The Celtic All Seasons thread

Have heard a few stories regarding him being out on the piss a few times - including in the Blythswood the night before the Norwich game. A bizarre way to approach a massive career move and he'll need to screw the nut pronto, i can't see Ange giving players too many chances when it comes to stuff like this. 

Edited by Fratelli

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Greg Taylor knowing the best way to keep his place in the starting line up is to simply not get arrested 

The stories of Taylor telling Bernabei at training that “5 and drive” is acceptable in Glasgow seems to make sense now.

Notice Jotta dedicated his weekend goal to Fernando Chalana, who passed away last week at 63.

One of my fav nostalgia YouTube matches is the Euro 84 semi between France and Portugal.

Platini, Giresse and Tigana on one side - but this dude Chalana, unplayable for the Portuguese.

RIP.

I thought he was just giving some verbals to the Killie fans in the disabled section.

Anyway, this weekend Celtic play their 3rd out of 4 games in a row which have taken place after Rangers have played their match. I thought this happened quite a lot last season as well. Any reason for that?

5 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I thought he was just giving some verbals to the Killie fans in the disabled section.

Anyway, this weekend Celtic play their 3rd out of 4 games in a row which have taken place after Rangers have played their match. I thought this happened quite a lot last season as well. Any reason for that?

Not the case this week but for the last few we’ve played qualifiers on a Tuesday and Celtic have had the weekend televised away game in the Sunday slot.

11 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Just the way it's worked with Celtic not being in Europe yet - Rangers Sat lunchtime v Livi as they were away to Union on the Tuesday, Celtic v Hearts on a Sunday as they are playing on Thursday, and probably got the Sunday TV slot again in case Dundee United were still in Europe.

Edited by Ginaro

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Another name to add to the growing list of players Pat Bonner simply describes as 'the young lad'.

In all seriousness, I’m surprised football clubs are allowed to do business with Russia 

Id have just assumed sanction would have been in place 

21 hours ago, Clown Job said:

In all seriousness, I’m surprised football clubs are allowed to do business with Russia 

Id have just assumed sanction would have been in place 

Celtic are closing in on Rubin Kazan’s Sead Haksabanovic as Ange Postecoglou keeps to his word of maintaining transfer business right up to the closing of the window.

The 23-year-old Montenegro winger is training on his own in Sweden after leaving the Russian club in the wake of the invasion of Ukraine. With Fifa suspending his contract, Celtic could get the player for less than his £6 million valuation.

Vladislav Zimagulov, a Russian transfer expert, said: “Rubin have agreed to sell Haksabanovic to Celtic. The clubs will agree a fully fledged transfer, and not a loan.

40 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Celtic are closing in on Rubin Kazan’s Sead Haksabanovic as Ange Postecoglou keeps to his word of maintaining transfer business right up to the closing of the window.

The 23-year-old Montenegro winger is training on his own in Sweden after leaving the Russian club in the wake of the invasion of Ukraine. With Fifa suspending his contract, Celtic could get the player for less than his £6 million valuation.

Vladislav Zimagulov, a Russian transfer expert, said: “Rubin have agreed to sell Haksabanovic to Celtic. The clubs will agree a fully fledged transfer, and not a loan.

You already have Jota, Abada, Maeda, Forrest, Johnston, Moffat and Bernabei who can all play as wingers and have all been deployed as wingers previously - I’m guessing that means at least 2 or 3 of those will be allowed to leave either permanently or on loan as you are not going to 8 wingers in the squad.

Who do you expect to leave ?

19 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You already have Jota, Abada, Maeda, Forrest, Johnston, Moffat and Bernabei who can all play as wingers and have all been deployed as wingers previously - I’m guessing that means at least 2 or 3 of those will be allowed to leave either permanently or on loan as you are not going to 8 wingers in the squad.

Who do you expect to leave ?

Johnston and Moffat should be certs to go on loan as they are nowhere near the level of the rest. Bernabei would only be used as an emergency winger I would imagine (although he looks tiny for a defender).  

This signing isn’t really needed now but I’m guessing we are forward planning for a change as Forrest is on the decline and Jota will be here 2 more seasons max would say. Maeda may end up playing a bit more centrally too as Kyogo and GG do seem to pick up injuries.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Johnston and Moffat should be certs to go on loan as they are nowhere near the level of the rest. Bernabei would only be used as an emergency winger I would imagine (although he looks tiny for a defender).  

This signing isn’t really needed now but I’m guessing we are forward planning for a change as Forrest is on the decline and Jota will be here 2 more seasons max would say. Maeda may end up playing a bit more centrally too as Kyogo and GG do seem to pick up injuries.

Yeah, I’d guess they are 7th and 8th choice as such. You think Jota will move on quite quickly ? He’s certainly started this season very, very well albeit his performances in Europe will be the real shop window (Eg. Bassey) and he will want to try and get into the Portugal squad at some point.

Yip, Maeda does have that flexibility.

Somebody needs to get Bernabei under control (which I’m sure they are). We’ve all heard the rumours about his drinking even before the driving incident.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah, I’d guess they are 7th and 8th choice as such. You think Jota will move on quite quickly ? He’s certainly started this season very, very well albeit his performances in Europe will be the real shop window (Eg. Bassey) and he will want to try and get into the Portugal squad at some point.

Yip, Maeda does have that flexibility.

Somebody needs to get Bernabei under control (which I’m sure they are). We’ve all heard the rumours about his drinking even before the driving incident.

Have we?

I couldn't identify the guy if he knocked on my door, and suspect 99.999% of people know nothing about him. Do you drink in a Celtic pub to get these titbits?

31 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have we?

I couldn't identify the guy if he knocked on my door, and suspect 99.999% of people know nothing about him. Do you drink in a Celtic pub to get these titbits?

The Magpie 😉 . My names Goldie.

ps. Do you only think c.5000 people in Scotland know who Bernabei is ?

I’m no expert but I reckon it’ll be a lot higher than that. Football is a lot more popular than you think.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

49 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The Magpie 😉 . My names Goldie.

ps. Do you only think c.5000 people in Scotland know who Bernabei is ?

I’m no expert but I reckon it’ll be a lot higher than that. Football is a lot more popular than you think.

^^^
Drinks in the Star inn,imo.