The Celtic All Seasons thread

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hadn’t heard his background  before will have a look. The arrogance I got from him was when he got called up again for Switzerland and an ex-Celt loanee (Vega) said he wasn’t very deserving of it as he had been pretty poor for us. Ajeti claimed he had never heard of Vega, which I found it quite amusing for him to act Billy big baws given he had probably scored the same amount of goals as a big money Striker for Celtic as Vega who was a patch up loanee defender.

Ah multi millionaire Ramon Vega who once slaughtered the entire Celtic squad for having no pride or respect for their club - that guy.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ah multi millionaire Ramon Vega who once slaughtered the entire Celtic squad for having no pride or respect for their club - that guy.

I’m guessing it was the players on the park and not the entire squad he had a dig at, sorry, slaughtered. , but yes, that Ramon vega. 

I know absolutely nothing about this boy, but one of those that just feels quite exciting. Has a handful of brief appearances for the first team alongside the usual compilations of him looking like a 1986 Maradona at youth level.

Of course the fact that PSG are happy to let him go for such a small price with 3 years left on his contract maybe needs looked at, but that's the market we're in.

Edited by Fratelli

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That's a very strange signing.

Is it really a strange signing ? I’m not saying it’s a great signing but it’s definitely not a strange one. 1. He’s known to the manager and has worked with him before and received very positive feedback from Postecoglu. 2. He’s got experience of playing at a higher level than all of Celtic’s midfield (McArthy apart). 3. Commercially Celtic are moving into the Asian and Oceanic markets - this enhances that. 4. He’s experience of playing in Scotland. 5. He’s relatively cheap.

I don’t really see much of the fuss about Mooy

1 year deal on a free transfer, very low risk signing 

Apparently this is the first time Ange has signed an Australian (outside of Australia) and so far his signings have been pretty spot on since he arrived 

Edited by Clown Job

6 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Apparently this is the first time Ange has signed an Australian (outside of Australia) and so far his signings have been pretty spot on since he arrived 

A proven player in the EPL, and an internationalist who the manager knows well and he costs nothing?  Its a no brainer really for me. Add that we have lost relative regulars in Biton and Rogic, lost a back up in Soro, need to reduce Mcgregors game time where possible and Turnbull not the best for a full 90 mins its a signing really that potentially helps us out a lot. Doing well to convince him to come considering its the world cup soon and not really guaranteed game time.

Edited by gannonball

Walked past Celtic Park for the first time the other day and couldn't help but feel it was much smaller than I had expected. It actually looks much bigger from the inside on TV. Is the pitch sunken into the ground at all? I double checked just now and it is indeed the biggest ground in the country by a fair margin. What's the story? What yous up to in there? 

33 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Walked past Celtic Park for the first time the other day and couldn't help but feel it was much smaller than I had expected. It actually looks much bigger from the inside on TV. Is the pitch sunken into the ground at all? I double checked just now and it is indeed the biggest ground in the country by a fair margin. What's the story? What yous up to in there? 

I always feel it looks massive from the motorway as you can see in via the smaller stand. Closer to it though I kind of get what you mean as the emirates velodrome is beside it and you wonder how one holds 6x times as much as the other. The other side is basically a huge wall up along it backing on to a massive mounded grave yard so I think because there are larger things around it it doesn’t look huge compared to other large grounds which often just back on to rows of small houses.

ETA - I still think It looks pretty massive though tbh. 

Edited by gannonball

Yeah it definitely looks bigger from further away. From the motorway or my old college it sticks out like a sore thumb and towers above everything else. Probably didn't help that where I was closest was the London Rd side and that stand is about 1/3rd of the others. 

I wanted to walk along that road that goes under the cemetery side stand but there was a man in hi-vis and I got scared.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He brings absolutely nothing to their squad.

I’m not sure about that. Bitton and Rogic played in around 70 games last season so they needed cover as 70 games across 2 less players puts a strain on players. Add to that that McCarthy and Ideguchi are not likely to feature much under the manager and with a couple of injuries and suspensions midfield could quickly become an issue.

I think what you are trying to politely say is that you think Mooy is pish. If that’s the case, fair enough but just say it. But their manager clearly rates him and in that case it’s not a strange signing at all.

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Good squad player. We have 2 players for every position I think? Though not 2 playmakers, I guess O'Riley is only one now Rogic is gone. The French guy if we sign him I presume would be a Rogic replacement

Edited by BigDoddyKane

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

I think it’s the main stand being so much smaller that can give the impression it’s a lot smaller than it is. 

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it really a strange signing ? I’m not saying it’s a great signing but it’s definitely not a strange one. 1. He’s known to the manager and has worked with him before and received very positive feedback from Postecoglu. 2. He’s got experience of playing at a higher level than all of Celtic’s midfield (McArthy apart). 3. Commercially Celtic are moving into the Asian and Oceanic markets - this enhances that. 4. He’s experience of playing in Scotland. 5. He’s relatively cheap.

Not that it would factor in to the deal as such, but his wife is a weegie too IIRC