The Celtic All Seasons thread

Approving that banner may have been a mistake. 

The Scottish Senior Football Referees' Association have reportedly called for the SFA to take action against Celtic after a banner was unveiled slamming linesman Douglas Ross.

The Scottish Conservatives leaders was the subject of a banner which read "VAR DECISION: DOUGLAS ROSS IS A C***" as he ran the line during the first half of the 5-1 Scottish Cup win for Ange Postescoglou's side and footage went viral on social media appearing to show the politician glancing in the direction of it as St Mirren keeper Trevor Carson went to take a goal-kick. Viaplay Sports commentator Rory Hamilton made an on-air apology when the banner appeared on screen, but representatives for Scottish referees have reportedly called the Hampden chiefs to take action

On 13/02/2023 at 16:43, Drew Brees said:

Think their hatred for Ross, or him coming to their attention, started with his “RED CARD, RED CARD, RED CARD” sending off of Simunovic at ibrox for his challenge on bougherra. His place in society since then has only enhanced their hatred. 

Bougherra had left Rangers 7 years before that game haha!

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Approving that banner may have been a mistake. 

The Scottish Senior Football Referees' Association have reportedly called for the SFA to take action against Celtic after a banner was unveiled slamming linesman Douglas Ross.

The Scottish Conservatives leaders was the subject of a banner which read "VAR DECISION: DOUGLAS ROSS IS A C***" as he ran the line during the first half of the 5-1 Scottish Cup win for Ange Postescoglou's side and footage went viral on social media appearing to show the politician glancing in the direction of it as St Mirren keeper Trevor Carson went to take a goal-kick. Viaplay Sports commentator Rory Hamilton made an on-air apology when the banner appeared on screen, but representatives for Scottish referees have reportedly called the Hampden chiefs to take action

Nah the majority of Scotland approved of it I would imagine. There's no way anyone at Celtic approved it however.

22 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Them going on strike for a Tory MP when the Tory c***s are trying to demonise the unions for striking would be tremendous. 

A very very good point, getting 'dirty foreigners' scabbing again too warms my soul.

Edited by gannonball

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was going to post this Aberdeen match thread but tbh a bit like the guy asking the question it wasn't relevent at all. Another game press conference and another clamping by Ange 

https://twitter.com/liamcsc/status/1626598030366629894?t=rjQEsJpA3_WdXKrPtQEjcA&s=19

If he doesn’t listen to other managers comments then where did all the “lucky” comments come from a few weeks ago?

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was going to post this Aberdeen match thread but tbh a bit like the guy asking the question it wasn't relevent at all. Another game press conference and another clamping by Ange 

https://twitter.com/liamcsc/status/1626598030366629894?t=rjQEsJpA3_WdXKrPtQEjcA&s=19

Stupid thing to ask. If he was insistent on asking it though, then he should’ve at least quoted Martindale correctly.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Is this not a big standard response? 

Journalist tries to get a quote with ‘oooh he said this about that, what do you think?’

manager ‘i don’t listen to other managers press conferences’ 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Is this not a big standard response? 

Journalist tries to get a quote with ‘oooh he said this about that, what do you think?’

manager ‘i don’t listen to other managers press conferences’ 

Misquoting a manager who has nothing to do with the upcoming match and to attempt to make  it 'old firm' related possibly is standard in Scottish football terms but doesn't mean it's right tbh. 

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

Misquoting a manager who has nothing to do with the upcoming match and to attempt to make  it 'old firm' related possibly is standard in Scottish football terms but doesn't mean it's right tbh. 

I have no idea what the little mink said tbh, I’m more addressing the idea it’s an absolute clamping when it just seems a standard response. 

I don’t have much of an issue with ‘ange’ tbh I just don’t think it’s worthy of the praise. 

Do you think we have improved as a team on last season?

My opinion is we are about the same level at the moment but recent games suggest we may be about to improve between now and end of season, which will be important for any chance of getting something better out of europe next season.