The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Unreal at times during that first half. Whatever way it goes from here, that was impressive and bodes well for the rest of the group.

Yep good first half, but the old well used phrase, the game lasts 90 mins and you've got to keep it up in the 2nd half, which isn't easy to do at that level, against top teams. I see Shakhtar won 4-1 too, will be interesting seeing how well you can do against them.

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yep good first half, but the old well used phrase, the game lasts 90 mins and you've got to keep it up in the 2nd half, which isn't easy to do at that level, against top teams. I see Shakhtar won 4-1 too, will be interesting seeing how well you can do against them.

They were some team, the way they can play through a press and straight into attack was wonderful. It’s the sort of football you can only aspire to be able to play at that level.

They are the benchmark

Edited by Jinky67

12 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

They were some team, the way they can play through a press and straight into attack was wonderful. It’s the sort of football you can only aspire to be able to play at that level.

They are the benchmark

It really is wild stuff that having 11x the revenue of your opponents can do to gaps in quality and scorelines ......

Edited by Kapowzer

Just now, Kapowzer said:

It really is wild stuff what having 11x the revenue of your opponents does to quality and scorelines ......

Is that what it is, I couldn’t tell you. Not one to dwell on that sort of stuff, bottom line is we had our chances and didn’t take them and lost to a much better team.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They are the benchmark

Maybe have to play differently against them, and not leave yourself so open 2nd half. They were comfortably playing it around you and into the net. Pretty much how you'd do it to us if we don't set up differently on Saturday.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe have to play differently against them, and not leave yourself so open 2nd half. They were comfortably playing it around you and into the net. Pretty much how you'd do it to us if we don't set up differently on Saturday.

Why play differently? We created some really good chances. Any of those go in and it’s a different game and if we set up differently we may not create any at all. 

Its Real Madrid, a free hit in this group tbh

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Why play differently? We created some really good chances. Any of those go in and it’s a different game and if we set up differently we may not create any at all. 

Dave Cormack speak.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Because you got beat 3-0 and were outclassed 2nd half. You basically shot your bolt first half and got the run around in the 2nd half. Maybe tactically naive from big Ange sticking to how you play no matter the opposition.

Any of those go in may also just have woken Real up to seriously have a go at you first half, they were playing well within themselves.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Because you got beat 3-0 and were outclassed 2nd half. You basically shot your bolt first half and got the run around in the 2nd half. Maybe tactically naive from big Ange sticking to how you play no matter the opposition.

Any of those go in may also just have woken Real up to seriously have a go at you first half, they were playing well within themselves.

I’ll say it again, it is Real Madrid who are currently the best team in Europe, were you expecting us in reality to lay much of a glove on them and not be outclassed? Since we were last in this competition they have won it twice 😂

You either have a really high opinion of us or a low opinion of Real, i can’t quite figure out which 

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ll say it again, it is Real Madrid who are currently the best team in Europe, were you expecting us in reality to lay much of a glove on them and not be outclassed? Since we were last in this competition they have won it twice 😂

You either have a really high opinion of us or a low opinion of Real, i can’t quite figure out which 

Dont get me wrong, Madrid are a fantastic team - but the tactical side of things can be more important at that level than SPFL premiership.

It was poor game management from their opponents (who also thought they could continue with the gung ho "we are relentless" stuff) as well as fantastic play - and an wonderful bench - which won Madrid the European Cup in May.

47 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Which one specific factor do you think got them to the pinnacle of European football and allowed them to stay there?

a) Money

b) Dosh

c) Funds

d) Capital

e) Finances

f) Wonga

g) Twying weally weally weally especially hard 

Edited by Squonk