The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A semi competent manager could manage celtic, it's the board room that keeps you guys going.

What happened to simply the best and all that? You all laughed at Ange but two years in and he's broken the people. Glad to see you're comfortable in the shadow of the Glasgow Celtic. 

43 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

What happened to simply the best and all that? You all laughed at Ange but two years in and he's broken the people. Glad to see you're comfortable in the shadow of the Glasgow Celtic. 

Broken would be trying to storm the team bus to kick the shit out of the manager and Ibrox having to be surrounded by high security shark fences.

celtic fans will never be able to shake their inferiority complex. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A sensational post when, one month later, he jumps ship to EPLs 8th placed side who havent a major trophy in over 30 years.

I think your post is a bit unfair. If Postecoglu believes in his own abilities, this is a no brainer if he receives an offer.

Spurs are a big club who have been starved of success and have had a series of failures from their recent management appointments. If Postecoglu can improve on this seasons 8th place finish then he’s not really a failure.

He also gets to challenge himself against elite managers and elite teams which is a challenge he’s never had before. 

He will also likely at least treble his wages which very few people would turn down.

Realistically, everyone who’s in the Scottish Premiership and gets the opportunity to challenge themselves by moving to the EPL would jump at the chance.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think your post is a bit unfair. If Postecoglu believes in his own abilities, this is a no brainer if he receives an offer.

Spurs are a big club who have been starved of success and have had a series of failures from their recent management appointments. If Postecoglu can improve on this seasons 8th place finish then he’s not really a failure.

He also gets to challenge himself against elite managers and elite teams which is a challenge he’s never had before. 

He will also likely at least treble his wages which very few people would turn down.

Realistically, everyone who’s in the Scottish Premiership and gets the opportunity to challenge themselves by moving to the EPL would jump at the chance.

Wasnt slagging his decision tbh, just yet again Celtic fans on about a manager who "gets it" then jumps at the first chance to leave.

This isn't comparable with the Rodgers situation, and i've yet to see a Celtic fan make that comparison. A post on another forum which sums up my feelings pretty much perfectly: 

ScreenShot2023-05-31at19_36_23.thumb.png.3b494617559ab10c332bec68ba8092df.png

The majority seem to be in this camp. Gutted, but i understand it and wish him the best. 

Edited by Fratelli

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wasnt slagging his decision tbh, just yet again Celtic fans on about a manager who "gets it" then jumps at the first chance to leave.

Sadly, the reality is every player or manager in the Scottish Premiership who has had a concrete offer from the EPL in the last 10 years has moved there.

Its brand and riches are now so strong that even Bayern are saying they can’t compete with signing Declan Rice.

Real Madrid are probably the only club that can compete on the attracting players front now.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gets called out and defaults to Aye.. but Celtic fans eh!?!

Like most on these boards without an original thought in their head. 

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Gets called out and defaults to Aye.. but Celtic fans eh!?!

Like most on these boards without an original thought in their head. 

I mean, you could understand why i selected the quote to post that i did, and ignored others, and it would help you see my point.

But i dont suppose you will tbh.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ange didn’t come here claiming himself a lifelong fan like Rodgers did, he has come in and done a great job and if he does go he goes having proved a lot of experts in Scottish football wrong. I hope and still thinks he stays as there is an element of EPL snobbery that means they often look past managers up here nevermind one is also an Antipodean and in this case I hope they do however wouldn’t hold it against him if he does go.

As for a replacement Rodgers is a no go for me, it’s a step backwards and that didn’t work with Lennon so let’s not do that again. I would want someone like Kjetil Knutsen 

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Ange didn’t come here claiming himself a lifelong fan like Rodgers did, he has come in and done a great job and if he does go he goes having proved a lot of experts in Scottish football wrong. I hope and still thinks he stays as there is an element of EPL snobbery that means they often look past managers up here nevermind one is also an Antipodean and in this case I hope they do however wouldn’t hold it against him if he does go.

As for a replacement Rodgers is a no go for me, it’s a step backwards and that didn’t work with Lennon so let’s not do that again. I would want someone like Kjetil Knutsen 

I’m thinking Knutsen would be first choice.

He led a Bodo side to horsing Celtic home & away IIRC? 

He’d be a good choice.  

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’m thinking Knutsen would be first choice.

He led a Bodo side to horsing Celtic home & away IIRC? 

He’d be a good choice.  

Yeah he’s a cracking coach, plays really attacking and attractive football so he would be my number 1 if the manager goes, he is also someone I think could improve us going into Europe also. I do have this worry we do the typical Celtic thing and bring in someone like Broony, I love the guy but f**k no.

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah he’s a cracking coach, plays really attacking and attractive football so he would be my number 1, he is also someone I think could improve us going into Europe also. I do have this worry we do the typical Celtic thing and bring in someone like Broony, I love the guy but f**k no.

Think he’d be ideal for Celtic. 

Plays attacking, pressing 4-3-3.

Similar to what’s in place. 

11 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Its brand and riches are now so strong that even Bayern are saying they can’t compete with signing Declan Rice.

Real Madrid are probably the only club that can compete on the attracting players front now.

Bayern turned over 600 million quid last year so I'm sure if they really wanted him they could go for him, his value is more to English teams though because of the grown rule imo, I personally think he's a bit overrated tbh.

59 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Bayern turned over 600 million quid last year so I'm sure if they really wanted him they could go for him, his value is more to English teams though because of the grown rule imo, I personally think he's a bit overrated tbh.

I’ll be very surprised if he ends up at Bayern. Yeah, he’s overrated and over priced. 

It's certainly not, in my opinion, EPL 'snobbery' that would prevent Tottenham taking a chance on Postegoclu but rather the very high failure rate of successful Old Firm managers when they go down to England. From Billy McNeil to cuddly foul mouthed Uncle Walter, Neil Lennon to Steven Gerrard 'old firm legends' exposed as duds at a more demanding level is a recurring theme over the decades. Only Brenden Rogers initial years at Leicester bucked the trend. That coupled with Mr Postegoclu's frankly appalling record in Europe with Celtic(which suggests that outside of his Scottish comfort zone he is essentially clueless) would, quite rightly, have Spurs fans on the verge of insurrection were Angie Baby to become their manager.  It would certainly be a major risk.