can’t help thinking Forster would have been an even better signing.
Knows the club, knows the country so would settle easy, relationship with defence already etc.

Deal apparently agreed with Southampton and Forster didn't fancy it. £70/80k a week to be 2nd or 3rd choice in England or half of that (probably less) to come here permanently. I'd have loved him back but it was always going to be difficult.

This guy is only 26 so young for a keeper and already has decent experience so hopefully he'll settle in quickly.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don't think you could find any Celtic fan not wanting the wall back, the transfer fee wasn't the problem and there was no way Celtic where going to break their wage structure.
Barkas is an international goalkeeper on a permanent deal that's better than getting big Forster on loan.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don't think you could find any Celtic fan not wanting the wall back, the transfer fee wasn't the problem and there was no way Celtic where going to break their wage structure.
Barkas is an international goalkeeper on a permanent deal that's better than getting big Forster on loan.

Not if he's shite, of course.

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I don’t know anything about Barkas so can’t comment on if he’ll be better for you than Forster.

I was impressed with Forster last season though.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

According to the BBC Fletcher offered a 1 year deal with the option of another.

He'd definitely still do a job up here. That'd be a shrewd signing, especially on a free. 

And then hopefully at least one of him and Griffiths gets enough game time ahead of the Internationals. 

Can see a championship club offering better and/or longer terms than us for Fletcher. Would be happy to get him myself, we would struggle to find a more established striker content with being second fiddle.
I have no idea why Celtic fans are turning their nose up at him.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Can see a championship club offering better and/or longer terms than us for Fletcher. Would be happy to get him myself, we would struggle to find a more established striker content with being second fiddle.

A quick look and it seems hes off ta Stoke

Celtic in talks with Lyle Taylor, mere weeks after being branded hopeless by Celtic fans after he was linked with Rangers.

Sutton also came out and stated he was a traitor... I wonder if his view will soon change 🤪

Celtic in talks with Lyle Taylor, mere weeks after being branded hopeless by Celtic fans after he was linked with Rangers.
Sutton also came out and stated he was a traitor... I wonder if his view will soon change [emoji2957]
You're obsessed with Celtic mate.

Sutton also came out and stated he was a traitor... I wonder if his view will soon change 🤪

I’ll believe it when I see it. Celtic aren't telling SSN this ...... so who is ? Taylor's agent?
This type of feeding stories to a desperate media trying to raise the profile of a player on an agents books is an old trick.

Don't know about this specific case , but I've heard Lawwell state before that he reads all sorts about us being interested in players that they've never considered or heard of. This better be the case here.

Your fanbase have turned into spoiled brats in recent seasons and have become very entitled. Very similar to Rangers fans during the 90s.

Not every Celtic fan but they are very noticable on social media.

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Is he not a big Celtic fan and just wants to play for you? Already made his money?

Papers going with the story that Celtic are after Bayern number 2 - Sven Ulreich. Lennon discovered that his new keeper is a dud or something? He'd command a huge wage, need to be 1st choice and confine the new guy to being a bench sitter.

To be fair, despite being long term number 2, he was absolutely brilliant at Stuttgart and he didn't look out of place for Bayern in the 17-18 season either.

Never gonna happen, surely?

But still, get it fucking up you Scott Bain. Oh, and send Hazard our way (Not because he's good, but because Jack Hamilton).