The Celtic All Seasons thread

I'm not overly surprised at this news regarding Souza. Felt if he wanted to come here it would have been done long before now.

Seems like the City group were also pushing for a straight loan with no option to buy aswell, which is something I also wouldn't have been a fan off.

Oh well Ange said he's got multiple people marked for positions he wants to improve so lets see what else we have lined up then.

58 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tbf, as soon as it was apparent he was wanted by teams from stronger leagues, it was highly unlikely he was coming to Scotland. Agree with you and @Mr. Alli that he sounds like he’s got a lot of potential.

Let’s be honest he’s joining a team that aren’t going to make a mark in La Liga, they finished 14th or 15th and as mentioned there is a significant City group influence with this one too.

Every confidence we have a number of targets to go after and sometimes these things work out well just like us missing out on McGree to land O’Reily 

33 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Let’s be honest he’s joining a team that aren’t going to make a mark in La Liga, they finished 14th or 15th and as mentioned there is a significant City group influence with this one too.

Every confidence we have a number of targets to go after and sometimes these things work out well just like us missing out on McGree to land O’Reily 

You are spot on mate but he obviously feels La Liga is a better option just now. He maybe has ambitions of playing for Brazil and he’s unlikely to get that playing in Scotland. 

You’d have thought if the City Group were influencing this he’d be heading to Girona and not Espanyol.

14 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

Boli away on a permanent deal to some club in Belgium. Great news 

Now just Ajeti remains of the dugshite quartet

Boli was absolutely terrible, the typical modern day full back where he was clearly athletic but technically terrible.  Taylor is certainly no world beater but for me was always head and shoulders above Boli.

As for Ajeti I’m guessing he is on some serious cash given we got him from the EPL, he also can’t play up front by himself which leaves next to nobody wanting him. Comes across as rather arrogant too.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Boli was absolutely terrible, the typical modern day full back where he was clearly athletic but technically terrible.  Taylor is certainly no world beater but for me was always head and shoulders above Boli.

As for Ajeti I’m guessing he is on some serious cash given we got him from the EPL, he also can’t play up front by himself which leaves next to nobody wanting him. Comes across as rather arrogant too.

I read his story about him and his family fleeing war torn Kosovo to Switzerland and how lucky and grateful he was as 140000 of his people lost their lives. Talked about how difficult it was for his mum and dad.

I thought he sounded very humble ?

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I read his story about him and his family fleeing war torn Kosovo to Switzerland and how lucky and grateful he was as 140000 of his people lost their lives. Talked about how difficult it was for his mum and dad.

I thought he sounded very humble ?

Hadn’t heard his background  before will have a look. The arrogance I got from him was when he got called up again for Switzerland and an ex-Celt loanee (Vega) said he wasn’t very deserving of it as he had been pretty poor for us. Ajeti claimed he had never heard of Vega, which I found it quite amusing for him to act Billy big baws given he had probably scored the same amount of goals as a big money Striker for Celtic as Vega who was a patch up loanee defender.