The Celtic All Seasons thread

8 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ange is at the tail end of his career. Slot, Kompany etc coach coach for another 20 years minimum.

Which also means they have more time to bounce back if it all goes tits up and let’s face it, it’s Spurs so it can quite easily go tits up.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Unsure of the point you are trying to make here but since the day Neil Lennon was re-appointed we have went on to win 7 from the next 11 trophies available so I’d say it’s turned out not too badly at all. How do you compare to that? 

You understood it well enough. 

Slot being 44 compared to Ange at 57 is a big factor. Slot will get a chance again. Ange probably wont - a basket case club in turmoil is probably the only time he'll get one of the so called top 6 jobs in England. A few dodgy results here + a pummeling in Europe could see him off those shortlists for good. If the offer from Spurs comes in i can't see him turning it down, and i don't blame him for that. The word is that Celtic are willing to counter Spurs offer with a contract that would see him the highest paid manager in Scottish football history, but i don't think that'll do it to be honest. He's an ambitious guy, he'll back himself to go down there and succeed. As i said the other day, i'm gutted but i understand it, don't hold any grudge towards him in the slightest and wish him all the best.

The only hope now is that some stumbling block emerges during the negotiations and it falls apart, but that's more wishful thinking than anything else.

4 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Well regardless of all the speculation the facts are simple. Ange Postegoclu is clearly not good enough to manage Spurs.  But he'd make a financial killing by signing on and being sacked six months later. He'd be a fool not to.

That is opinion, not factual. Why precisely is he clearly not good enough? I am no arse cheek fan but he has done plenty in his career to suggest he is a decent manager.

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

That is opinion, not factual. Why precisely is he clearly not good enough? I am no arse cheek fan but he has done plenty in his career to suggest he is a decent manager.

He's a decent manager just nowhere near decent enough to manage a top flight English club with aspirations of Champions League football. Postegoclu's laughable record in Europe with Celtic is a matter of fact not opinion. 

8 hours ago, Fratelli said:

Slot being 44 compared to Ange at 57 is a big factor. Slot will get a chance again. Ange probably wont - a basket case club in turmoil is probably the only time he'll get one of the so called top 6 jobs in England. A few dodgy results here + a pummeling in Europe could see him off those shortlists for good. If the offer from Spurs comes in i can't see him turning it down, and i don't blame him for that. The word is that Celtic are willing to counter Spurs offer with a contract that would see him the highest paid manager in Scottish football history, but i don't think that'll do it to be honest. He's an ambitious guy, he'll back himself to go down there and succeed. As i said the other day, i'm gutted but i understand it, don't hold any grudge towards him in the slightest and wish him all the best.

The only hope now is that some stumbling block emerges during the negotiations and it falls apart, but that's more wishful thinking than anything else.

This guy gets it.

10 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Put a monkey in a suit and a green tie in complete control and selk would still win the league

Do you think they'd let the monkey be the highest spending Celtic manager ever. like they have Ange?

42 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

He's a decent manager just nowhere near decent enough to manage a top flight English club with aspirations of Champions League football. Postegoclu's laughable record in Europe with Celtic is a matter of fact not opinion. 

He has a similar win % to Brendan Rodgers had with Celtic in Europe and he went onto win a FA Cup in the Premier League. 

Again you allow your irrational hatred of Celtic form an opinion that actually ignores the actual facts 

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Do you think they'd let the monkey be the highest spending Celtic manager ever. like they have Ange?

If he can recoup the same transfer fees and control the net spend that continues to see us profit then absolutely 

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He has a similar win % to Brendan Rodgers had with Celtic in Europe and he went onto win a FA Cup in the Premier League. 

Again you allow your irrational hatred of Celtic form an opinion that actually ignores the actual facts 

Slightly disingenuous. For one, Rodgers win % in Europe was higher and his loss % was lower than Ange’s.

Additionally, you also need to consider that the majority of Rodger’s European matches were in the Champions League, whereas the majority of Ange’s have been in the Europa League.

529B8AB9-E5CD-4895-86F4-4E9286DDC8EA.jpeg

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Well Fat Frankie & Allardyce etc seem to get numerous chances so why not him? He has done well in other places, there just seems to be this inbuilt snobbery because he hasn't spent his career in Europe.

27 minutes ago, AJF said:

Slightly disingenuous. For one, Rodgers win % in Europe was higher and his loss % was lower than Ange’s.

Additionally, you also need to consider that the majority of Rodger’s European matches were in the Champions League, whereas the majority of Ange’s have been in the Europa League.

529B8AB9-E5CD-4895-86F4-4E9286DDC8EA.jpeg

Half of Rodgers games in Europe were in the qualifying stages where there is a higher propensity to win more and lose less. Rodgers won 16 matches in Europe and 10 of those came in qualifying rounds.

The majority of Anges games were in group stage competition. Must be around 70% or close and half of his wins are from the group stages too. 

That context is important before claiming I’m being disingenuous mate. 

But Euro records can’t be the be all and end all and the only major determining factor which I’m sure you know only too well

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Half of Rodgers games in Europe were in the qualifying stages where there is a higher propensity to win more and lose less. Rodgers won 16 matches in Europe and 10 of those came in qualifying rounds.

The majority of Anges games were in group stage competition. Must be around 70% or close and half of his wins are from the group stages too. 

That context is important before claiming I’m being disingenuous mate. 

Of course the context is important. Which is why if you take into account all of what we’ve both said, then your claim of “Ange has a similar win % in Europe compared to Rodgers” paints a very selective picture.

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

Of course the context is important. Which is why if you take into account all of what we’ve both said, then your claim of “Ange has a similar win % in Europe compared to Rodgers” paints a very selective picture.

I would take your point if we were talking about a significant variance here but managers who both have a win % in the 30’s? Its close enough in my opinion.

Edited by Jinky67