The Celtic All Seasons thread

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not sure about that. Bitton and Rogic played in around 70 games last season so they needed cover as 70 games across 2 less players puts a strain on players. Add to that that McCarthy and Ideguchi are not likely to feature much under the manager and with a couple of injuries and suspensions midfield could quickly become an issue.

I think what you are trying to politely say is that you think Mooy is pish. If that’s the case, fair enough but just say it. But their manager clearly rates him and in that case it’s not a strange signing at all.

Everyone we sign is pish according to @Mr. Alli including our manager. It’s a wonder how we managed to win a game at all never mind a double 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not that it would factor in to the deal as such, but his wife is a weegie too IIRC

Already has a house in Glasgow apparently not that it should be a deciding factor as you say. 

Mooy doesn’t improve what we have however as a squad player he definitely fits the bill as a player who can win the ball high up the park and use it effectively. We need additional strength in depth with the loss of Rogic and Bitton and on a free and with his experience it’s relatively low risk.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The last player I said you signed was pish was McArthy.

I was right.

Tbf I don’t recall you saying anything about McCarthy other than there was no chance he was being signed as backup. 

You were wrong

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Everyone we sign is pish according to @Mr. Alli 

40 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

The last player I said you signed was pish was McArthy.

I was right.

22 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You were wrong

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You have literally just said the exact same thing about Mooy. So you may as well cut the shite and say you think he’s pish 😂

Are you drunk?

16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Are you drunk?

Imagine editing my post to try have it read differently …. Minter 😂  The post was clearly indicating you were wrong about the role McCarthy was being signed for. 

39 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Tbf I don’t recall you saying anything about McCarthy other than there was no chance he was being signed as backup. 

You were wrong

Didn’t you also say the J-League was of a worse standard then the Scottish Championship? 

You were wrong there too however back on topic is this you saying you think Aaron Mooy is pish? A simple yes or no will suffice

Edited by Jinky67

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Imagine editing my post to try have it read differently …. Minter 😂  

I haven't edited it to try and make it read differently. You said I was wrong back then and "never posted anything apart from him not being back up". I still don't believe he was signed to be back up, I think him being gunned made him back up.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Didn’t you also say the J-League was of a worse standard then the Scottish Championship? 

I'm not sure if I did. Perhaps you could find the post. Unsure how you'd be able to prove I was (if I did say it) wrong in this assertion.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You were wrong there too however back on topic is this you saying you think Aaron Mooy is pish? A simple yes or no will suffice

Mooy is nowhere near the calibre of player Celtic should be signing. He's an absolute waste of money - exactly as I said McArthy would be.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not sure if I did. Perhaps you could find the post. Unsure how you'd be able to prove I was (if I did say it) wrong in this assertion.

On 13/06/2021 at 11:09, Jinky67 said:

So the World Cup is Scottish Championship level? J-League also?

On 13/06/2021 at 11:39, Mr. Alli said:

Absolutely, have you ever watched it? It's a fucking stinking level. :lol:

Yeah he led his team to the world cup twice - where they were humiliated. Twice. Congrats, Ange. 

How you prove the assertion wrong? Surely 2 trophies and 4 players and a manager from that league strolling ours.

Anyway petty flexing aside and back on Mooy , I would liked to have seen us get the boy Michut from PSG but it’s yet to be seen if that is now dead however Mooy as a squad player doesn’t really offer much of a risk imo. Missing out on Souza is a blow however looking at our midfield with McGregor, O’Riley, Hatate, Turnbull, Guchi, Mooy and McCarthy we are looking ok just now

Where I would agree with you re calibre is at centre back, a quality left sided centre back is a must. 

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

How you prove the assertion wrong? Surely 2 trophies and 4 players and a manager from that league strolling ours.

Anyway petty flexing aside and back on Mooy , I would liked to have seen us get the boy Michut from PSG but it’s yet to be seen if that is now dead however Mooy as a squad player doesn’t really offer much of a risk imo. Missing out on Souza is a blow however looking at our midfield with McGregor, O’Riley, Hatate, Turnbull, Guchi, Mooy and McCarthy we are looking ok just now

Where I would agree with you re calibre is at centre back, a quality left sided centre back is a must. 

I think Mr Alli is spot on here btw and as a realist you do to. Going into the Champions League with Starfelt and Carter-Vickers as your first choice pairing is madness. Upgrade needed on both before the group stages.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Mooy is nowhere near the calibre of player Celtic should be signing. He's an absolute waste of money - exactly as I said McArthy would be.

I get the Mooy McCarthy comparisons tbh but the big difference for me is one was clearly signed by Desmond and the other by our manager who knows him pretty well. He’s also not on a silly long term contract or injury prone

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think Mr Alli is spot on here btw and as a realist you do to. Going into the Champions League with Starfelt and Carter-Vickers as your first choice pairing is madness. Upgrade needed on both before the group stages.

I don’t anyone is really expecting us to make any real inroads in the champions league tbh and I’m not sure where exactly we can really pull a champions league ball playing centre half from. Starfelt gives me the fear a bit at that level but tbh we managed to get to the latter stages with Caldwell and McManus iirc so a settled back four will do for now. 

Edited by gannonball

46 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

CCV I’m more than comfortable going into the Champions League with, Starfelt doesn’t inspire the same confidence and even more concerning if we lose either to injury.

Apparently we are being linked with a German central defender from Lorient

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Starfelt is good at defending its his passing out of defence I worry about and he seems to make errors

I think he gets suckered in to giving cheap fouls too often. We have improved a fair bet in defending set pieces but in the champions league I will be shitting myself every time he leers over a player from a high ball