The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

I was having a read through the Twitter reaction to this earlier (I know, I know), and I saw a thread started by Matt McGlone.

What is the general view of McGlone among Celtic fans? Is he held in any kind of esteem or seen as a bit of a bampot?

I've seen his work before and it's fairly stock one-club focused stuff, but are his views seen as mainstream or is he a bit of a nutter?

I ask because he has an awful lot of followers, but he comes across like a five year-old in a playground. Celtic are ALWAYS in the right. He's obviously a man who has spent too long only engaging with people who support the same team as him. His take on the Turnbull transfer requires some bizarre mental gymnastics and this is typical of what I've seen from McGlone over the years.

So, do Celtic fans think he's a dick too?

Had a look. Guy comes across as a total moron. His defence when questioned by the more intelligent portion of the Celtic fanbase seemed to be "check the replies, most agree".

2 hours ago, Romeo said:
3 hours ago, Estragon said:
Henry, f**k up.  He's been seen in the Toryglen Asda FFS.

Signing for queen's park then ?

He was asking folk where he could get a number 90 bus.

Guest JTS98
29 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Had a look. Guy comes across as a total moron. His defence when questioned by the more intelligent portion of the Celtic fanbase seemed to be "check the replies, most agree".

He seems to do this kind of thing on every topic.

Step 1: CELTIC ARE RIGHT

Step 2: Someone calls him out on his nonsense position (often a fellow Celtic fan)

Step 3: A sarcastic implication that the questioner doesn't understand, followed by some kind of smiley face.

Like I said above, I'm familiar with him work, have been for years. It's not high-standard stuff, but I'm amazed that someone who is clearly so one-eyed and lacking in the most basic skills of analysis and objectivity is able to become such a seemingly influential voice. Perhaps it's the prominence of people like him who give us our extreme-level idiot Old Firm fans. Or at least encourage them.

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

A centre back partnership of Jullien and Ajer to SPFL attackers

None shall pass.gif

Matt Spiro is saying his weakness is his speed on the turn which left him exposed and cost a few goals last season.

Can’t imagine that will be as exposed here as it was in France as we lack in fast, intelligent strikers so I think he will do well for you although a 7m player in Scotland should stand out tbf.

Lennon basically confirming Arsenal bids aren't bullshit. I would be offering KT parity at least  with our top earner right now with a release clause for next summer to keep him happy  for one more season at least. Gives us time to source a new player and settle in. I can’t see Arsenal offering what we value him at as they seem to spend well within our means like ourselves. Their has been a lot of upheaval players and staff wise this year and selling him right now is out of the question for me.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/27/arsenal-must-pay-lot-money-celtic-sign-kieran-tierney-says-manager/

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, JTS98 said:

He seems to do this kind of thing on every topic.

Step 1: CELTIC ARE RIGHT

Step 2: Someone calls him out on his nonsense position (often a fellow Celtic fan)

Step 3: A sarcastic implication that the questioner doesn't understand, followed by some kind of smiley face.

Got to be Romeo

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What a shocking haircut he has by the way. 

Also has a very Scouse like accent for a guy claiming to be Irish lol.

23 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Hardly racist Romeo. He’s the one with issues about his nationality.

Aye, he looks like a Rhat lol.

You know your post are hilarious when you end them with "lol". 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Connell a transfer, or was he at the end of his contract?

End of contract I believe.