The Celtic All Seasons thread

Guest Moomintroll
As I've said before Celtic have done fine without McGinn winning a treble treble.
Celtic have a limit just like any other club breaking the Scottish transfer record between two clubs in Scotland wasn't on for McGinn.
Maybe it will be for McKenna.
As far as doing deals in public it's not Lawwell's style but motherwell are a fan owned club and keep them informed Celtic just did the same.
You just keep parroting the Pravda line while Uncle Peter rakes in the cash for himself.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
15 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
As I've said before Celtic have done fine without McGinn winning a treble treble.
Celtic have a limit just like any other club breaking the Scottish transfer record between two clubs in Scotland wasn't on for McGinn.
Maybe it will be for McKenna.
As far as doing deals in public it's not Lawwell's style but motherwell are a fan owned club and keep them informed Celtic just did the same.

You just keep parroting the Pravda line while Uncle Peter rakes in the cash for himself.

Why would I be annoyed with what is happening at Celtic we are having one of most successful times in our history.
Yes Celtic's wage bill is high yes Celtic's recruitment should be better,yes Celtic should be doing better in Europe.
But looking for a stick to batter Celtic over the head with is your job not mine.

The thing about Turnbull he could’ve walked in our midfield. This is a boy that scored 16 goals from the middle of the park last season and isn’t far behind the strikers. This is what Celtic needed, a bit of freshness from somebody that can run with the ball and make something happen like Rogic. Problem with Rogic he’s always injured.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Why would I be annoyed with what is happening at Celtic we are having one of most successful times in our history.
Yes Celtic's wage bill is high yes Celtic's recruitment should be better,yes Celtic should be doing better in Europe.
But looking for a stick to batter Celtic over the head with is your job not mine.

Celtic are sleep walking at the moment. IF they don't get their act together then they'll let the tribute act get closer.

3 minutes ago, SlideAway said:

The thing about Turnbull he could’ve walked in our midfield. This is a boy that scored 16 goals from the middle of the park last season and isn’t far behind the strikers. This is what Celtic needed, a bit of freshness from somebody that can run with the ball and make something happen like Rogic. Problem with Rogic he’s always injured.

Like Christie like Forrest like Sinclair scoring goals from midfield is not Celtic's problem.

Guest Moomintroll
Dont get me wrong, I am glad it isn't happening but with the fiscal advantage your team has they should be massively ahead of every other team & not just settling for boring 1 or 2 goal wins week in week out. That you are not enjoying a more comfortable procession to the various titles is down to the fact that the Poundshop Daniel Levy wants to drain your resources for his own pocket which is to your detriment in European competitions. I believe it was Kenny Dalglish who stated that Liverpool fans wanted to see every asset they had wearing a shirt, there is a prudent balance to be struck but from an outside pov, all I see is a man enriching himself while doing just enough through the players & managrment to win trophies & when the natives get restless? Oh look, ****, doing hunny things booooooo, & you fall for it every single time. This is not just my opinion, I am the oddbod in my family as everyone else supports Celtic & they are all sick of the current situation

See, until he’s actually stood at Carrow Road (or wherever) with a scarf over his head then I wouldn’t rule out him still ending up at Celtic.

Despite another public shitfit from them I’d imagine the Celtic offer still exists in some form. All I’ve seen mentioned is that they’ll look at other options and they’ve #movedon. There’s nothing that’s officially said the offer Motherwell accepted has been withdrawn.

Celtic just seem to have publicly shat it a bit when concrete interest from the EPL has come along. They also seem to have taken the huff that he/his agent weren't talking exclusively to them.

He’s consistently said he’d listen to what teams had to say and make a decision based on what makes most sense for him/his development.

Who knows, he may decide that team is Celtic.

Edited by capt_oats

38 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
54 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Dont get me wrong, I am glad it isn't happening but with the fiscal advantage your team has they should be massively ahead of every other team & not just settling for boring 1 or 2 goal wins week in week out. That you are not enjoying a more comfortable procession to the various titles is down to the fact that the Poundshop Daniel Levy wants to drain your resources for his own pocket which is to your detriment in European competitions. I believe it was Kenny Dalglish who stated that Liverpool fans wanted to see every asset they had wearing a shirt, there is a prudent balance to be struck but from an outside pov, all I see is a man enriching himself while doing just enough through the players & managrment to win trophies & when the natives get restless? Oh look, ****, doing hunny things booooooo, & you fall for it every single time. This is not just my opinion, I am the oddbod in my family as everyone else supports Celtic & they are all sick of the current situation

There is lots of things that are not an asset wearing a shirt as you put it,the infrastructure is growing plans all over the place from the disco lights to the woman's team. 
Celtic is not just about the first team,Lawwell is just a cog in a well oiled machine who cares what he makes plus the share holders with their dividends.
Winning or winning well is there a difference?
Football is a moving business it's very unpredictable nothing can be taking for granted.

13 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Looks like Nick Hammond has got the job,lots of click baits about Arsenal and Napoli wanting Tierney £25 million.

Hope for your sake he's better at that than he was at goalkeeping.

Never made a single appearance during his time at Aberdeen

CELTIC Football Club announced today that Nick Hammond will be joining Celtic on July 1 to work with the Club, initially across the summer period.

Nick is highly regarded across football having held Director of Football and Technical Director positions at Reading FC and West Bromwich Albion FC respectively.

Nick's knowledge, expertise and experience will be invaluable as he assists in the Club’s recruitment across the forthcoming period.

The Club has known Nick for some time and we are delighted that he is joining Celtic.

Hopefully Celtic Football Club's new Celtic Football Club transfer guru Nick Hammond had a hand in writing that Celtic Football Club statement about Celtic Football Club transfer target David Turnbull. 

This would be a good sign that we are entering Celtic Football Club's banter years.

Celtic Football Club

Maybe he wouldn’t walk straight in but I thought he’d be a good addition to our squad. Potentially our best midfielder in a few years if he was to hit the ground running.

Looks like we may be about to find out.