The Celtic All Seasons thread

Id guess that Ange isnt going anywhere at moment but how long he stays will be all about how much we keep improving, europe next season is key a decent run with signs we could do even better the following season would be something I think he would stay next 2 seasons for after that who knows. No improvement next season maybe earlier.

3 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

Unfortunately a lot of your fellow supporters don't have the same sensibility in these situations.  I just hope that when Ange departs, he has a removals company on speed dial to scoop up his belongings, his family and get out of there before some of the Bhoys pay a visit to his property to give him his parting gift.

You’re a cock.

3 hours ago, LiviLion said:

This caught me by surprise as I couldn't remember anything like that on the match thread. Went and had a look and there was in fact nothing of the sort.

It was removed. I remember it at the time.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

They'd be fucking nuts to appoint Ange.

Leeds are looking for survival, not some guy whose been running on Easy Mode.

He’s not getting the Leeds job. Not sure who started the chat on this thread. Leeds haven’t even made an approach.

I think somebody has already pointed out he’s not even near the top of the betting list. I don’t even think there’s been serious speculation about it outside P&B.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s not getting the Leeds job. Not sure who started the chat on this thread. Leeds haven’t even made an approach.

I think somebody has already pointed out he’s not even near the top of the betting list. I don’t even think there’s been serious speculation about it outside P&B.

Just the Daily Record talking/writing pish as per.

I think Ange will be away within the next year or so, maybe the end of next season if we're lucky.

Could see him wanting another crack at the CL, but he's made a few comments - particularly recently when talking about Juranovic rightly taking the opportunity to go to go as far as he can, that suggest he's of a similar mindset. He's 58 this year, if a decent club in England wanted to speak to him i think he'd at least consider it. An element of our support have a fairly outdated view when it comes to things like this and scoff when our players/managers are linked with Brentford, Brighton etc before banging on about stadium size, trophies etc but in reality those things mean very little when the chance to manage in the biggest and best, most lucrative (both financially and career wise) league in the world is on the table. 

I don't think he'd leave in the middle of a season the way Rodgers did, but he left Yokohama mid-season to take the Celtic job so you never know. I wouldn't begrudge him in trying to go as far as he could.

Edited by Fratelli

11 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

He's spent an absolute fortune, too.

I'm sure I read recently our net spend under ange was 3.5 million which is a fair bit really when most our recent managers have ran at a surplus but I think getting so many transfers right early doors has allowed the board to give him more cash as he generally spends it wisely. Not having an egotistical w**k like Lawwell also help with matters regarding this also. 

Edited by gannonball

9 hours ago, ol1vercloff said:

Unfortunately a lot of your fellow supporters don't have the same sensibility in these situations.  I just hope that when Ange departs, he has a removals company on speed dial to scoop up his belongings, his family and get out of there before some of the Bhoys pay a visit to his property to give him his parting gift.

Ironic considering your now removed contribution to the match thread. Hopefully you are emptied from this forum soon

18 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He's spent an absolute fortune, too.

Don't be a minter. This idea that we can keep the likes of Ross County, Aberdeen, Motherwell et al at bay just by financially treading water is nonsense . Ange came in and said, " give us the big bucks, mate and I'll give you the league" And he delivered. That, my friend, is the mark of an outstanding manager....Mon the Hoops !!!!!

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Don't be a minter. This idea that we can keep the likes of Ross County, Aberdeen, Motherwell et al at bay just by financially treading water is nonsense . Ange came in and said, " give us the big bucks, mate and I'll give you the league" And he delivered. That, my friend, is the mark of an outstanding manager....Mon the Hoops !!!!!

Do you not get bored talking about how boring it is to support Celtic?

20 hours ago, Fratelli said:

I think Ange will be away within the next year or so, maybe the end of next season if we're lucky.

Could see him wanting another crack at the CL, but he's made a few comments - particularly recently when talking about Juranovic rightly taking the opportunity to go to go as far as he can, that suggest he's of a similar mindset. He's 58 this year, if a decent club in England wanted to speak to him i think he'd at least consider it. An element of our support have a fairly outdated view when it comes to things like this and scoff when our players/managers are linked with Brentford, Brighton etc before banging on about stadium size, trophies etc but in reality those things mean very little when the chance to manage in the biggest and best, most lucrative (both financially and career wise) league in the world is on the table. 

I don't think he'd leave in the middle of a season the way Rodgers did, but he left Yokohama mid-season to take the Celtic job so you never know. I wouldn't begrudge him in trying to go as far as he could.

Its a fair point and that may happen but Im of the opinion that he will leave when he thinks the team has reached its level or stops improving. I can ofcourse be completely wrong but I think he will be here next season and if we get some sort of decent run in Europe and he thinks he can improve on that he would stay the following season. It all comes down to next season in europe imo. Going to EPL at 60 with a few seasons under belt in Scotland and the experience of european football for a few seasons could make sense for him too. 

9 minutes ago, stressball said:

Do you not get bored talking about how boring it is to support Celtic?

Best ignored mate, an attention seeking p***k. Been trying to get a bite with this ‘new patter’ all week, he’ll be the talk of the rest home cause you’ve nibbled.