The Celtic All Seasons thread

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Seems your gripe is more with the BBC then  

On the face of it, yes.

However, while every manager may have legitimate moans about decisions and their perceived "fairness", not every manager can guarantee that the BBC etc will air his concerns in a fluff piece.

10 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

On the face of it, yes.

However, while every manager may have legitimate moans about decisions and their perceived "fairness", not every manager can guarantee that the BBC etc will air his concerns in a fluff piece.

It’s afforded to him as they are hoping for a sound bite, it’s essentially clickbait knowing it will drive traffic and get the views or listeners.

What he will also be dealing with is an increased volley of questions on the matter from reporters hoping for such a sound bite which not every other manager needs to suffer to the same extent either. 

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Japanese media reporting that GG is away to the J-League. Quite disappointing if so but assuming if so would quite like to see Maeda operated mored down the middle a bit more, assuming he's not leaving either.

GG is a cracking striker. Be sorry to see him leave. In any other Celtic team he’d be first choice striker I think.

13 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

GG is a cracking striker. Be sorry to see him leave. In any other Celtic team he’d be first choice striker I think.

I don't blame him tbh even ignoring the contract situation he deserves more game time than he gets. He offers something totally different to Kyogo and is suited to the Scottish game and we will struggle to get someone like that with a decent goal record.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Japanese media reporting that GG is away to the J-League. Quite disappointing if so but assuming if so would quite like to see Maeda operated mored down the middle a bit more, assuming he's not leaving either.

Apparently Southampton are looking at Maeda. 

We are still in the mix for Cho Gue-Sung also, quite liked what I saw of him during the World Cup and has a couple of years in GG.

We also need to start clearing a path for likes of young Vata before we end up loosing another great young talent

Edited by Jinky67

40 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Apparently Southampton are looking at Maeda. 

We are still in the mix for Cho Gue-Sung also, quite liked what I saw of him during the World Cup and has a couple of years in GG.

We also need to start clearing a path for likes of young Vata before we end up loosing another great young talent

He'd be perfect for Southampton 

Run around like f**k but miss most chances 

Juranovic to Monza on loan till the end of the season with an obligation to buy for 7 million. Loan fee is apparently 1 million.

Choice of club is an odd one and considering the World Cup everyone was expecting us to get more and him to go to a better known club. however it’s still over 5 million pound profit for a player in a season and a half and for most of this season has been outperformed by Ralston.

He was straight up the tunnel on Saturday so looks like he has checked out.

Edited by Jinky67

10 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Juranovic to Monza on loan till the end of the season with an obligation to buy for 7 million. Loan fee is apparently 1 million.

Choice of club is an odd one and considering the World Cup everyone was expecting us to get more and him to go to a better known club. however it’s still over 5 million pound profit for a player in a season and a half and for most of this season has been outperformed by Ralston.

Monza are bankrolled by Silvio Berlusconi so could pay a decent wage if Monza made the move permanent.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s a decent move for the player. The bottom 3 in Serie A are fairly isolated so he’s got a season and a half to prove himself in a top 5 league to try and get a move to a bigger club. He’ll also get himself a big wage increase.

Decent move for Celtic to as he’s not made the right back position his own domestically this season and you’ve used the likely profit on him to pay for the Canadian boy who’ll be competition for Ralston and competition keeps players on their toes.

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s a decent move for the player. The bottom 3 in Serie A are fairly isolated so he’s got a season and a half to prove himself in a top 5 league to try and get a move to a bigger club. He’ll also get himself a big wage increase.

Decent move for Celtic to as he’s not made the right back position his own domestically this season and you’ve used the likely profit on him to pay for the Canadian boy who’ll be competition for Ralston and competition keeps players on their toes.

What it should show is that Ange doesn’t form attachment to players and if he feels he can’t get the best out of them or see their future elsewhere then they move on.

GG is probably another example however I understand we have already made a bid for the Korean lad.

One for thing for sure under this manager transfer windows shall never be boring or quiet

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

What it should show is that Ange doesn’t form attachment to players and if he feels he can’t get the best out of them or see their future elsewhere then they move on.

GG is probably another example however I understand we have already made a bid for the Korean lad.

One for thing for sure under this manager transfer windows shall never be boring or quiet

Interestingly there are rumours that we are also in for Cho Gue-sung.

Also can’t help but feeling the touted fee for Juranovic is on the low side given his relatively high stock and length left on his contract. Possibly his age going against him.

12 minutes ago, AJF said:

Also can’t help but feeling the touted fee for Juranovic is on the low side given his relatively high stock and length left on his contract. Possibly his age going against him.

Worth more than your lot put together get to f**k

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

He’s still only 27 so can’t see age being the major factor unless he has some sort of release clause.

The positive is I suppose it’s still a significant return on investment and in profit even taking into account Johnstons transfer fee

If either of us get the Korean lad then he looks pretty handy and for that reason I really hope you don’t 😉🤣

Edited by Jinky67

59 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah agree - it’s a good move for all parties.

The guys got ambition to play in one of the top leagues and has an opportunity to do so so why stand in his way.

Good time to sell to as his stock’s high after the WC.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s still only 27 so can’t see age being the major factor unless he has some sort of release clause.

The positive is I suppose it’s still a significant return on investment and in profit even taking into account Johnstons transfer fee

I mean age being the factor in the sense that I’d imagine it will be unlikely Monza would make too much of a profit on him, even if he did perform well there for a couple of years.

You would think his big move should be now rather than by the time he is 30. But yes, still good business to get a significant fee and replace him at a profit with a player who’s started well.

Edited by AJF