The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 01/06/2023 at 20:31, Richey Edwards said:

Ange Postecoglou will leave Celtic and Kris Doolan will be the next Celtic manager.

With a 61% win ratio as Thistle boss, who else would Celtic possibly consider? No brainer surely.

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit ironic that mate when your own gaffer is carrying a decent amount of excess timber himself

8 hours ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

Don't you worry, he'll not go near the perennial losers. Hall of famer Tav and all his runner up medals won't be on the menu for old "gravy guzzler". What's your favourite Rangers nearly did it moment? Don't think you can beat the Europa League final personally, just wonderful to see your bunch of bottlers shit the bed as usual. 

maxresdefault (5).jpg

Edited by RuMoore

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Bit ironic that mate when your own gaffer is carrying a decent amount of excess timber himself

An argument about who’s manager is fatter would be up there in the ‘painfully tragic OF internet arguments’ category. 

Edited by Dons_1988

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

An argument about who’s manager is father would be up there in the ‘painfully tragic OF internet arguments’ category. 

"father"?

19 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now.

He's a brilliant manager but is at the best run club, with the biggest budget and the best recruitment team.

He's a very good manager probably the best in the SPFL is he the man to take Spurs over the line. Maybe but it's a hard ask. A bigger ask than turning **** around. 

Ange's comments in the press conference after the game near enough confirm it for me. The most reflective/emotional i've seen him.

The most i've ever enjoyed watching Celtic, an incredible fella who has been incredible for us on an off the park. In 2021, whilst we all lost our collective shit at us fucking the Eddie Howe deal and appointing some fella from the J league none of us had heard of, Aussie journalists were telling us he'd rock our world and that we'd be hanging on his every word before long. They weren't wrong. It's been fucking great fun.

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

Ange's comments in the press conference after the game near enough confirm it for me. The most reflective/emotional i've seen him.

The most i've ever enjoyed watching Celtic, an incredible fella who has been incredible for us on an off the park. In 2021, whilst we all lost our collective shit at us fucking the Eddie Howe deal and appointing some fella from the J league none of us had heard of, Aussie journalists were telling us he'd rock our world and that we'd be hanging on his every word before long. They weren't wrong. It's been fucking great fun.

According to Fabrizio Romanos podcast, Luis Enrique is just waiting to be asked and he is expected to talk with Spurs like Ange will. Could be a few twist and turns yet and there is hugely negative feeling towards Ange from Spurs fans, the majority of them seem to want Enrique.

The interview he gave today referencing how he was regarded as a joke appointment and how the Celtic fans collectively embraced him as one of our own does suggest he knows he won’t get that support elsewhere but is that enough for him to stay? Either way I think we will know by Tuesday at the latest. 

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

how the Celtic fans collectively embraced him as one of our own does suggest he knows he won’t get that support elsewhere but is that enough for him to stay?

saying things the Celtic fans want to hear will have little to no bearing on whether he stays or not, IMO. If he is ambitious (as most players and managers are nowadays) then he will be away if offered the job.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

saying things the Celtic fans want to hear will have little to no bearing on whether he stays or not, IMO. If he is ambitious (as most players and managers are nowadays) then he will be away if offered the job.

Normally I’d agree but there is now a line forming of managers turning their nose up at the Spurs job such as Naglesmann and Slot. You would think for Slot at least this would be just as great an opportunity for him as it would be for Ange. Makes me wonder what they see or hear that has made them walk away.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Normally I’d agree but there is now a line forming of managers turning their nose up at the Spurs job such as Naglesmann and Slot. You would think for Slot at least this would be just as great an opportunity for him as it would be for Ange. Makes me wonder what they see or hear that has made them walk away.

I’ve no idea who Slot is nor the reasons as to why he has turned down the Spurs job (was he offered it?).

Naglesmann probably feels entitled to hold out for a better job given his managing experience and likelihood he’d feel his sacking at Bayern was harsh.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’ve no idea who Slot is nor the reasons as to why he has turned down the Spurs job (was he offered it?).

Naglesmann probably feels entitled to hold out for a better job given his managing experience and likelihood he’d feel his sacking at Bayern was harsh.

Arne Slot from Feyernoord and yes he was reportedly offered the role including a substantial pay rise but stayed put due to Spurs not being in Europe and Feyenoord being in the Champions League and them being a more interesting project. Vincent Kompany and Xabi Alonso apparently also turned down the chance to speak with Spurs. 

They seem to be a bit of a poison chalice, I’ve no doubt Ange will speak to them but there does seem to be something putting many of them off. Naglesmann apparently has just turned down Napoli also as they can’t meet his salary expectations.

Edited by Jinky67

46 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

According to Fabrizio Romanos podcast, Luis Enrique is just waiting to be asked and he is expected to talk with Spurs like Ange will. Could be a few twist and turns yet and there is hugely negative feeling towards Ange from Spurs fans, the majority of them seem to want Enrique.

The interview he gave today referencing how he was regarded as a joke appointment and how the Celtic fans collectively embraced him as one of our own does suggest he knows he won’t get that support elsewhere but is that enough for him to stay? Either way I think we will know by Tuesday at the latest. 

Neil Lennon was one of your own and look how that turned out.

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Arne Slot from Feyernoord and yes he was reportedly offered the role including a substantial pay rise but stayed put due to Spurs not being in Europe and Feyenoord being in the Champions League and them being a more interesting project. Vincent Kompany and Xabi Alonso apparently also turned down the chance to speak with Spurs. 

They seem to be a bit of a poison chalice, I’ve no doubt Ange will speak to them but there does seem to be something putting many of them off. Naglesmann apparently has just turned down Napoli also as they can’t meet his salary expectations.

Ange is at the tail end of his career. Slot, Kompany etc coach coach for another 20 years minimum.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Neil Lennon was one of your own and look how that turned out.

Unsure of the point you are trying to make here but since the day Neil Lennon was re-appointed we have went on to win 7 from the next 11 trophies available so I’d say it’s turned out not too badly at all. How do you compare to that?