The Celtic All Seasons thread

27 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Ange didn’t give two hoots about Celtic all along. A stepping stone. 

He can both care about the club and have enjoyed his time here, and take a massive opportunity when it arrises, it's not all or nothing. Lot of our fans throwing the toys out the pram in a similar fashion.

34 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Fantastic to watch any half decent players or managers you have get hoovered up by these mid-table English also rans the minute they flash their knickers at them. Long may it continue.

You want us to continue to get millions each season from our successful trading model which allows us to maintain our financial gap? Big team found.

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You want us to continue to get millions each season from our successful trading model which allows us to maintain our financial gap? Big team found.

I don’t think you can find many Celtic fans focussing praise on the successful trading model on the back of Ange leaving. The knives are already out.

Edited by AJF

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think you can find many Celtic fans focussing praise on the successful trading model on the back of Ange leaving. The knives are already out.

Any cardboard cut outs in the fire yet? 

An absolute hoot reading today’s online mewling from distraught Celtic fans, not all of them of course, just the deranged ones (so quite a lot then)… ‘Spurs? Leaving us for Spurs? Has he no ambition…’ Idiots answering their own question - While the new Celtic manager will be at Ross County in the pissing rain in February a week after St Mirren have made the same exciting trip, and strolling to another treble while trying not to get pumped in Europe, Big Ange will be testing his mettle against Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea. All while playing in probably the world’s best football stadium, in charge of a huge London club, and with Kane maybe leaving, a transfer warchest of over a billion quid.

As a fan of a ‘small’ Scottish club who will likely see striker Curtis Main leave for much bigger money to Wrexham of all places - the bleating and wailing is quite something to behold. Celtic are a huge club in a tiny pond, but most certainly are a feeder club and a pathway to the EPL and it eats away at many of their fans from the inside… Big Ange, Rodgers, Tierney, Wanyama, Big Virgil, Fraser Forster, and him in Crystal Palace’s reserves… we all have our place lads, yours is really no different to ours. You are in a huge shadow, it casts its way to you all the way from England.

The Sellik fans who believe they are as desireable as Spurs, no, they believe they are way more attractive than Spurs, don’t like it…. and the perverse pleasure I am taking in reading about it is hugely entertaining me until the sun burns off this mist and I can get out for a wee stroll.

Edited by pozbaird

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

An absolute hoot reading today’s online mewling from distraught Celtic fans, not all of them of course, just the deranged ones (so quite a lot then)… ‘Spurs? Leaving us for Spurs? Has he no ambition…’ Idiots answering their own question - While the new Celtic manager will be at Ross County in the pissing rain in February a week after St Mirren have made the same exciting trip, and strolling to another treble while trying not to get pumped in Europe, Big Ange will be testing his mettle against Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea. All while playing in probably the world’s best football stadium, in charge of a huge London club, and with Kane maybe leaving, a transfer warchest of over a billion quid.

As a fan of a ‘small’ Scottish club who will likely see striker Curtis Main leave for much bigger money to Wrexham of all places - the bleating and wailing is quite something to behold. Celtic are a huge club in a tiny pond, but most certainly are a feeder club and a pathway to the EPL and it eats away at many of their fans from the inside… Big Ange, Rodgers, Tierney, Wanyama, Big Virgil, Fraser Forster, and him in Crystal Palace’s reserves… we all have our place lads, yours is really no different to ours. You are in a huge shadow, it casts its way to you all the way from England.

The Sellik fans who believe they are as desireable as Spurs, no, they believe they are way more attractive than Spurs, don’t like it…. and the perverse pleasure I am taking in reading about it is hugely entertaining me until the sun burns off this mist and I can get out for a wee stroll.

A club just like all the others....bigger than some, smaller than others , nothing special, nothing different. 

10 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

4 year deal for Ange at Spurs. Fair enough, you'd be a nutter to turn that down.

If Spurs give him a bit of time, I think he might do quite well there.

Edited by Jacksgranda

33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m sure I read Celtic’s annual income was £112m and Spurs was £444m. 

Historically Celtic are a huge club, albeit Spurs have a rich history too, but in modern football where money is King, there’s no comparison between the size of the two clubs.

9 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

If Spurs give him a bit of time, I think he might do quite well there.

I think he will too. He had a slow start at Celtic but moulded the team to suit his style. Glad he’s away.

45 minutes ago, AJF said:

No most things I’m reading are suggestive of a fan base who are albeit disappointed by in large get it. You will have the occasional unhinged who will sharpen their knives but that also happened when Gerrard left you guys, some people seem to think managers owe us something, they don’t it’s a transaction at the end of the day.

Compensation rumoured to be around 5 mil so at least the board played hardball on that considering he was only on the 12 month roller.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Jinky will still say it's not happening.

No mate it’s clearly happened, me putting up a new manager thread yesterday may have given you a clue to my current thoughts 😉. What’s also happened is you becoming my new forum follower 😁

Edited by Jinky67