The Celtic All Seasons thread

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Did Celtic have a different strip for every team they played in 1888?

Our first game was against Rangers so commemorates our first game. I thought that was common knowledge, I guess not

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Edited by Jinky67

Not a shot at Celtic but these new fangled ways of describing transfer fees are a bit tit aggravating. 

"Jota, £7m for 70%" makes it sound like some dodgy third party deal and there isn't even a guarantee that Celtic will ever sell him so Benfica won't get to see the 30%.

Edited by Mr. Alli
Benfica keeps autocorrecting to Benefice and I'm not even sure that's a word.

23 hours ago, smpar said:

I know a few clips of a player pinging crosses and running quite fast doesn’t always translate into being a genuinely very good player but there’s something really exciting about this guy.

Can see Celtic being absolutely miles ahead* of anything else in Scotland this season.

*even more so, obviously.

Said this last season when I was about the only person on here that predicted Celtic to win the league.

Celtic are in a very strong position as have won 10 from last 11 titles. They are able to spend £20m+ bringing in new talent every season whereas their competitors (if you can actually class the other teams in the league as that - 10 from 11 titles would suggest otherwise) are barely spending a bean between them.

I can see another run of a large number of consecutive titles incoming.

I was fortunate enough to remember the 80’s when Scottish football was competitive with 4 different teams winning the league in a 5 year period and Hearts being very close to making it a 5th. Sadly, imvho opinion, those days are long gone.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not a shot at Celtic but these new fangled ways of describing transfer fees are a bit tit aggravating. 

"Jota, £7m for 70%" makes it sound like some dodgy third party deal and there isn't even a guarantee that Celtic will ever sell him so Benfica won't get to see the 30%.

This is a weird way of putting it, almost as if they think that sounds better than saying they owe a 30% sell on

19 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The thought of him and Bernabei down that left hand side wolf of wall street omg GIF

Tim Vickery had a piece on Bernabei where he suggested his best position was in a more advanced role, almost like a left winger. It’s more than likely that Ange seen enough in his first season to see that you are up against more or less nothing domestically and is going to play 8 attack minded players with Hart, CCV and Starfelt the only defensive minded players.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This is a weird way of putting it, almost as if they think that sounds better than saying they owe a 30% sell on

Like I said - not a pop at Celtic. Their deal has been written as this but there's numerous others the same nowadays.

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

July 1st and the business that matters is pretty much done or being done

For me another decent centre back and possibly another midfielder and that would conclude a strong window

ideal world, Id like to see a defensive midfielder, the Brazilian sounded ideal and a playmaker but if no other signings im happy enough already

Whos the young players that are on verge of breaking into team, we should have 2 or 3 a season on verge, with hopefully at least 1 making it

25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

For someone that’s never off the Celtic thread I’d have thought you cared enough to know that. 

Just because I supervise you guys cutting edge debates doesn’t mean I know totally meaningless Celtic trivia.