The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

The other side of that is other teams inflating prices because - Celtic

Think about £10 million McKenna

Still, it's not as if we aren't loaded.

Dont know how true but apparently Kilmarnock told the german team that were after Taylor a price that was much much lower than how much they quoted us. I think we will get him for just over 2 million. Would rather Melling from Rosenborg but Lawwell almost certainly wont push the boat out for him given we have already spent 3 million on a left back.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Sinclair to Sunderland is gaining momentum.

Problem appears to be of the wage variety.  With recent signings plus the emergence of young players like Johnston Sinclair has fallen further down the pecking order at Celtic.  Shame because he was class for Celtic in his first couple of seasons

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Dont know how true but apparently Kilmarnock told the german team that were after Taylor a price that was much much lower than how much they quoted us. I think we will get him for just over 2 million. Would rather Melling from Rosenborg but Lawwell almost certainly wont push the boat out for him given we have already spent 3 million on a left back.

That's how it should be though. Any other Scottish team should pay a premium as it helps with their euro squad registration etc.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sinclair to Sunderland is gaining momentum.

No idea as to what's happened there given that he's not even featuring on the bench for recent games. 

I expect us to push through with the Taylor deal, other than that, I don't see anyone else signing. 

I don't really get (from what all reports are saying) why Jack Hendry seems to be so against going to Kilmarnock, certainly didnt do Kris Ajer career any harm.

Sounds like the guy has no ambition and would rather rot in the reserves doing f**k all.

Cheers for that another top class signing Rodgers :(

2 minutes ago, DavieCFC said:

I don't really get (from what all reports are saying) why Jack Hendry seems to be so against going to Kilmarnock, certainly didnt do Kris Ajer career any harm.

Sounds like the guy has no ambition and would rather rot in the reserves doing f**k all.

Cheers for that another top class signing Rodgers :(

That's quite a judgement of character based on some rumours he's not keen on a move.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

That's quite a judgement of character based on some rumours he's not keen on a move.

well its a case of, does he want to play first team football in 2019/20 or does he not. if he chooses the latter that seems pretty ambition-less if you ask me.

Just now, DavieCFC said:

well its a case of, does he want to play first team football in 2019/20 or does he not. if he chooses the latter that seems pretty ambition-less if you ask me.

Yes but you realise moving football clubs is actually quite a big life decision and doesn't just come down to whether or not he is playing more football. There's actually quite a lot of factors there.

18 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That's how it should be though. Any other Scottish team should pay a premium as it helps with their euro squad registration etc.

Our squad really isnt that big and we already have loads that meet the homegrown status so as a premium goes it wouldnt be that high.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes but you realise moving football clubs is actually quite a big life decision and doesn't just come down to whether or not he is playing more football. There's actually quite a lot of factors there.

I wouldn't class playing football for nine months, fifty minutes away from where you currently play as a 'big life decision' but you are correct about how Hendry should not be lambasted based on hearsay.