The Celtic All Seasons thread

31 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Ange will be at Celtic until at least end of this season . New money trash such as Brighton wont interest him . They're midtable at best this season.

Indeed. Who in their right mind would want to swap regular visits to Fir Park, Dingwall, Rugby Park etc for the dubious pleasure of Old Trafford, Anfield, The Ethiad, St James Park, Tottenham, Stamford Bridge and so on.....Not Ange for sure..... God Save Ange !!!!

Probably a bit of realism required in terms of both players and managers swapping us for Premier League sides. It isn't the 2000s anymore and the PL isn't some overhyped facade anymore - it's where folk want to be and is the best league in the world in terms of opportunity and earning potential.

Ange is 57 and no doubt wants to go as high as he can - if a decent club came in for him (Brighton in their current position would probably be one of them) you'd imagine he'd at least give it a bit of thought. That said i'm certain he wouldn't leave right now as the squad he has built is probably close to it's peak and we've just started our CL campaign - something that has by all accounts been a lifelong goal for Ange, but you never know - he left his previous club mid-season to grasp a better opportunity. 

So aye, i'm not worried about him leaving just yet, but i think parts of our support scoffing/laughing and immediately dismissing interest from so-called smaller Premier League clubs (in favour of staying to win trophies and play a few games in Europe etc) probably speaks to a slightly outdated view of where we are in the food chain. 

Edited by Fratelli

3 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

The idea that a English Premier club would pick an unproven manager from a footballing backwater as their new manager is and was simply nonsense. Just the usual Scottish football reporters spouting nonsense as they so often do. No one down south took a Postegoclu appointment in anyway seriously.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Indeed. Who in their right mind would want to swap regular visits to Fir Park, Dingwall, Rugby Park etc for the dubious pleasure of Old Trafford, Anfield, The Ethiad, St James Park, Tottenham, Stamford Bridge and so on.....Not Ange for sure..... God Save Ange !!!!

So he would go but they won’t take him?

I’m happy enough with that, Kennie.

no positives today. Too many points to write in what was wrong. One defeat though and if we can use it to get us working harder for the next spell of games then maybe its needed.

One point though I cant resist. Will we ever rest Mcgregor in a game. thats 2nd time he could have been rested. Hes played far too many games over the last few seaspns and Ange said that himself at start of season. If he keeps missing these opportunites it can get more difficult to do later.

Edited by BigDoddyKane