The Celtic All Seasons thread

"Ange" agreed terms with Tottenham, so its done.

Presumably he'd made the gap over Rangers too large, so Celtics board will be looking for a manager to take them backwards slightly.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

"Ange" agreed terms with Tottenham, so its done.

Presumably he'd made the gap over Rangers too large, so Celtics board will be looking for a manager to take them backwards slightly.

That’s the fear that we end up with Scott Brown as they think it’s what the fanbase want.

This clip is doing the rounds on twitter too which is also eerily ominous 

https://twitter.com/viaplaysportsuk/status/1132266705332461569?s=46&t=i3UglGK1_XnLsm83WvInsw

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s the fear that we end up with Scott Brown as they think it’s what the fanbase want.

Well you can always let them know your feelings in the usual ways...

50 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So, what are we saying - that this historic cultural, socio-economic and charitable footballing institution has in reality become a rather minor cog in a Big Capital corporate machine ?

That will come as a shock to the guys who sing, wave their flags and jump up and down in the corner.

As far as I'm aware we have no shares in them and they have no shares in us.  Lawwells son used to work for them and is using his experience/contacts to fish out highly rated coaches/players. A practice used all over football and business in general I would imagine.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Whit?

You seriously believe that?

Entitled scum!

I'd a wee chuckle at the "off the floor" comments, only celtic fans could see winning almost everything for the last 12 years as being on the floor.

Got to say, I'm unsure if Postecoglou is crazy or just full of self belief, because that Spurs job is a poison chalice.

He'll be very well rewarded for his time there, but not a snowball's chance in hell he'll be a success. That's no reflection on Postecoglou's ability, although it's very clear to see where his failings are, it's more a statement on Levy and the Tottenham board.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Without working out the figures myself, I'd take this with a pinch of salt if the maker of it "accidentally" put Ange at 30% BELOW Smith and McLeish on 29 and 28 respectively 🤔

Haha aye I hadn’t noticed that! Totally innocent mistake I’m sure of it…

It was more the numbers between Ange and Rodgers I was using to make my point though, rather than their places in the table.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

This clip is doing the rounds on twitter too which is also eerily ominous 

https://twitter.com/viaplaysportsuk/status/1132266705332461569?s=46&t=i3UglGK1_XnLsm83WvInsw

The Rodgers one is an interesting. He had a great relationship with Lawell who is now back as non-executive chairman and will be exerting power via his son.

Is it a co-incidence that Postecoglu lasted 18 months with Lawell away and around 5 months with Lawell back ?

2 hours ago, jengers said:

Don’t ever remember him saying he wouldn’t leave the club? From the first link to an EPL job to this one he’s only ever said he wants to concentrate on what he’s doing now rather than talk about his future. 

You realise as well he is able to understand the fans as well as have different professional ambitions? 

Must be shite supporting a team where all you have to be happy about at the end of the season is the manager who helped make sure you have a chance at European football possible leaving 😂

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Did he, aye? 

Luckily I keep receipts for when The Greatest Fans in the World start trying to retcon things. This is from 99 days ago.

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1630342126084009985?s=46&t=bO3v3Nu_1YuvOG7dcZTthw

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Would they be wrong? Suspect a fair chunk of your fanbase would love "Broony getting it up Rangers" as hes a "Celtic man".

Also helps the "brand" to him v Rangers again too.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Rodgers one is an interesting. He had a great relationship with Lawell who is now back as non-executive chairman and will be exerting power via his son.

Is it a co-incidence that Postecoglu lasted 18 months with Lawell away and around 5 months with Lawell back ?

He’s now favourite to get the job, starting to feel it hasn’t been coincidence him suddenly appearing at Celtic matches and house hunting in Glasgow and with that I’m now inclined to think Ange moving to Tottenham has been in the works for at least a few weeks to a month.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would they be wrong? Suspect a fair chunk of your fanbase would love "Broony getting it up Rangers" as hes a "Celtic man".

Also helps the "brand" to him v Rangers again too.

Yes on this occasion I think they would be wrong. I haven’t seen anything remotely lukewarm to the prospect of Broonie taking the role but in saying that everything just now points towards Rodgers 

9 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Luckily I keep receipts for when The Greatest Fans in the World start trying to retcon things. This is from 99 days ago.

https://twitter.com/aboutceltic/status/1630342126084009985?s=46&t=bO3v3Nu_1YuvOG7dcZTthw

That's the best you could find attempt to erm, 'paraphrase' off? At least you got a greeny off my forum follower  for disagreeing though.

Edited by gannonball

23 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s now favourite to get the job, starting to feel it hasn’t been coincidence him suddenly appearing at Celtic matches and house hunting in Glasgow and with that I’m now inclined to think Ange moving to Tottenham has been in the works for at least a few weeks to a month.

Yes on this occasion I think they would be wrong. I haven’t seen anything remotely lukewarm to the prospect of Broonie taking the role but in saying that everything just now points towards Rodgers 

Didn’t know BR had been at games tbh. 

Lawell Snr is power hungry and likes to be the main man, whilst he could exert an element of power via his position and his son, Postecoglu was always the main man and he was also loved by the fans more than Lawell Snr could ever be.

BR and him are very close and I expect he was never close with Postecoglu as that’s not his style. He maybe feels that through BR he can have a bigger influence?

Brown, whilst unlikely, would be perfect for him. He could absolutely manipulate Brown and wee McGregor idolises Brown and wee McGregor is idolised by the players so that could work as an appointment too.

3 hours ago, jengers said:

Don’t ever remember him saying he wouldn’t leave the club? From the first link to an EPL job to this one he’s only ever said he wants to concentrate on what he’s doing now rather than talk about his future. 

You realise as well he is able to understand the fans as well as have different professional ambitions? 

Must be shite supporting a team where all you have to be happy about at the end of the season is the manager who helped make sure you have a chance at European football possible leaving 😂

He said at the broony/Lustig night a couple of weeks ago that he was here as long as we wanted him.