The Celtic All Seasons thread

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If Spurs give him a bit of time, I think he might do quite well there.

I'm hoping the fact that Conte or Mourinho weren't able to make a fist of it recently will reset the boards expectency of what they want short term from a manager. Going off Celtic alone I put Ange above any other manager we have had this millennium and will be keeping an eye out for Tottenham results being the Ange Fanboy that I now am.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

No mate it’s clearly happened, me putting up a new manager thread yesterday may have given you a clue to my current thoughts 😉. What’s also happened is you becoming my new forum follower 😁

Could be that.

Or it could be the fact you need to reply to everything and it's funny to watch you write yourself in circles 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I'm hoping the fact that Conte or Mourinho weren't able to make a fist of it recently will reset the boards expectency of what they want short term from a manager. Going off Celtic alone I put Ange above any other manager we have had this millennium and will be keeping an eye out for Tottenham results being the Ange Fanboy that I now am.

Big Team found.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Could be that.

Or it could be the fact you need to reply to everything and it's funny to watch you write yourself in circles 👍🏻

It’s a forum mate, I’ll reply if it interests me just like how I interest you 😉

Ultimately, I'm pretty certain Ange will do well down there. The reaction of the Spurs fans is borderline embarrassing but we don't need reminded how he was almost a laughing stock when announced as Celtic manager. He seems to thrive off that perception of him.

Spurs just simply need to let him do his thing, it was impressive just how quickly he turned Celtic round in terms of style of play and recruitment. Spurs are different in the sense that they are a total shit show right now with no European football. Top 6 finish next season and then regularly competing for top 4 has to be the realistic aim. 

Sorry to say it Celtic fans, but I think that Hatate will be the first to go as he is exactly the mould of player spurs need.

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Mon the Sphurs.

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If Spurs give him a bit of time, I think he might do quite well there.

I’d hope they do, but English football fans ignorance & snobbery would suggest to me he needs to have a positive start.

Losing Kane would be massive too.

I hope he does well as it would shut those ignorant Cockneys up about their lack of respect some have shown. 

What a fucking minter for the “he’s one of us” crew. F*cks off as soon as a bang average English Premier League team shows interest. 

Saying that, I think he’ll do alright for Spurs tbf. 

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

What a fucking minter for the “he’s one of us” crew. F*cks off as soon as a bang average English Premier League team shows interest. 

Saying that, I think he’ll do alright for Spurs tbf. 

It's fucking absurd that Celtic fans think any manager or player not from Scotland instantly becomes 'one of us'  as soon as they pull on the hoops.  Its just a job for him, he's not a Celtic fan, he got headhunted by another club for more money.  He, or anyone, is never turning that down.

It's the same as you or I, a company contacts you to come and work for them to do the same job, same hours, for more money.  99 times out of 100 you're going to go.

While believing he will do well, it will be interesting to see how he operates when his spending power doesn’t gulf all of his nearest rivals.

Spurs can’t operate in a higher value market than their rivals so any success he has there will probably be more reflective of his coaching ability

Spurs peaked when they blew the Champions League final.
No one is getting them any better than that regardless of how much time they are given.
Celtic fans being ok with Ange leaving but somehow thinking Brendan Rodgers was the biggest kunt in the world is quite funny.

Ange will guide Spurs to their 5th/6th mediocrity and they will be fine with that for a few years. 4th would be a success. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

While believing he will do well, it will be interesting to see how he operates when his spending power doesn’t gulf all of his nearest rivals.

Spurs can’t operate in a higher value market than their rivals so any success he has there will probably be more reflective of his coaching ability

A lot of players that played under him during his career talk about how good a motivational speaker he is - we all know that motivation has a direct impact on performance.

Given he already has a team of top players at Spurs, who admittedly look demotivated, I think Postecoglu will add real value in the dressing room in that respect.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

He'll probably end up like Walter Smith and Steven Gerrard; out on his arse before too long.

44 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d hope they do, but English football fans ignorance & snobbery would suggest to me he needs to have a positive start.

Losing Kane would be massive too.

I hope he does well as it would shut those ignorant Cockneys up about their lack of respect some have shown. 

I don't think there's much ignorance among English football fans...they see exactly what we up here see - a Celtic team who sweep all before them domestically solely due to a massive financial advantage and all the media and refereeing soft-pedaling that their status as the establishment club brings. Therefore Spurs fans look to see how things have gone under Postegoclu when that massive advantage has been removed. 

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A lot of players that played under him during his career talk about how good a motivational speaker he is - we all know that motivation has a direct impact on performance.

Given he already has a team of top players at Spurs, who admittedly look demotivated, I think Postecoglu will add real value in the dressing room in that respect.

Yep, which is why I think he might do quite well. However, the EPL tends to attract a large portion of sensitive, entitled and unprofessional footballers that may not be as reactive to his motivational talents. It’ll be interesting to see how it pans out.

27 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I don't think there's much ignorance among English football fans...they see exactly what we up here see - a Celtic team who sweep all before them domestically solely due to a massive financial advantage and all the media and refereeing soft-pedaling that their status as the establishment club brings. Therefore Spurs fans look to see how things have gone under Postegoclu when that massive advantage has been removed. 

I think the majority of English fans know as much about Scottish football as we do about Welsh football.