The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You say they like I have any control or say in where we play 😂

Difference is I’m not going to bitch and moan about finances because there are parts of our performance last night which were good and if we were more clinical then getting a result may have been a possibility.

Glass half full mate

Pointing out the realities of disperate football finances is not bitching and moaning any more than pointing out the realities of income differentials between billionaire hedge fund types and people on Universal Credit is bitching and moaning. Yet in  the Tory tinted world of Glasgow Celtic where you just have to think positive and try harder it seems that it is.  You're performance last night was as irrelevant as a St Mirren or St Johnstone pluckily making it to half time level before the inevitable and tedious pumping.  What poor Liz Truss will make of it when she takes up the invitation to watch the right wingers football club of choice is anyones guess. But she'll love the Celtic philosophy......no handouts, pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You say they like I have any control or say in where we play 😂

Difference is I’m not going to bitch and moan about finances because there are parts of our performance last night which were good and if we were more clinical then getting a result may have been a possibility.

Glass half full mate

Never heard a single Celtic fan, either at or after the game or on the Celtic fans forum I request, mention the gulf in finances as a reason we lost. 

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Never heard a single Celtic fan, either at or after the game or on the Celtic fans forum I request, mention the gulf in finances as a reason we lost. 

I think this has stemmed more from the recent posts on here from some Celtic minded posters on recent threads regarding the duopoly stating teams need to show some more ambition and just "get things right" in order to challenge Celtic (or Rangers). I don't think it's much to do with Celtic fans reaction to last nights result.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think this has stemmed more from the recent posts on here from some Celtic minded posters on recent threads regarding the duopoly stating teams need to show some more ambition and just "get things right" in order to challenge Celtic (or Rangers). I don't think it's much to do with Celtic fans reaction to last nights result.

Think he thinks the whole gulf in finances debate is just some internet point scoring exercise and not the stark reality of professional football.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Pointing out the realities of disperate football finances is not bitching and moaning any more than pointing out the realities of income differentials between billionaire hedge fund types and people on Universal Credit is bitching and moaning. Yet in  the Tory tinted world of Glasgow Celtic where you just have to think positive and try harder it seems that it is.  You're performance last night was as irrelevant as a St Mirren or St Johnstone pluckily making it to half time level before the inevitable and tedious pumping.  What poor Liz Truss will make of it when she takes up the invitation to watch the right wingers football club of choice is anyones guess. But she'll love the Celtic philosophy......no handouts, pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

Like it or not football is a pyramid system at every level and unless you change the system at Uefa level and implement all of these suggestions such as revenue sharing, salary caps, limits on foreigners then it’s just blue sky thinking. 

We aren’t going to be getting a cut of Real Madrids revenues, we aren’t going to be given a handout by PSG, Man City aren’t going to reduce their salaries to make it fairer for us so the option presented with us is a singular one and that is use the resources at our disposal and try get better.

Thats the reality and it’s the one I’ll face into with optimism. You won’t hear me say it’s pointless or meaningless or that we should just start playing our reserves

Edited by Jinky67

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Like it or not football is a pyramid system at every level and unless you change the system at Uefa level and implement all of these suggestions such as revenue sharing, salary caps, limits on foreigners then it’s just blue sky thinking. 

We aren’t going to be getting a cut of Real Madrids revenues, we aren’t going to be given a handout by PSG, Man City aren’t going to reduce their salaries to make it fairer for us so the option presented with us is a singular one and that is use the resources at our disposal and try get better.

Thats the reality and it’s the one I’ll face into with optimism. You won’t hear me say it’s pointless or meaningless or that we should just start playing our reserves

I don't think many are suggesting what you say here is wrong, but I would argue the whole "the reality is one I'll face into with optimism" chat is a false equivalence given sporadic forays into Europe's premier competition where Celtic (and Rangers) are probably just happy to make up the numbers, is vastly different from the every day domestic reality other Scottish clubs face.

5 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ll say it again, it is Real Madrid who are currently the best team in Europe, were you expecting us in reality to lay much of a glove on them and not be outclassed? Since we were last in this competition they have won it twice 😂

You either have a really high opinion of us or a low opinion of Real, i can’t quite figure out which 

Yes and as such it's a bit naive to think you can play your normal game against them and not come unstuck. At the very least you try something different and maybe get a draw, or sneak a 1-0 win. It's basically accepting you'll lose, but doing so in a plucky manner makes it seem less of a defeat.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Dont get me wrong, Madrid are a fantastic team - but the tactical side of things can be more important at that level than SPFL premiership.

It was poor game management from their opponents (who also thought they could continue with the gung ho "we are relentless" stuff) as well as fantastic play - and an wonderful bench - which won Madrid the European Cup in May.

It would've been interesting if Celtic had managed to score, but i think it would've been like Argentina v England, where Argentina just stepped up a gear and scored a goal whenever they needed to do so. But yep, Celtic just played into their hands going at it high intensity first half, running out of steam in the 2nd. If you listen to Ancelotti's post match interview, he knew exactly what they'd do, and knew they could run rings around them 2nd half scoring however many they wanted/needed/could be arsed.

Just now, Henrik's tongue said:

Aye that’s called hindsight, mate.

You really believe he's just saying that post match and is lying about knowing Celtic would press with intensity, even Celtic fans knew you'd do that, the media & pundits knew you'd do it, everyone knew it, it was wholly predictable. And Ange didn't disappoint, one dimensional tactics works against cannon fodder in the domestic games, not so much in Europe against better teams though. 

Ange says he isn't happy with the defeat, so why play in a way that was always going to have the same outcome?

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You really believe he's just saying that post match and is lying about knowing Celtic would press with intensity, even Celtic fans knew you'd do that, the media & pundits knew you'd do it, everyone knew it, it was wholly predictable. And Ange didn't disappoint, one dimensional tactics works against cannon fodder in the domestic games, not so much in Europe against better teams though. 

Ange says he isn't happy with the defeat, so why play in a way that was always going to have the same outcome?

No. I was just trying (and failing miserably) to be a smartarse.

14 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Hopefully her next lecture is on how to improve parody user names.

Ohhhh, the burn....it hurts us, precious.

ETA: Re your username, is it about a body part or does he own a village in Sutherland?

Edited by Raidernation

21 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yes and as such it's a bit naive to think you can play your normal game against them and not come unstuck. At the very least you try something different and maybe get a draw, or sneak a 1-0 win. It's basically accepting you'll lose, but doing so in a plucky manner makes it seem less of a defeat.

Our normal game saw us almost take the lead several times. We had the better chances in the first half and Maeda missed an absolute sitter.

Changing our game may have saw us create f**k all and get battered anyway which is what used to happen with Brendan Rodgers.

So nah I’m glad we had a go, nothing ventured and all that

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Our normal game saw us almost take the lead several times. We had the better chances in the first half and Maeda missed an absolute sitter.

Changing our game may have saw us create f**k all and get battered anyway which is what used to happen with Brendan Rodgers.

So nah I’m glad we had a go, nothing ventured and all that

I think it’s wonderful that they care so much.