The Celtic All Seasons thread

"Atlanta United and Celtic have agreed a deal worth £4.3m for striker Giorgos Giakoumakis. 

It's understood the initial fee is £3.5m, with £800,000 in add-ons. 

The Greece international has agreed personal terms with the MLS club and is set to finalise his move to the USA." 

40 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Any plans on how you'll turn on your beloved 'Big Ange' if he takes the Leeds job?

He's 20/1 so I'm not too worried at the moment. Whenever he leaves I can't begrudge him it as he's only linked with jobs like that because of the turnaround he's done with us. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He's 20/1 so I'm not too worried at the moment. Whenever he leaves I can't begrudge him it as he's only linked with jobs like that because of the turnaround he's done with us. 

I appreciate that’s your personal opinion, but if it’s reflective of Celtic fans in general, it begs the question as to why Rodgers got the “rat” treatment from most Celtic fans when he won far more with you than Ange has to date.

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

I appreciate that’s your personal opinion, but if it’s reflective of Celtic fans in general, it begs the question as to why Rodgers got the “rat” treatment from most Celtic fans when he won far more with you than Ange has to date.

I think Rodgers was slightly different as he was meant to be 'one of us' but he didn't deserve the treatment he got imo as it was obvious Lawwell and co were acting the c**t with him with transfers  so I didn't blame him for leaving. Think in hindsight alot are coming around to that thinking now too.

ETA - we also got about 8 million for him which isnt mentioned much too.

Edited by gannonball

52 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Unfortunately a lot of your fellow supporters don't have the same sensibility in these situations.  I just hope that when Ange departs, he has a removals company on speed dial to scoop up his belongings, his family and get out of there before some of the Bhoys pay a visit to his property to give him his parting gift.

11 minutes ago, ol1vercloff said:

Unfortunately a lot of your fellow supporters don't have the same sensibility in these situations.  I just hope that when Ange departs, he has a removals company on speed dial to scoop up his belongings, his family and get out of there before some of the Bhoys pay a visit to his property to give him his parting gift.

Rodgers house got broken in to by thieves, the police confirmed this. Bit strange to be making stuff up for a manager that is an outsider for a job but then I have just remembered you are the guy who was posting BJK on 'our' recent match thread. I'm not sure this forum is for you tbh...

15 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Rodgers house got broken in to by thieves, the police confirmed this. Bit strange to be making stuff up for a manager that is an outsider for a job but then I have just remembered you are the guy who was posting BJK on 'our' recent match thread. I'm not sure this forum is for you tbh...

This caught me by surprise as I couldn't remember anything like that on the match thread. Went and had a look and there was in fact nothing of the sort.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I think Rodgers was slightly different as he was meant to be 'one of us' but he didn't deserve the treatment he got imo as it was obvious Lawwell and co were acting the c**t with him with transfers  so I didn't blame him for leaving. Think in hindsight alot are coming around to that thinking now too.

ETA - we also got about 8 million for him which isnt mentioned much too.

You're correct,Ange said there is only one constant at the club and that's the fans the rest are just passing through.
It would be a surprise if he left through the back door like Rodgers did instead of the front.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Should warrant an instant ban that type of comment. I hope you reported it. 

I didnt  tbh, knew it would get deleted in time but serves as a handy warning not to converse with such types which I didn't heed my own warning in this case tbh

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

This caught me by surprise as I couldn't remember anything like that on the match thread. Went and had a look and there was in fact nothing of the sort.

See above. Tbh **** without a bus fare isn't something I ever really associate with Livi fans but he clearly is one.