The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It's fucking absurd that Celtic fans think any manager or player not from Scotland instantly becomes 'one of us'  as soon as they pull on the hoops.  Its just a job for him, he's not a Celtic fan, he got headhunted by another club for more money.  He, or anyone, is never turning that down.

It's the same as you or I, a company contacts you to come and work for them to do the same job, same hours, for more money.  99 times out of 100 you're going to go.

“Naw because ra Sellick is pure special like, theres something aboot this club* thats pure magic an few can resist, thats why a support them from Dundee and type in this weegie accent”

Spoiler

*it definitely, definitely, definitely is not because they win most weeks and most of the trophies though, point that out and the family trees / heartwarming, Grapes of Wrath-esque internal migration stories start getting brought out.

35 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I think the majority of English fans know as much about Scottish football as we do about Welsh football.

What's there to know about Scottish football ? Only one of two clubs can ever win the league. One of those two went bust a few years ago, thus being a semi - competent manager of the other club virtually guarantees you win the title. Let's not kid anyone on that the top flight of Scottish football is anymore mysterious or difficult to fathom than that.

I would have thought Callum McGregor would be the Celtic player he'd most want to take to Spurs.

Also, I'd expect him to look at the Japanese market again, but upping the quality of player he is able to attract of course.

23 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

What's there to know about Scottish football ? Only one of two clubs can ever win the league. One of those two went bust a few years ago, thus being a semi - competent manager of the other club virtually guarantees you win the title. Let's not kid anyone on that the top flight of Scottish football is anymore mysterious or difficult to fathom than that.

It’s easy to see who wins but it’s the style of football and the players up here that they know nothing about. How many players have came up here thinking it’s a walk in the park and found it a lot tougher. 

it’s much the same for the majority of leagues in Europe. Only a small percentage have a chance of winning. 

08C65174-DDE6-4FF0-9990-D4E494D5B431.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

It’s easy to see who wins but it’s the style of football and the players up here that they know nothing about. How many players have came up here thinking it’s a walk in the park and found it a lot tougher. 

it’s much the same for the majority of leagues in Europe. Only a small percentage have a chance of winning. 

This is exactly why the perpetual winners of these leagues want a European Super League. The domestic bubble has burst in most leagues, including England, because the sportswashing clubs are hoovering up all the trophies. We have moaned about the financial gulf here, but the same is now true everywhere else as well.

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

This is exactly why the perpetual winners of these leagues want a European Super League. The domestic bubble has burst in most leagues, including England, because the sportswashing clubs are hoovering up all the trophies. We have moaned about the financial gulf here, but the same is now true everywhere else as well.

Don’t disagree with this at all, but we are the only nation included  to only have two club badges featuring since the turn of the millennium.  It’s thoroughly depressing. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Which other leagues have only had two teams winning the league since 1985?

Most of the other leagues have had more teams than that who have won the league. Even going on the examples given it looks like 3 to 4 teams winning the league is the norm this century.

3 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Don’t disagree with this at all, but we are the only nation included  to only have two club badges featuring since the turn of the millennium.  It’s thoroughly depressing. 

Ukraine 🇺🇦 seem to be the same and look what happened to them.

44 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

This is silly. They are completely and utterly ignorant. They hold Scottish football in open contempt, they take pride in the ignorance. 

Honestly, they know (in the main) absolutely nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is silly. They are completely and utterly ignorant. They hold Scottish football in open contempt, they take pride in the ignorance. 

Although, given the debacle Celtic helped instigate, that Scotlands diddies have had to slap down this week, its quite nice to see them on the receiving end of the open contempt and ignorance, rather than mobilising the SFA and their media lackies to dole it out 

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What's silly about it ? Again, a simple question......what is the great mystery of Scottish football they don't know about ?  

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tbf, I hold the EPL in open contempt too, I think I’d struggle to name the captain of one team, maybe could name 3 or 4 current managers, it’s just not important enough to me to pay any attention.

I actively dislike it & more so the Scots that will attend the pub to watch the excitement of Fulham v Brighton. 

If I was a Celtic fan I’d be hoping that my next manager was so successful that another top 6/8/10 English Premiership team would come in for him.

I know some of the less intelligent Celtic fans will be gutted but the days of anyone being loyal in football is absolutely gone. It goes 2 ways though and for Ange Postecoglu or any Celtic or Rangers manager you are only a few games from the sack at all times.

If I was a Celtic fan I would honestly look at this whole situation positively and take it as a compliment that your club is going in the right direction. I also think, if he does well, that it would be a positive reflection on our league.

4 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

What's silly about it ? Again, a simple question......what is the great mystery of Scottish football they don't know about ?  

I don’t know what your angle is here tbh. Nobody is saying it’s a mystery, just a subject matter they don’t know any detail of. 

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Tbf, I hold the EPL in open contempt too, I think I’d struggle to name the captain of one team, maybe could name 3 or 4 current managers, it’s just not important enough to me to pay any attention.

I actively dislike it & more so the Scots that will attend the pub to watch the excitement of Fulham v Brighton. 

I’m the same but I am ignorant of that league but I would hold my hands up to my ignorance. 

Kennie is implying English fans are giving some sort of informed opinion on the new Tottenham manager based on his time here. 

Cheerio cheerio cheerio ya big fat fraud. Arrogant arsehole who couldn't handle any criticism despite trying to give the demeanour that nothing bothered him. He'll get found out big time down south and will throw his toys out the pram when the EPL equivalent of Jane Lewis(is there such a thing?) asks him a question he doesn't like after being pumped by Sheffield United at home.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know what your angle is here tbh. Nobody is saying it’s a mystery, just a subject matter they don’t know any detail of. 

I’m the same but I am ignorant of that league but I would hold my hands up to my ignorance. 

Kennie is implying English fans are giving some sort of informed opinion on the new Tottenham manager based on his time here. 

Yep....when up against teams who he doesn't massive financially outmuscle or who are beaten before they step on the pitch because they've had years of 'Sportsound' or 'Superscoreboard' drip feeding them on how 'massive' Celtic are, he tends to struggle...Do you think English football fans are so thick they're incapable of looking up Celtic's record in Europe under Postegoclu ? 

1 minute ago, kennie makevin said:

Yep....when up against teams who he doesn't massive financially outmuscle or who are beaten before they step on the pitch because they've had years of 'Sportsound' or 'Superscoreboard' drip feeding them on how 'massive' Celtic are, he tends to struggle...Do you think English football fans are so thick they're incapable of looking up Celtic's record in Europe under Postegoclu ? 

No, but you said there isn’t much ignorance amongst English fans. There clearly is.