The Celtic All Seasons thread

Rumours that Boyatas out for Feb two now too.

Ajer and Simunovic for Valencia now but the latters made of chocolate and over due another 6 week injury so potentially Hendry for those games.

Efe?:unsure2:.......

Edited by gannonball

It’s a Scottish league rule that prohibits it. Which says more about our tinpot governing body than anything else. If parent club are prepared to loan a player they obviously don’t want, then said player should be free to play every fixture he’s eligible for. 

It's the modern game, and not exclusive to the Scottish league.
When we loaned Ajer out to Kilmarnock it wasn't that we didn't want him. Same with Christie.

Equally, It's frustrating that Rodgers could also be developing loanee players at Celtic for other clubs to capitalise.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Slight exaggeration on your part, it’s only been

Ntcham
Brown
Griffiths
Edouard
Kouassi
Arzani
Bitton
Tierney
Rogic
Benkovic
Boyata
Ralston
Christie
Johnston
Hayes
Ajer
Simunovic
Gordon

Oh, and Dembele was continually injured during his time here, an average amount I’d say.

How many of these serious injuries did Brendan put down to grass pitches out of interest?

25 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

It's the modern game, and not exclusive to the Scottish league.
When we loaned Ajer out to Kilmarnock it wasn't that we didn't want him. Same with Christie.

Equally, It's frustrating that Rodgers could also be developing loanee players at Celtic for other clubs to capitalise.

I dont find the latter frustrating to be honest, just accepting where we are in the chain. We got Benkovic this year who despite us having next to no chance of signing, is infinitely better than anybody he is keeping out the team. If anything others could improve by learning along side him in training and in matches. The whole loan spell is mutually benefical.

Compare that to Musonda who we thought would improve the team. It looked that he could be better than what we had but he lacked effort and was soon replaced on the bench when Johnstone was fit again. We then punted him back early rather than persevering with him we chose to do that with our own players.

The loan market is a handy tool its up to the staff at your club to use it their advantage both long and short term.

Edited by gannonball

I dont find the latter frustrating to be honest, just accepting where we are in the chain. We got Benkovic this year who despite us having next to no chance of signing, is infinitely better than anybody he is keeping out the team. If anything others could improve by learning along side him in training and in matches. The whole loan spell is mutually benefical.
Compare that to Musonda who we thought would improve the team. It looked that he could be better than what we had but he lacked effort and was soon replaced on the bench when Johnstone was fit again. We then punted him back early rather than persevering with him we chose to do that with our own players.
The loan market is a handy tool its up to the staff at your club to use it their advantage both long and short term.

Agreed. It also encourages clubs to develop homegrown talent.

Short term loan players serve a purpose. But I wouldn't want my club stacked full of them either.

Frustrating on the rare occasions in terms having invested time and effort into transitioning someone into a squad only for them to return to the parent club and leave a gap that weakens the team significantly.

20 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Agreed. It also encourages clubs to develop homegrown talent.

Short term loan players serve a purpose. But I wouldn't want my club stacked full of them either.

Frustrating on the rare occasions in terms having invested time and effort into transitioning someone into a squad only for them to return to the parent club and leave a gap that weakens the team significantly.

Then the b*****d goes and scores the cup winning goal :(

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They won’t want to develop a player that has no sell on value as already contracted to Celtic. 

The poor guy is now stuck over here as about 10th choice full back. Still you chase the money you sometimes get stung.

Could probably avoid ruining young players careers if the SFA ever actually bothered to enforce work permit rules on players they've signed.

Absolutely fucked if I know how they got them for the two Americans and this Ukranian lad.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could probably avoid ruining young players careers if the SFA ever actually bothered to enforce work permit rules on players they've signed.

Absolutely fucked if I know how they got them for the two Americans and this Ukranian lad.

Agree. Realistically what chance do Gutman, Perez and Shved have of ever being Celtic regulars ??

They should just look at the plights of Ralston, Johnston, Morgan, Miller, Aitchison. Rodgers is a manager that likes to spend big in the hope of buying an almost finished product.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Agree. Realistically what chance do Gutman, Perez and Shved have of ever being Celtic regulars ??

Zero. Scottish authorities have agreed they're "exceptional talents who can enhance the Scottish game" though.

One rule for them, another for the rest of us.