The Celtic All Seasons thread

Rumours of Abada going in the summer. His stats are great but won't be greeting if he leaves tbh, he's not a guaranteed starter and think Haksabanovic will be a prominent player for us next season with a full pre-season under his belt. Be interesting to see where Abada ends up but no doubt will be another player we will have received a quick multiplier on our investment.

38 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Rumours of Abada going in the summer. His stats are great but won't be greeting if he leaves tbh, he's not a guaranteed starter and think Haksabanovic will be a prominent player for us next season with a full pre-season under his belt. Be interesting to see where Abada ends up but no doubt will be another player we will have received a quick multiplier on our investment.

I’m not sure we can rely on the source! I wouldn’t be surprised at him maybe wanting to go, he’s not starting every week and he maybe thinks he should be. His numbers for goals and assists are brilliant but he’s still got a lot to learn, still only 21, and there’s a reason why Ange isn’t starting him every week. He’s on a long deal so nothing to get overly fussed about

I really rate Abada, got the potential to be a superstar. So direct and gets into great positions. 
I can understand if he’s frustrated with his game time, however seems a bit premature to me, he’s still young and nowhere near his shelf life at Celtic. 

hopefully just paper shite and he’s happy as a dog with two tails. 

4 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I really rate Abada, got the potential to be a superstar. So direct and gets into great positions. 
I can understand if he’s frustrated with his game time, however seems a bit premature to me, he’s still young and nowhere near his shelf life at Celtic. 

I’d love him to stay too but Ange will no doubt line up a smashing replacement if he does go.

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I really don't know what his ceiling level is tbh. He looked a bit off it at champions league level but like you say is young so can be forgiven. It's strange I don't think he's particularly rapid or tricky as wingers go but his ability to just ghost in between full back and centre back time and time again is something I haven't seen before. As for the paper talk to be fair it's his old chairman I think who is being quoted about it, no doubt trying to whip up interest for a decent sell on clause.

On 21/03/2023 at 13:21, Henrik's tongue said:

I’d love him to stay too but Ange will no doubt line up a smashing replacement if he does go.

Without a doubt, his recruitment has been on-point, so either way win win. 

On 21/03/2023 at 13:23, gannonball said:

I really don't know what his ceiling level is tbh. He looked a bit off it at champions league level but like you say is young so can be forgiven. It's strange I don't think he's particularly rapid or tricky as wingers go but his ability to just ghost in between full back and centre back time and time again is something I haven't seen before. As for the paper talk to be fair it's his old chairman I think who is being quoted about it, no doubt trying to whip up interest for a decent sell on clause.

There was point where he was our best attacking threat, since then Kyogo has been firing consistently & we’ve had a few welcome additions to the squad. 
At the age of 21 and a bundle of trophies up for grabs this season, I find it very odd timing if it’s indeed coming from the player and not just an exercise in generating interest from his benefactors. 

Either way I’m not overly concerned, we’ll get a good fee for him as he’s very decent. 

Edited by Greenlantern

41 minutes ago, AJF said:

The fat boy chucking his top away, Gerrard giving it big licks as the missiles come raining down at a charity game, the celebration.

Seth Meyers Yes GIF by PeacockTV

Well done to all involved.

On another note was Charlie Adam not still a professional footballer about 6 months ago? Impressive beef piling

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1639649369577123843?t=ErI5dma28toR6Iq7XBhp2Q&s=19

ETA - I'm back to being an android peasant again and my phone doesn't automatically embed the tweet?

Edited by gannonball

5 hours ago, AJF said:

The fat boy chucking his top away, Gerrard giving it big licks as the missiles come raining down at a charity game, the celebration.

Cringey grown man behaves like a dick to provoke a large number of grown men to behave appallingly, which in turn leads to an even larger number of pathetic grown men on the internet celebrating it. 

The circle of life.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

Well done to all involved.

On another note was Charlie Adam not still a professional footballer about 6 months ago? Impressive beef piling

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1639649369577123843?t=ErI5dma28toR6Iq7XBhp2Q&s=19

ETA - I'm back to being an android peasant again and my phone doesn't automatically embed the tweet?

Im on android too and works fine for me?

7 hours ago, AJF said:

You know it’s been a tough season when your highlight so far is from an old boys charity game that doesn’t even involve Rangers 🤣

A report into Celtic’s finances has revealed they are on course to announce revenue of £112million for the year ending June, 2023.

That would represent a record annual sum posted by any Scottish football club and shares in the Hoops have subsequently increased to £1.73 – almost seven times higher than the 25p Stuart Gibson paid for each of his 4.2m Rangers shares at the end of January . The report was commissioned by the club’s stockbrokers, Canaccord Genuity Ltd, a global investment bank focused on growth companies with operations worldwide. Their report has been distributed privately to clients. The company suggests that investing in shares in the Premiership champions promises to be a bargain because it believes their price has been undervalued by the markets.

The financial advantage Celtic have over Rangers is currently greater than it has ever been and Low claims that gulf is only going to become even wider in the foreseeable future. In 2022, Rangers reached the final of the Europa League (losing to Eintracht Frankfurt on penalties) then won the Scottish Cup before qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League. The Light Blues sold Nathan Patterson, Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo for over £30m yet they still trail their city rivals commercially.

Low said: “First of all, the numbers posted by Celtic in their interim accounts were fantastic. Then the projections made by Cannacord for the remainder of the financial year are equally impressive. The turnover of £112m would be a new record, a total which has obviously been boosted by Champions League participation.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A report into Celtic’s finances has revealed they are on course to announce revenue of £112million for the year ending June, 2023.

That would represent a record annual sum posted by any Scottish football club and shares in the Hoops have subsequently increased to £1.73 – almost seven times higher than the 25p Stuart Gibson paid for each of his 4.2m Rangers shares at the end of January . The report was commissioned by the club’s stockbrokers, Canaccord Genuity Ltd, a global investment bank focused on growth companies with operations worldwide. Their report has been distributed privately to clients. The company suggests that investing in shares in the Premiership champions promises to be a bargain because it believes their price has been undervalued by the markets.

The financial advantage Celtic have over Rangers is currently greater than it has ever been and Low claims that gulf is only going to become even wider in the foreseeable future. In 2022, Rangers reached the final of the Europa League (losing to Eintracht Frankfurt on penalties) then won the Scottish Cup before qualifying for the group stage of the Champions League. The Light Blues sold Nathan Patterson, Calvin Bassey and Joe Aribo for over £30m yet they still trail their city rivals commercially.

Low said: “First of all, the numbers posted by Celtic in their interim accounts were fantastic. Then the projections made by Cannacord for the remainder of the financial year are equally impressive. The turnover of £112m would be a new record, a total which has obviously been boosted by Champions League participation.

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

Good projections but Any word on the whole hotel/museum stuff? With 50 plus most games now and pubs closing about the place would like to see a fan zone type thing as part of it. Usually hate that sanitised shite but I'm finding getting just a pint near CP a ball ache these days. Went to a shit pit snooker hall for years that I would moan about before hand but that closing amongst others has the other bars even worse now and makes me yearn for a flat pint in a crap dark room that isn't a crowding hazard. I appreciate the council have blocked  these sort of fan zone things I j the past (not sure why) but it's getting ridiculous now and pubs far too overcrowded.

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cringey grown man behaves like a dick to provoke a large number of grown men to behave appallingly, which in turn leads to an even larger number of pathetic grown men on the internet celebrating it. 

The circle of life.

You think I’m pathetic?

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants